Momo Sissoko (122 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Could you show me numbers please? I still don't think his pass ratio is much worse than his team mates.

I was reading posts in match thread and i see some of you are obsessed with Sissoko and instead of watching the game, concetrated on on Sissoko's miss placed passes. And worst thing about it, when he does that you're enjoying it.
Just watch the fucking matches, no bullshit. Whenever four or more people post, "poor pass Sissoko," it's not a lie.

Stop living in denial.

The majority here are in agreement with me. Why is that?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sissoko lost possession 4 times during the game, that's a huge improvement. His passing was better, all his short passes were accurate except the 4 that I mentioned , and that's practically all he did, he got the ball and did a short pass to the back or to the sides, what more do you want from a defensive midfielder?

He's not a Xavi Alonso, or a Cambiasso, but I'm seeing improvement of his passing decisions under Del Neri.

But what I do miss and been noticing is, that he doesn't pressure the opponents that much no more, like in his first couple of seasons here, the workhorse in him is not showing. It probably is the fasting that's effecting his play?

It was more than four losses of possession. Those four would account for the times he was dribbling the ball and lost it, not including the passes to the other team and the two out of bounds.

He did nothing, can't pass worth a shit, doesn't add anything. Get over it already. Just watch the matches.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What's funny is that those who defend Momo focus only on the passing but the fact is he makes turnovers in more ways than wrong passing.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Sissoko was atrocious last night. I don't see how that can be denied.

Had Melo or Poulsen been playing the same way, people would be calling for their heads.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Could you show me numbers please? I still don't think his pass ratio is much worse than his team mates.

I was reading posts in match thread and i see some of you are obsessed with Sissoko and instead of watching the game, concetrated on on Sissoko's miss placed passes. And worst thing about it, when he does that you're enjoying it.
His pass ratio is much worse and what's particularly bad about it is that Sissoko shouldn't be the guy going for difficult passes. This means he's screwing up the easy ones too.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
For a player like Sissoko, it sort of helps playing next to Cristiano Zanetti, Pavel Nedved, Mauro Camoranesi and Alessandro Del Piero.
This is probably the biggest reason as to why he looked good in the first season. People tend to close an eye on that. Zanetti played his best season of his career that season and everyone knows what a phenomenal season Del Piero had.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
From what I could watch last night, the problems were not only the passes that he missed, but even the passes that he completed.

There were several instances where he completed a pass to the wings, but the wingers, or diego had to backtrack slightly, or at best, they were exactly parallel to the player receiving the ball. That ruins the forward momentum. That extra second that it takes to back track that received pass is crucial when you are trying to build an attack

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think folk are getting too hung up on Sissoko's passing now.

We know that his passing will be okay at best.

I'm more concerned that we aren't seeing him act as the supremely destructive force that he was in midfield at times under Ranieri.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think folk are getting too hung up on Sissoko's passing now.

We know that his passing will be okay at best.

I'm more concerned that we aren't seeing him act as the supremely destructive force that he was in midfield at times under Ranieri.
Under Ranieri's first season.

And as you said, if his destructive force is absent, together with his passing, even with low wages he's become extremely useless. Turk will have to suffer a bit, but that's reality.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Exactly.

The shit passing was tolerable when he was single handedly demolishing Milan with his aggression and athleticism, but right now he is a whole lot of nothing in midfield.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Under Ranieri's first season.
Second season too, I think. Right now I can only remember that he was brilliant on that match you watched live (Juve-Milan 4:2), on both matches against Real where he singlehandedly took care of every Real midfielder and that he was the only one who could take on Inter's midfield, but I think that in general he was great through out the season.

Last year though and as it looks, this year too, he's not showing even 10% of that destructive force Red is talking about. That is what really worries me. Not his passing which isn't any worse than 2 or 3 years ago when he did great for Juve.

Edit: Actually....when he got injured against Torino (came in as a sub in the last 5 minutes and got injured) and he missed many months due to injury...he was never the same after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)