Momo Sissoko (8 Viewers)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Could you show me numbers please? I still don't think his pass ratio is much worse than his team mates.

I was reading posts in match thread and i see some of you are obsessed with Sissoko and instead of watching the game, concetrated on on Sissoko's miss placed passes. And worst thing about it, when he does that you're enjoying it.
oh come on Turk, did you watch the game?
he really is very poor in passing the ball
he's a rock yes but his passes?
I can't believe it for a player at this level

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Sissoko lost possession 4 times during the game, that's a huge improvement. His passing was better, all his short passes were accurate except the 4 that I mentioned , and that's practically all he did, he got the ball and did a short pass to the back or to the sides, what more do you want from a defensive midfielder?

He's not a Xavi Alonso, or a Cambiasso, but I'm seeing improvement of his passing decisions under Del Neri.

But what I do miss and been noticing is, that he doesn't pressure the opponents that much no more, like in his first couple of seasons here, the workhorse in him is not showing. It probably is the fasting that's effecting his play?

Jul 2, 2006
oh come on Turk, did you watch the game?
he really is very poor in passing the ball
he's a rock yes but his passes?
I can't believe it for a player at this level
I don't deny he is not like his first season. But seeing some of us eagerly waiting and applauding his miss placed is something i can't approve. He has become official scape goat. I am still waiting for stats btw. Alen could show us some numbers maybe.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I noticed it too Turk.

He had a bad game like everyone else but did make a few good challenges which certain members didn't comment on in the live thread then once he made a bad pass they jumped on it calling him useless.

Some posters are starting to sound like broken records on these forums nowadays.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I noticed it too Turk.

He had a bad game like everyone else but did make a few good challenges which certain members didn't comment on in the live thread then once he made a bad pass they jumped on it calling him useless.

Some posters are starting to sound like broken records on these forums nowadays.
:tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what is all this miss passes people talking about? he had 4 miss passes and none of them resulted in a counter attack.

reading the forum and reviews people would have you believe all of the strum's chances came off sissoko giving the ball away.

also he did his job decently. does a goalkepper need to make 10 saves a match to be considered good? does a striker have to score every match to be considered good? Sissoko pressured the opposition today and stopped important attacks by strum on 2 occasions, and held his line in center. if anything it was Marchisio, Motta, De Ceglie and Martinez that lacked in midfield today

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you're right I also don't see what is all this miss passes people talking about? he had 4 miss passes and none of them resulted in a counter attack.

reasinf the forum and reviews people would have you believe all of the strum's chances came off sissoko giving the ball away.

also he did his job decently. does a goalkepper need to make 10 saves a match to be considered good? does a striker have to score every match to be considered good? Sissoko pressured the opposition today and stopped important attacks by strum on 2 occasions, and held his line in center. if anything it was Marchisio, Motta, De Ceglie and Martinez that left Sissoko doing all the work.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't deny he is not like his first season. But seeing some of us eagerly waiting and applauding his miss placed is something i can't approve. He has become official scape goat. I am still waiting for stats btw. Alen could show us some numbers maybe.
I noticed it too Turk.

As if you didn't do the exact same thing about Poulsen's wages.

Jul 2, 2006
I didn't go into live thread and acted like ''Poulsen missed vooeyyh:lol:, Poulsen sucked holeey:agree:''. If a Juve player suck i didn't enjoy. It's rather distressing. I don't enjoy Amauri's missing headers. If you post same thing more than 10 times in one single game, this is not healthy. This is obsession. You can't enjoy a match when concetrated on one man's missed passes. What i said is happening now. Sissoko's passes became a myth like 'Buffon can't save penalty'. When Diego or somebody miss a pass nobody notices but when Sissoko does that it's offending someone. You should realize that everybody lose the ball at least once in game. Stats can prove you wrong. I am sure it's not much worse than others.

Lastly, i think every team need a destroyer in squad, playing or not. Since we can't buy Essien, since we don't have a proper left back, striker and 4th defender it's not logical to sell our only destroyer and seek for another one as if we can buy someone better. Real Madrid fans did same thing with Makalele then they could not fill his position for next 5 seasons.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't go into live thread and acted like ''Poulsen missed vooeyyh:lol:, Poulsen sucked holeey:agree:''. If a Juve player suck i didn't enjoy. It's rather distressing. I don't enjoy Amauri's missing headers. If you post same thing more than 10 times in one single game, this is not healthy. This is obsession. You can't enjoy a match when concetrated on one man's missed passes. What i said is happening now. Sissoko's passes became a myth like 'Buffon can't save penalty'. When Diego or somebody miss a pass nobody notices but when Sissoko does that it's offending someone. You should realize that everybody lose the ball at least once in game. Stats can prove you wrong. I am sure it's not much worse than others.

Lastly, i think every team need a destroyer in squad, playing or not. Since we can't buy Essien, since we don't have a proper left back, striker and 4th defender it's not logical to sell our only destroyer and seek for another one as if we can buy someone better. Real Madrid fans did same thing with Makalele then they could not fill his position for next 5 seasons.
I did not go to the Live thread and started counting Momo's mistakes either. Actually you can go and check my posts in the Live thread, it was around three comments, two of them were about the commentator.

And please don't lecture us on obsession, you are the wrong person to do that.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Just because a player doesn't have a ton of incomplete passes on the stat sheet, doesn't mean his passing is satisfactory. Momo's accuracy is poor, and too often his completed passes put his teammates under far more pressure then they should be. He's frequently borderline out of control in possession, he's forced to play the ball backwards far too often (for my liking), and he can be very reckless/absent minded at times.

All of that said, he's an absolute beast, he has a good work rate, and if he's got a player beside him who can spread the field and help cover his deficiencies (a la Zanetti), then Momo can be a very serviceable player who will put in an occasionally colossal performance.

Momo and Melo just don't complement each other well enough to be partnered together. I'll readily admit that I'm a Marchisio fanboy, and think he should be starting every game when healthy; I also think that Melo is significantly better than Momo and should be starting as well (some will definitely disagree). Sissoko should be coming off the bench.

Momo will be useful in certain situations, and I am holding out hope that he'll round into form, and put in some strong performances for us. That said, we desperately need another central midfielder with some quality in possession, a player who will spread the field and facilitate our transition game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)