Moise Kean (9 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's very rare to see big leaps in quality with strikers. The only example I can remember from the past 25 years is Luca Toni. With many others is the exact opposite. Torres, Shevchenko, Vieri, Adriano, Ronaldo (R9), Robinho - they all became far weaker near their 30s. On the other hand strikers like Auguero, Suarez, Dzeko and Tevez were consistent from 20 to early 30-something.

With Kean I don't see any perspective to be a quality striker. His finishing is average at best, his passing and creativity are terrible, physically he is good but that's far from enough. Around his age Lewandowski became the prolific striker in Dortmund. Kean is so far away of showing potential for something like that.
Cavani. Drogba. The former was 24 when he finally hit a 20 goal season. Drogba was 25 before he finally broke out.

Some players mature later, come into their own later.

Kean has decent finishing, good instincts (as evidenced by the fact he consistently puts himself in good positions to score), good athleticism.

His technique is awkward and passing/creativity/vision for that are nonexistent.

Still, could easily see him becoming a class poacher if he gets more consistent with his finishing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Cavani. Drogba. The former was 24 when he finally hit a 20 goal season. Drogba was 25 before he finally broke out.

Some players mature later, come into their own later.

Kean has decent finishing, good instincts (as evidenced by the fact he consistently puts himself in good positions to score), good athleticism.

His technique is awkward and passing/creativity/vision for that are nonexistent.

Still, could easily see him becoming a class poacher if he gets more consistent with his finishing.
Drogba is a good example. Cavani - not. Cavani started scoring a lot for Napoli at age 23. Kean is 22 in two months. I don't see the potential you see. We should bring him back to Everton and not waste 30+ million on him.

If he was for free - I wouldn't mind giving him a chance, but to waste 35 million on him when we are desperate for high quality and with huge financial losses... No, he is a waste of resources.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Drogba is a good example. Cavani - not. Cavani started scoring a lot for Napoli at age 23. Kean is 22 in two months. I don't see the potential you see. We should bring him back to Everton and not waste 30+ million on him.

If he was for free - I wouldn't mind giving him a chance, but to waste 35 million on him when we are desperate for high quality and with huge financial losses... No, he is a waste of resources.
Yeah the same thing was said about Rugani next best italian defender i personally feel he is a fourth choice striker in any top club but then he is not worth 40 million euros

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He's on loan here for two years and obligation to buy after that (subject to certain :gsol:sporting conditions:gsol: which I'm sure aren't hard to achieve). So thinking he can be sent back is wishful thinking. He's costing us 4 mil this year, 3 the next and 7 every year for three years after that.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

I remember Cavani at Palermo, he was a decent player for a midtable team, sometimes played as CF, sometimes on the wing depending on the availability and form of others. Definitely wasnt obvious he'd turn into a beast in Napoli.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
He's on loan here for two years and obligation to buy after that (subject to certain :gsol:sporting conditions:gsol: which I'm sure aren't hard to achieve). So thinking he can be sent back is wishful thinking. He's costing us 4 mil this year, 3 the next and 7 every year for three years after that.
Let's hope he'll turn into Drogba then. And lets hope he won't be another Kulusevski/Bernardeschi type of transfer with fees of 40 million that are completely wasted.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

C’mon. Cavani started scoring for Napoli in his 23-24 season. His 21-22 age season he scored 15 in 3064 minutes. His 22-23 age season he scored 15 in 2837 minutes.

Kean is in his 21-22 season. Their birthdays are both in February. He’s 2 years away from Cavani’s first big season.

I broke it down for danielsz when he was telling lies about Cavani to make Kean look bad earlier. Cavani scored 21 goals in his first 5300 first division league minutes which ended at the end of his 21-22 age season.

Kean has 28 goals in 4500 first division league minutes right now, early in his 21-22 age season.

Does this mean I think Kean = Cavani? No. But it means as far as goalscoring goes, Kean is ahead of where Cavani was. And I also showed that even if you take out his Ligue 1 PSG minutes he is still ahead on goals/minute in Serie A and EPL, with 15 in 2800 minutes.

He doesn’t have the work rate or technique that Cavani had (although Cavani’s technique and passing were nothing special when he was young), and I don’t think he has the upside, but he’s certainly no scrub thus far, and the 100 appearance thing is absolute nonsense from danielsz

Last edited:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
C’mon. Cavani started scoring for Napoli in his 23-24 season. His 21-22 age season he scored 15 in 3064 minutes.

Kean is in his 21-22 season. He’s 2 years behind.

I broke it down for danielsz when he was telling lies about Cavani earlier. Cavani scored 21 goals in his first 5300 first division league minutes which ended at the end of his 21-22 age season.

Kean has 28 goals in 4500 first division league minutes right now, early in his 21-22 age season.

Does this mean I think Kean = Cavani? No. But it means as far as goalscoring goes, Kean is ahead of where Cavani was. And I also showed that even if you take out his Ligue 1 PSG minutes he is still ahead on goals/minute in Serie A and EPL, with 15 in 2800 minutes.

