Moggi: I'm leaving football (1 Viewer)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I personaly liked moggi and still like him!!! even if its proved that he is guilty i will still like him cause he had put a lot of work in Juve!!!

Untill it is proven otherwise moggi is innocent!!!!

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Marty said:
No I just gave him a warning, he already had warnings before so it resulted in a ban.

I don't ban people. :p
Thank you so much Marty,for temporarily banning me.
It a very nice strategic of yours.When you do not agree what some people say,just wipe them,right.I do not care about your ban or your site.That how democratic you are.
And ,Marty learn something about law.Phone taping does not prove that Moggi is guilty.That will explain you very clearly every law student to you.

Vigr77

Apr 12, 2006
That's true that Moggi has done everythink for Juve. At the and of scandal he's going to leave football? why? If that's true..I mean scandal you are late MOGGI...I will miss your right sides for Juve...

Matteo..

Apr 30, 2006
Dukoski said:
Thank you so much Marty,for temporarily banning me.
It a very nice strategic of yours.When you do not agree what some people say,just wipe them,right.I do not care about your ban or your site.That how democratic you are.
And ,Marty learn something about law.Phone taping does not prove that Moggi is guilty.That will explain you very clearly every law student to you.
Have to say he doés have a point there :D.

Mar 30, 2006
TheOldLady said:
Is it ok in this forum for members to insult each other?
because i can do that.

Moggi is an Idiot for putting the club in this situation. That's my opinion.

Same here. I never really hated him but at least take the blame for sumthin thats practically obviously ur fault. The guy's like: Yeah i think it's a discrase to accuse me like this. While they hav heard the goddamn phone calls!!
That's what made me pissed off. And 4 puttin Juve in this crap situation nd just runnin away nd quittin instead of standing up 2 it like a man!

tsssssssssss

Mar 30, 2006
marcusa said:
At first I thought Moggi and the rest were guilty and should be locked up, but now I'm going to wait until all of the facts have come out. You cannot always believe what you read in the media.

true true... same here now i've seen the different sides of the story....

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
This is so sad what that man has done to bring down Juve and people are still here praising him. That's like praising your government for stealing money from right under your nose but because they fixed a few pot holes and built a few schools along the way.

If he is guilty he does not have my condolences at all because he did greater harm for Juve than good. And now my absolute favourite team may go down in shambles because of it. Nice job moron.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
CauldronWench said:
This is so sad what that man has done to bring down Juve and people are still here praising him. That's like praising your government for stealing money from right under your nose but because they fixed a few pot holes and built a few schools along the way.

If he is guilty he does not have my condolences at all because he did greater harm for Juve than good. And now my absolute favourite team may go down in shambles because of it. Nice job moron.
you are completely right.but I somehow can understand ppl who're still praising him.we've had some memorable years with Moggi.we've always loved his style to reply anti-Juves.we've all liked him as a liar who we believed in !
but now,I actually feel ashamed.though if you think honestly,you would admit that we all KNEW there's something fishy in our realtionship with the refs.
if Moggi is guilty--I still say IF.there's still NO real proof to prove he's cheated.though it seems so(based on all what we see and hear)--I will accept any punishment...I will feel sorry for Moggi...and I will cheer for Juve forever.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
King Ale I love your avatar! Anyway I was asking in one of the threads if the players themselves were involved in anyway in this? And if not why do they have to be punished for his wrong doings? Shouldn't HE be the one who is prosecuted? It's not their fault that he is a liar and a cheat.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
What I hate the most, people jumping around attacking Moggi when they dont' have any clue if he is guilty or not.. I can understand people attacking him if he was proven guilty. Till then, I say shut the crap up.. The guy has done so much for Juve. He was always deffend Juve everytime anyone tries to say anything. Deffending Juve means deffending u and I.. Fans.. So now when he is under the attack we give him the finger???? I say stand up next to him as he stood up next to us as juventini in the past...
Moggi I am with you all the way...

And just for the record, from my understanding the trial is going in his favour.
The thing that proves this, is that the media have ran out of stupid evidence they are publishing personal irrelevent phone calls between Luciano and his son Alex.

Oct 28, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
What I hate the most, people jumping around attacking Moggi when they dont' have any clue if he is guilty or not.. I can understand people attacking him if he was proven guilty. Till then, I say shut the crap up.. The guy has done so much for Juve. He was always deffend Juve everytime anyone tries to say anything. Deffending Juve means deffending u and I.. Fans.. So now when he is under the attack we give him the finger???? I say stand up next to him as he stood up next to us as juventini in the past...
Moggi I am with you all the way...

