Moggi's cheque book is closed now (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
:LOL:

Moggi simply can't be believed :)

He categorically stated that the new manager would be DD or Prandelli! And then look what happened...

Also, the Chiellini signing was very sneaky and kept quiet!

We should just laugh this off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I hope that he is lying , because if he is telling the truth that we wont get another striker we are in deep shit since we dont have a backup for dp and trez who are always injured

and who said that Moggi Will Announce Something Big:(

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
I just can`t understand why we didn`t get Mexes or Ferrari. Our defence was really bad last season and we didnt`really improve our defence until now. If Roma has the money to buy these players why don`t we have the money??? They really wouldn`t have been too expensive.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I just hope Moggi is lying now, about the Juve transfer window being closed, and not lying before -- when he spoke of big surprises. (Unless the surprise was that there wasn't going to be anybody after Emerson!?!)

Agreed -- at minimum, we currently have a glaring backup hole in attack with Di Vaio gone and some injury-prone starters.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
seems strange to sell di vaio and not replace him. maresca left and emerson is not his replacement, but more davids' replacement. only zebina came into defence.

i think moggi is lying to be honest.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If Moggi isn't lying the season ends here. But I can't imagine Capello would allow this to happen. So Moggi must be lying.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
but capello said that emerson will complete his team. whether he means his starting line up or teh squad itself i dont know.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
With this team there is no way Juventus can win the scudetto. And Capello, being one of the best coaches on the globe, has to realise this. Given that Juventus' objective can't be anything less than the scudetto, Capello will ask for reinforcements.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
this morning i read a post concerning this issue and one poster brought up the idea of Capello believing that Lippi had the squad, but didnt utilise it proparly. something along those lines anyway.

what if capello believes that he has got a strong enough squad? it is possible...and maybe the players themselves who we consider average, ie. zebina, legro and a few others, are really good enough and Lippi just didnt do a good enough job last season.

me personally, i dont think its as such, but the question has to be asked nonetheless.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
That would mean Lippi's a lesser coach than Capello, which is hard to imagine for me ...

no, not neccessarily. many of these players had played under lippi for a long time and after winning so much, they have been harder to motivate. last season, i think this was the case. maybe capello can bring something different to the team and a change is always a good way to motivate players.

sometimes great coaches can bring much more to the team, i think lippi was that at juve last season.

Sep 14, 2003
I wonder if Capello is banking on the likes of Legro and Montero not stinking like they did last season, which would explain why buying a central defender hasn't been made a priority. He's either being very stuborn or is working with some sort of finacial contraint.

Jul 28, 2002
count how many central defenders we have.....monty, lego, luliano, tudor, thuram, zebina.....that looks like plenty to me.....problem is they are not the best, but the fact we already have soo many is likely to limit cap and moggi to how many they can buy....before they have to sell, so before we get more, we will need to sell some of the donkeys.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
In:
Emerson
Kapo
Zebina

Out:
Maresca
Davids
Brighi
DiVaio
Iuliano (Possibly)

Well if Juve want to win anything at all, i reckon they're going to have to rebolster their squad atleast in regards to the number of departures, if not bring in more than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)