Momo Sissoko (12 Viewers)

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Momo's Vieira ambition
Wednesday 9 April, 2008

Momo Sissoko has won over the Juventus supporters and is aiming high. “I want to be better than Patrick Vieira.”

The former Liverpool midfielder completed his transfer during the January window and after a shaky start has impressed fans and critics alike.

“Juve had been chasing me for two years,” he told Sky Italia. “I was meant to sign at the end of last season, but as I was happy at Liverpool I preferred not to risk it.

“Then I started playing a bit less at Liverpool and Juve renewed their interest. Despite the fact I had other very advanced negotiations in place, I chose Turin because for me they were the Number One club.”

He was specifically requested by Coach Claudio Ranieri, who had already worked with Sissoko at Valencia.

But he revealed that it was another former Juventus figure who proved instrumental in the move.

“Vieira advised me and spoke highly of Juventus. Rafa Benitez told me I would become better than Vieira.

“As far as I am concerned, I think we still have many years between us and I am still young, so I have a lot left to prove. Vieira has already shown he is a great. I can still improve and, why not, even become stronger than him.”

The 23-year-old Mali international is looking forward to his first clash with Milan this Saturday and Juve need a result after their 3-2 defeat at Palermo.

“We have many regrets, because we deserved to win that game, especially after a fantastic second half.

“That is football, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, now we have to wipe it all off the slate. There is a crucial match against Milan coming up and we cannot be unprepared.”

channel4.com

IMO, he has done better in Juve so far than Vieira.
Ofcourse he can be better, I mean Vieira is a cunt and Momo is a fantastic player.
Actually, Vieira is the one to thank. If he choosed to stay, then he would have been injury prone and would have sucked like he does at Inter, but we would be covered, wich means Momo wouldnt have joined. With him leaving, we got Momo... Thank you Vieira!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 16, 2007
to be honest......... at 22years doing this and they say players peak at 25/26. i just think weve got the bargain of the decade.... i watch juve more coz of momo, and hes name begings with MO like mine hehe hehe hehehehe!!!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Different players peak at different ages. Some peak at 25/26 yes, but other do so at 20 and some get better when they're over 30. There is no set peaking age. But yes, chances are Sissoko still has a lot of improvement left in him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Different players peak at different ages. Some peak at 25/26 yes, but other do so at 20 and some get better when they're over 30. There is no set peaking age. But yes, chances are Sissoko still has a lot of improvement left in him.
If he works on his positional sense and improves his passing a wee bit, he can become a world class destroyer.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
well put dom :pint:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Have you SEEN him play? Hehe, he plays so aggressively, but he hardly ever misses an angle, his tackling is so clean cut despite the ferocity of them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes I have SEEN him play and I know that all his tackling is borderline straight red card. If he misses by one centimeter the disaster will happen. My question is based on previous observation.

Jun 13, 2007
Have you SEEN him play? Hehe, he plays so aggressively, but he hardly ever misses an angle, his tackling is so clean cut despite the ferocity of them.
True , he's not the type of player that tackles recklessly , his tackles are precise and accurate . He always gets the ball and not the player .

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I just hope that nocerino doesn't start alongside sissoko tonight, he played much better after nocerino went off after half time against palermo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes I have SEEN him play and I know that all his tackling is borderline straight red card. If he misses by one centimeter the disaster will happen. My question is based on previous observation.
Have not in anyway noticed that his tackles are borderline red card (he hardly gets yellow card despite slide tackling 50 times a game), let alone freekick worthy most of the time. He plays with extreme aggression, but pretty much gets the ball cleanly. Aslong as he doesnt miss, doesnt matter if he is close to it.

In his games, the only game I noticed he fouled and not just made clean tackles is the Inter game, where he missed and fouled Materazzi and some of their midfielders. But otherwise, his precision in the tackles are beyond accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)