And just for the record, from my understanding the trial is going in his favour.
The thing that proves this, is that the media have ran out of stupid evidence they are publishing personal irrelevent phone calls between Luciano and his son Alex.

http://www.sundayherald.com/55742

Gabriele Marcotti reports as the discovery of ‘Lucky Luciano’s’ underground empire threatens to consume the Italian game

Giulio Andreotti, who was prime minister of Italy on seven different occasions, summed it up best when he said: “Thinking the worst of others is a sin ... but often it’s also the right thing to do.”
Many Italians had always thought ill of the “bianconeri”, particularly since the arrival – 10 years ago – of general manager “Lucky” Luciano Moggi and chief executive Antonio Giraudo. They believed Juve were favoured by referees, that they used their size to influence smaller clubs and got an unreasonably large slice of the television pie. Yet, most saw it as not much different to the kind of treatment big clubs everywhere enjoy . And using one’s clout to consolidate power within a league was, again, simply skillful diplomacy.

Over the last few weeks, however, it has been claimed that Juve’s dominance was far more sinister. Indeed, it has been alleged that Moggi and Giraudo set up a system of influence and corruption whose tentacles reached everywhere, a structure based on threats, intimidation and patronage whose main purpose was to favour Juventus and their allies.

And now that Moggi’s “octopus” (as it has come to be known) has been exposed, the consequences have rocked the Italian game to its foundation. The top two officials in the Football Association have been forced to resign, as has the Italian FA’s chief investigator. Six referees have been suspended, including Massimo De Santis, who was set to represent Italy at the World Cup. A total of 58 people – club officials, referees, FA officials, policemen and journalists – are being formally investigated. The two titles Juventus won in 2004-05 and 2005-06 could be stripped and they could find themselves relegated to Serie C1, the third division, while other unnamed clubs under investigation could all end up in Serie B. And, if reports in the Italian press are to be believed, it was orchestrated by Moggi, a former railway employee who became the most powerful man in Serie A.

The whole affair came to light almost accidentally, when magistrates in Rome began wire-tapping members of an illegal gambling ring in the summer of 2004. While the inquiry revealed these unlicensed bookmakers were congenital fantasists who claimed to have contacts and inside information they in fact did not possess, it also led them to bug Moggi’s phone for eight months, during which time he made or received around 100,000 calls (an average of 416 per day).

The transcripts of these conversations unveiled the sheer size of Moggi’s operation. There were no bribes or brown envelopes, the evil genius of the system lay in the fact that it was all about influence-peddling. Moggi is alleged to have essentially controlled Franco Carraro, the head of the Italian FA, and the two men charged with assigning referees, Pierluigi Pairetto and Paolo Bergamo. The phone taps show Moggi would freely discuss the referee assignments with them, effectively deciding which referee would get which game.

At the same time, it was made clear that a referee’s career would suffer if they made mistakes which damaged Juventus. They would be suspended or sent to officiate in Serie B. In one case, Moggi went even further, underscoring the degree of impunity he had acquired. Following a controversial 2-1 loss to Reggina, he burst into referee Gianluca Paparesta’s dressing room, berated him, then locked him inside before disappearing with the key. On the other hand, those that did Moggi’s bidding would be rewarded with prestigious matches and even spots in Uefa’s list of officials. And those officials who were deemed “untouchable” – like Pierluigi Collina and Roberto Rosetti – were generally kept away from Juve.

As a result, they generally received a helping hand from officials, both directly and indirectly. Teams who were due to face Juventus the following week were regularly hit with a hail of red and yellow cards, ensuring players who were one booking away from a suspension would miss out against the bianconeri. Indeed, during 2004-05, 25 players were suspended the week they faced Juve.

Moggi’s system was so refined that it was used to damage his enemies too. When Fiorentina returned to Serie A in the 2004-05 season, the Florence club had big plans for change. However, allegations claim Moggi saw the club as a threat and Fiorentina were systematically victimised by referees to the point that, as late as April 2005, they faced the threat of relegation.

The allegations also claim that wire-taps suggest there was a deal with Fiorentina officials, whereby the club would drop its campaign for reform in exchange for “better treatment” from referees. It’s unclear whether Fiorentina accepted, though the record books show that they won eight of a possible 12 points in their last four matches to avoid the drop, at a time when the Viola stopped talking about reform.

But that was just half of Moggi’s empire. He also controlled a huge chunk of the transfer market. In 2001, his son, Alessandro created a football agency called GEA World. Cleverly, his partners were the scions of some of the most powerful men in the Italian game: Chiara Geronzi (daughter of Cesare, the head of Capitalia, a bank which provides credit to a number of clubs), Francesca Tanzi (daughter of Calisto, the Parmalat supremo and former Parma owner), Davide Lippi (son of Marcello, current Italy coach), Gianmarco Calleri (son of Riccardo, former Torino owner), Andrea Cragnotti (son of Sergio, former Lazio owner) and Giuseppe De Mita (a former Lazio executive and son of Ciriaco, a former Italian prime minster).

GEA grew quickly to the point that it controlled some 200 players and 29 managers, soon becoming the transfer market’s true powerbroker. Clubs loyal to Moggi (including Siena, Reggina and Messina) enjoyed preferential treatment. Players were steered towards them and persuaded to sign on favourable terms, they took Juve players on loan whenever they liked and, when necessary, Moggi had a quiet word with the referees’ selectors. In exchange, they threw their support behind him at every opportunity.

