Moggi you're amazing - Mexes to Juve in the next few days! (1 Viewer)

OP

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
  • Thread Starter #103
    its only a matter of time before mexes joins roma. as "holdon" said he was watching roma train today. plus how can you praise moggi for the french fa blocking mexes' move!?

RIDICULOUS. IT REALLY IS AND YOU CANNOT BE THIS STUPID. MOGGI HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

:irritate:

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    last year on the last day of the transfer-period Ajax wrote @ their official site that they will call Chivu back since Roma have failed presenting all the necessary papers from their bank!

By end of the day he became a Roma player!

This year, they have "signed" Mexes, His contract is as I have heard really odd as it says for the amount of money Roma are willing to give, the player has the right to be sold if he so desire, however there are some other points in the contract that contradicts the statement.

As I had heard Roma had brought FIFA in to this and they gave
    the case to the French FA to decide who is right in this matter.

As French FA has ruled in favour of Auxerre, Roma will now address the issue once again to FIFA. "Roma will approach FIFA as we have always done."

can't they make a deal where not the entire world football organizations needs to have a say about who is right and not! ;)

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
    last year on the last day of the transfer-period Ajax wrote @ their official site that they will call Chivu back since Roma have failed presenting all the necessary papers from their bank!

By end of the day he became a Roma player!
    That whole deal smelt from day one. Roma where in terrible financial shape and all of a sudden they sign the world's best young defender and then money materializes from nowhere to keep Ajax off of their backs. It doesn't take genious to figure out that something fishy went on.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    it's like we've been given this last chance to snitch him but moggi is too prudent and cautious with his money to care:(
    Nope, its because the last chance is over. Mexes is already training with Roma, so we can only hope for a miracle!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I just wondered, because Mexes is training with Roma, without that Roma and Auxere have agreed about a fee. Why can't train Emerson than with Juve now?????

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    I just wondered, because Mexes is training with Roma, without that Roma and Auxere have agreed about a fee. Why can't train Emerson than with Juve now?????
    But is Mexes actually physically training with the team? or is he just present at their training complex, meeting and getting to know his new teammates (nothing will stop this deal IMO) and just watching.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Roux: Fifa could end transfers
    Wednesday, 14 July 2004

by Patrick Haond

Auxerre coach Guy Roux fears it will be the end of the transfer system if Fifa accede to Roma's wishes and sanction their hugely controversial move for Philippe Mexes.

The France international defender snubbed overtures from Manchester United in order to try and secure a dream move to the Italian capital.

However, Roma have been unable to agree a fee with Auxerre and Roux does not believe the move can happen.

"It is like if you want to sell a Mercedes 600 to an overly in debt couple," he told L'Equipe.

"If we were in talks with a club that has some means (it would be different), but we can't expect anything, even though we are in open discussions.

"Even to a Philippe Mexes comeback, of course.

"I kept his locker in the changing room and I didn't hire anyone else to replace him.

"This is because I don't think Fifa will accept this coup as it would mean the end of transfers."

----------

from planetfootball.com

............is there hope?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    Roux: Fifa could end transfers
    Wednesday, 14 July 2004

by Patrick Haond

Auxerre coach Guy Roux fears it will be the end of the transfer system if Fifa accede to Roma's wishes and sanction their hugely controversial move for Philippe Mexes.

The France international defender snubbed overtures from Manchester United in order to try and secure a dream move to the Italian capital.

However, Roma have been unable to agree a fee with Auxerre and Roux does not believe the move can happen.

"It is like if you want to sell a Mercedes 600 to an overly in debt couple," he told L'Equipe.

"If we were in talks with a club that has some means (it would be different), but we can't expect anything, even though we are in open discussions.

"Even to a Philippe Mexes comeback, of course.

"I kept his locker in the changing room and I didn't hire anyone else to replace him.

"This is because I don't think Fifa will accept this coup as it would mean the end of transfers."

----------

from planetfootball.com

............is there hope?
    No. There is no hope. Roma will find the finances somewhere, to shut up Auxere, and then this whole controversy will be forgotten.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Don't want problems with Roma? Moggi loves to rival Sensi and I'm sure he'd love to steal Mexes from his grasps.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Roma will use the Emerson money to finish this ... :(

Chivu, Ferrari, Mexes, Dellas - :groan: thats wayy better than our defense at this point... unless we sign at least 2 more quality defenders.

And whats worse ? Roma's defenders are all young.... unlike our backline :sad:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    IMO, this backline is good, but as I said once before in this forum, if we play with a 3 men defense, I think we would have a better one than Roma.
    ---------Legrottaglie---Thuram---Cannavaro-----------
    Zambrotta-----------------------------------Jankulovski

Looks better IMO, as these players are on the same level like the one from Roma, but they also have something, nearly all Roma defenders lack: Experience, and this is IMO very important, if you are a defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)