Moggi Will Announce Something Big (4 Viewers)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
I want it to be: Ronaldinho, Figo or Totti
It's likely to be CHRISTIAN CHIVU?? arrrgghhhhh

CHIVU NEXT FOR JUVENTUS
Cristian Chivu could become the latest piece of the Roma jigsaw to leave for arch-rivals Juventus.

Bianconeri general director Luciano Moggi stated over the weekend that a "surprise" signing could be on the way and the Romanian is being linked.

Moggi is in constant contact with the Giallorossi in an attempt to finally agree a fee for Emerson.

Now newspaper reports suggest that the Old Lady of Italian football are also keen on netting Chivu.

The defender, signed last summer from Ajax, had a magnificent debut season under boss Fabio Capello.

Now the latter, who has replaced Marcello Lippi on the Juve bench, would like the stopper at his disposal again.

It would certainly be a massive blow for the Giallorossi to lose Chivu but they do have cover in defence.

They are on the verge of signing both Matteo Ferrari and Philippe Mexes – who are central stoppers.

If they did sell the player then they would also free themselves of his salary which may be as high as £2.5m a season.

If Chivu does move to Turin then he will team up with numerous former Roma colleagues in the shape of Capello, Jonathan Zebina and probably Emerson.

WHAT THE &%$# IS MOGGI THINKING HE GETS US ALL PUMPED UP FOR CHIVU?
I hope not, i hope channel 4 is just LYING!
I want ronaldinho or figo or totti

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
WHAT THE &%$# IS MOGGI THINKING HE GETS US ALL PUMPED UP FOR CHIVU?
I hope not, i hope channel 4 is just LYING
Would you really not rather have a defender than an attacker at this stage?
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
I want ronaldinho or figo or totti
Impossible, no thanks and impossible

gray

Apr 22, 2003
oh okay, I thought you were saying that you expected us to go for those players intead of Chivu.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #148
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    First I would like to see the source that Capello/Moggi did say they are planning something "big".

Gray... do you have one? :)
    Are you questioning my credibility?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    First I would like to see the source that Capello/Moggi did say they are planning something "big".

Gray... do you have one? :)
    Search me, I got nothing :)
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Are you questioning my credibility?
    How can we not, with an avatar like that :D

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #151
    It's on the gazzetta.it site(audio interview with Moggi) and you can read about it on another thtread(Chivu to Juve?).

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    if the big surprise is Chivu I will be very disapointed, I know he is a great defender, but this thing of getting all Roma's players is becoming very ridiculous... I mean whos next Totti??? if Cappelo wants all this players why didn't he stayed in Roma?? and this "war" between Mogi and Sensi is becoming dangerous.. I mean think about it.... the only reason we bougth Legro was to steal him from Roma... now we are bringing 3 Roma players, their coach and one of their prospects (Chellini)...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    So Roma will have Mexes and Ferrari and not spend too much and we take Zebina and Chivu- for a probable large transfer fee...
    And Juve's still financially sound, with the defense has improved significantly, while Roma have made a small dent in their enormous debt while their team stands static. :greedy:

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

And Juve's still financially sound, with the defense has improved significantly, while Roma have made a small dent in their enormous debt while their team stands static. :greedy:
    Sensi has sold alot of property, the debt is almost wiped out.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I think Sensi owns 20% of Italian media, and the second biggest media tycoon after Silvio Berlusconi.
    And I have read some reports that he sold some of his shares to off-set club debt. However, there werent any figures to suggest exactly how much money were raised and based on my pure guess work I speculate Sensi provided amount that is just enough to off-set immediate debts so I do not think it was a significant amount. Hence I doubt that Roma is fully out of their debts but probably have enough breeding space to sign both Mexes and Ferrari right now, even though whether they can maintain both players next year is debatable. And I suspect that they are trying to raise further amount by selling Emerson in order to sign Gilardino. Roma need a towering CF more than a commanding CB.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I read that Roma's debt was in the ballpark of €300m a few months ago. And Sensi is said to have paid off as much as half of that now.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #160
    BIG NEWS!!!

MOGGI'S THE BEST!!!

Olivera is back from his loan to Atl-Madrid.

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)