He doesn’t have the work rate or technique that Cavani had (although Cavani’s technique and passing were nothing special when he was young), and I don’t think he has the upside, but he’s certainly no scrub thus far, and the 100 appearance thing is absolute nonsense from danielsz
But is he worth 35 million with our selection and in our current financial position?

As I said, I don't mind giving him a chance if he was for free. If we have the option to bring him back and not pay those millions for him - we should do it. I'm sick of fodder players for 30-40 million.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But is he worth 35 million with our selection and in our current financial position?

As I said, I don't mind giving him a chance if he was for free. If we have the option to bring him back and not pay those millions for him - we should do it. I'm sick of fodder players for 30-40 million.
Oh I don’t disagree that the price is silly. But that’s current football. I’d easily have us buy him for ~20 mil as our backup striker/rotation striker with good potential/upside. 30-40 is just too much. Agreed there, though we differ on whether he is fodder or not.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Name a couple forwards that exploded AFTER their 100th first tier appearance.
That’s a very specific question, exploded is subjective but I’d say Kean has had a breakout season last year at PSG where he also scored double digits. He also had a good season here before we sold him. This season he is our second highest scorer with a goal every 170 minutes compared to Morata goal every 260 minutes.

A huge amount of players achieve their best beyond their 21st birthday despite playing competitive football consistently beforehand, a few below for you:
Thierry Henry, Luca Toni, Carlos Tevez, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Immobile, Griezmann, Higuain, Vardy, Zapata…

The list is fairly endless. I accept Kean had a poor year at Everton, but that was a stupid move in the first place by both him and Everton. But credit to Kean the next season he went to psg, a top tier European team and forced his way into a team that had mbappe, neymar, Icardi and numerous other attacking talents.

As your question was fairly vague and you will no doubt find a way to discredit the above players here’s a genuine question back… If Kean is so poor and my answers ‘exploded’ before Kean did then Keans achievements in your eyes are fairly average.

In which case you should have no issues naming me a few other 20 year olds who broke into a top tier European team and scored 19 goals or more in their first season playing less than 2500 minutes of football (equivalent of 28 full games)?

thanks

KEAN

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
C’mon. Cavani started scoring for Napoli in his 23-24 season. His 21-22 age season he scored 15 in 3064 minutes. His 22-23 age season he scored 15 in 2837 minutes.

Kean is in his 21-22 season. Their birthdays are both in February. He’s 2 years away from Cavani’s first big season.

I broke it down for danielsz when he was telling lies about Cavani to make Kean look bad earlier. Cavani scored 21 goals in his first 5300 first division league minutes which ended at the end of his 21-22 age season.

Whenever i see your posts, i tend to disagree with you. But this post is spot on :tup:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think Allegri should give him more starts. Morata looks way better when he comes off the bench anyway.

That way both would benefit - Kean gets his chances to prove himself and get some rust off himself while Morata does the job as an impact sub. In a perfect case scenario Kean makes that set further and Morata still contributes while being here, rotating them makes a lot of sense.

If Kean keeps to be benched at expense of this Morata, we're not gaining anything IMO, Morty is too moody lately. Maybe he expected to be bought from Atleti by now? Fuck knows what his problem is.

Jun 16, 2020

Cavani was playing as LW at Palermo and moved to ST at Napoli, made a big difference for him.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Players develop at different paces, but since this is still a topic

At 21/22yo, some of our recent strikers that came to mind:

Morata scored 9 goals in La Liga + CL
Dybala scored 13 goals in Serie A
Mandzukic scored 12 goals in Croatia
Tevez scored 1 goal in the Brazilian Serie A
Vucinic scored 9 goals in Serie A, but the previous season he scored a massive 19
Giovinco scored 2 goals in Serie A
Quagliarella scored 3 goals in Serie A
Matri was playing in Serie C

Kean has 3 goals so far
with 16 goals scored in Ligue 1 + CL last season

Basically Vucinic and Dybala have been the highest scoring youngsters, but all in all Kean isn't developing any later than most of our strikers in recent years. He can definitely develop or explode after 21 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot Higuain, he was a top player since like 20yo. A different level of scoring talent than all the others.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Players develop at different paces, but since this is still a topic

At 21/22yo, some of our recent strikers that came to mind:

Morata scored 9 goals in La Liga + CL
Dybala scored 13 goals in Serie A
Mandzukic scored 12 goals in Croatia
Tevez scored 1 goal in the Brazilian Serie A
Vucinic scored 9 goals in Serie A, but the previous season he scored a massive 19
Giovinco scored 2 goals in Serie A
Quagliarella scored 3 goals in Serie A
Matri was playing in Serie C

Kean has 3 goals so far
with 16 goals scored in Ligue 1 + CL last season

Basically Vucinic and Dybala have been the highest scoring youngsters, but all in all Kean isn't developing any later than most of our strikers in recent years. He can definitely develop or explode after 21 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot Higuain, he was a top player since like 20yo. A different level of scoring talent than all the others.
Luca Toni sucked until he was like 35.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)