Momo Sissoko (23 Viewers)

OP
Jul 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #81
    Can't wait to see Momo proves the Liverpool fans wrong.

That would sweet a for a Juve fan.

Fingers cross.

Me too. I believe that Sissoko couln't fit in Liverpool's squad because he couldn't collaborate with Alonso, Gerard and Mascherano and the most times he looked to be very isolated at the midfield. It seems that Ranieri knows the player very well and believes in his abilities so it's up to him to show if Sissoco can fit to our squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Jul 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #82
    Juve move an 'honour’ for Sissoko

Jan 29 2008

by Nick Smith, Liverpool Daily Post

MOMO SISSOKO has revealed his “pride and honour” at the prospect of representing Juventus.

The Mali man put the finishing touches to his move from Liverpool last night before flying back from Turin to Ghana to represent Mali in their final African Cup of Nations group game against Ivory Coast.

Sissoko initially left his country’s camp to head to Italy for a medical, which he passed before agreeing a five-year contract.

The midfielder admitted his relief that the transfer, which has taken almost the entirety of the January window to complete, has erased the doubts he had about his future.

Sissoko said: “I know my future now and I know which club I will belong to when I will return.

“It is a pride and an honour to wear the colours of Juve.”

Sissoko arrived on Merseyside in the summer of 2005 for £5.6million after initially breaking into the Valencia first team under Rafael Benitez before he took over at Anfield.

However, held back by an eye injury among other things, he failed to fulfil his early potential and has been restricted to just 14 appearances in all competitions this season.

The £9million Liverpool will scoop for selling the 23-year-old could yet go towards funding a permanent deal for Javier Mascherano before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

A £17million fee has already been agreed with the Argentine’s owners MSI with Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks revealing this week that he is prepared to endorse the deal.

Benitez has intimated he will wait until the summer to secure Mascherano but hints from the player’s agent that Italian clubs will also come in for him at the end of the season will increase the Spaniard’s determination to tie up the transfer.

One player set to stay at Anfield

beyond the current window is John Arne Riise, whose agent Jan Kvalheim insists that reported interest from Newcastle United and Aston Villa will not come to any fruition.

“There are probably a lot of teams thinking about making a bid,” said Kvalheim. “But nothing will happen.

“He has one-and-a-half years left on his contract.

“It hasn’t been an issue or important that he is sold in the transfer window – it is only journalists in England and Norway that are speculating.”

Meanwhile, Dirk Kuyt immediately turned his attention to Wembley after yesterday’s draw for the fifth round of the FA Cup was kind to Liverpool once again.

After the 5-2 victory over Blue Square South side Havant & Waterlooville on Saturday, Liverpool were handed another home tie against Barnsley.

It’s the third round in succession they have been paired with a team from a lower division and although the Tykes, 16th in the Championship, are the highest-ranked of their opponents so far, the pairing of Manchester United with Arsenal underlines how much the draw could now open up for the 2006 winners.

“I think we can go all the way in the FA Cup and we have the quality to beat every team,” Kuyt said.

“We have to just focus on ourselves and believe in ourselves. Even though we are not playing our best football at the moment I think we will soon be back to our best.

“Last year we lost to Arsenal in the third round which was disappointing but his season we have played Luton Town and Havant & Waterlooville. So we will see what happens but we have to be ready for every team.

“We have got the FA Cup and the Champions League still to play for. We should really do better in the league but we also want to win every trophy that is possible.”

FA Cup fifth round draw (ties to be played on weekend of February 16/17): Bristol Rovers v Southampton, Cardiff v Wolves, Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough, Liverpool v Barnsley, Manchester United v Arsenal, Preston v Portsmouth, Coventry v West Brom, Chelsea v Huddersfield.

icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    first its juve is not a big club and now its i am proud. i hope he can do well but he seems a bit of a bullshit artist

OP
    Jul 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #84
    Juventus: Sissoko è ufficialmente un giocatore bianconero

12:19 del 29 gennaio

momo sissokoDopo tante voci e tanto parlare, finalmente arriva l'ufficialità: Mohamed Lamine Sissoko, centrocampista del Mali, è un giocatore della Juventus a tutti gli effetti. La società bianconera ha infatti depositato presso la Lega Calcio il contratto con il quale annuncia l'ingaggio, a titolo definitivo, del giocatore africano dal Liverpool. Sissoko, impegnato attualmente con la sua nazionale in Coppa d'Africa, potrebbe essere a disposizione di Ranieri già verso la seconda settimana di febbraio.

Il giocatore, costato 11 milioni di euro (al quale ne vanno aggiunti due dopo un certo numero di presenze in campionato), guadagnerà 2,5 milioni a stagione. Ha firmato un contratto per quattro anni con un'opzione per il quinto.

calciomercato.com

Jul 2, 2006
    Sissoko è bianconero

Dopo Guglielmo Stendardo, Claudio Ranieri avrà presto un nuovo rinforzo per la squadra che affronterà la seconda parte di stagione. La Juventus ha infatti ufficializzato l’ingaggio di Mohamed Lamine Sissoko, prelevato dal Liverpool. Ha firmato un contratto quinquennale.

Nativo in Francia nel 1985, il centrocampista ha passaporto del Mali, e con la sua Nazionale in questi giorni sta disputando la Coppa d’Africa. Raggiungerà i nuovi compagni al termine della manifestazione in corso in Ghana.

Sissoko, che nei giorni scorsi è stato a Torino per la firma e le visite mediche, ha rilasciato la sua prima dichiarazione da bianconero a Juventus Channel in un’intervista che verrà trasmessa oggi alle 19.45. «Sono contento di essere arrivato in una società così importante, quest’esperienza costituisce sicuramente un passo avanti per la mia carriera. Sono emozionato al pensiero di potermi presto confrontare con grandi campioni del calibro di Buffon e Del Piero e di ritrovare Ranieri, un grande allenatore che ho già avuto ai tempi del Valencia»

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
    Liverpool fan here:

Just want to wish Momo well and let you guys know you're getting a bargain. Momo has the potential to be a great player, he's struggled with his form this season and is really lacking confidence but all he needs is a good run in a side (which unfortunately he's not going to get with Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano ahead of him) and im sure he'll be back to his form of his first 2 seasons with us. To put into perspective how good he was in those 2 seasons; i'd have put him ahead of Gerrard (who had arguably his best season for us in 05/06 scoring 23 goals from midfield) and any other player for us during those seasons.

Good luck Momo
    Its nice to hear kind words about Momo from the Liverpool camp here. There're plenty of mocking by those others.

cheers.

sukhyrai

Jan 29, 2008
    Another Liverpool Fan here.

Wish Momo the best of luck at Juventus. Hes a very good player and still has enormous amount of potential to fulfill. Think Serie A will me more suited to his game than the hustle & bustle of the Premiership. I'm pleased for him as at Liverpool he got down the pecking order because of teh likes of Alonso and Macsherano.

Best of luck.

Njoy a hardworker Juve fans

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    So, which Liverpool fan should we believe now? The ones who say he is total shit or the ones who say he has amazing potential?

Personally, I am with the 2nd group as I, just like Azzurri7 See Momo as a very good player with big potential and and hopefully Ranieri can bring the best out of him. Every team needs a Makelele and he could be ours. I just hope he will be an upgrade over Nocerino who has really stopped impressing me. Nocerino is recently just average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)