Thus, when Juve – who had not won for eight games – faced Siena on the penultimate day of the 2005-06 season, they took on a side where seven of the 14 men who took the pitch were GEA clients, as were the manager and general manager. Unsurprisingly, the bianconeri were 3-0 up inside seven minutes.

The involvement of other Serie A clubs remains to be confirmed but if more clubs from the top tier are found to be involved they, like Juventus and other clubs in Moggi’s orbit, could find themselves relegated.

It is very much Year Zero in Italy, as they try to recover from the scandal, and come to realise that Andreotti was right: until they give you reason to believe otherwise, assume everyone is cheating.

---------------------------------------------------

You still wana stand next to him? :disagree:

If juve goes to serie B or C1 then its 100% Moggi's fault :smoke:

Oct 28, 2005
Here is another article about Juve status:

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article549412.ece

Football giant facing financial disaster
By David Brierley
Published: 21 May 2006
The match-fixing allegations shaking Italian football giant Juventus could lead to a wave of claims for compensation and financial meltdown for the club.

Luciano Moggi, Juventus's general manager, and Antonio Giraudo, the former chief executive, are under investigation for possible match-fixing and accounting fraud. Leaked transcriptions of Mr Moggi's phone conversations with Mr Giraudo and others have shocked Italians.

The potential financial consequences of the scandal are significant. Juventus admits that demotion from Serie A to Serie B would lead to the loss of its two lucrative television deals, with Mediaset and BSkyB, worth a combined €124m (£84m) last year. That represents half the club's total revenues of €229m.

But according to Mattia Grassani, one of Italy's leading sports lawyers, Juventus faces expulsion from Serie A to Serie C. Speaking to Italian newspaper Il Giornale, he said: "In the event of repeated unlawful actions ... there are various financial penalties and demotion to Serie C. Juventus really does face this."

The lawyer also argued that investors, media companies, the players and fans could all have claims for compensation against Juventus, if its directors are found to have failed in their duty.

The media companies and the players would be able to declare their contracts null and void, meaning Juventus would lose its major assets and source of income without compensation.

The loss of its star players would be highly damaging to any chance of recovery on the field. It is understood that David Trezeguet, Patrick Vieira and Gigi Buffon have already indicated their unwillingness to play in Serie B.

Juventus is the world's fourth-richest club and one of Italy's most popular teams. Outraged fans are reported to be considering "striking" by not renewing their season tickets.

Juventus's shares have lost nearly half their value in the past fortnight.

The match-fixing allegations shaking Italian football giant Juventus could lead to a wave of claims for compensation and financial meltdown for the club.

Luciano Moggi, Juventus's general manager, and Antonio Giraudo, the former chief executive, are under investigation for possible match-fixing and accounting fraud. Leaked transcriptions of Mr Moggi's phone conversations with Mr Giraudo and others have shocked Italians.

The potential financial consequences of the scandal are significant. Juventus admits that demotion from Serie A to Serie B would lead to the loss of its two lucrative television deals, with Mediaset and BSkyB, worth a combined €124m (£84m) last year. That represents half the club's total revenues of €229m.

But according to Mattia Grassani, one of Italy's leading sports lawyers, Juventus faces expulsion from Serie A to Serie C. Speaking to Italian newspaper Il Giornale, he said: "In the event of repeated unlawful actions ... there are various financial penalties and demotion to Serie C. Juventus really does face this."
The lawyer also argued that investors, media companies, the players and fans could all have claims for compensation against Juventus, if its directors are found to have failed in their duty.

The media companies and the players would be able to declare their contracts null and void, meaning Juventus would lose its major assets and source of income without compensation.

The loss of its star players would be highly damaging to any chance of recovery on the field. It is understood that David Trezeguet, Patrick Vieira and Gigi Buffon have already indicated their unwillingness to play in Serie B.

Juventus is the world's fourth-richest club and one of Italy's most popular teams. Outraged fans are reported to be considering "striking" by not renewing their season tickets.

Juventus's shares have lost nearly half their value in the past fortnight.

--------------------------

:toast:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Giallorossi said:
Moggi = did match fixing and kidnapped a refree... im not surprised that juve fans like him LOL... you just love to win with force
You are wrong.. Moggi is ACCUSED of match fixing.. And if you haven't heard they have been investigating him for a while and could not find a proper evidence against him. Those are all suspenssion elements to accuse him but not to prove him guilty.

You know why Juve are better than Roma or any other italian team? Is because when we lose a match we don't go to the press or gather in the club saying how much the ref was favouring the other team (even if the ref was in fact). We go back to our club, and discuss how did we lose the match and how did the opponent be better than us. When Juve came third in the 03-04 scudetto race we were upset, same season Inter came in fourth they were celebrating.
We always say, if we lose it means we did not play good enough. Unlike Roma and other teams, if they lose whether to juve or to Ascoli the ref favoured the opponent.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
ZAF3000 said:
You are wrong.. Moggi is ACCUSED of match fixing.. And if you haven't heard they have been investigating him for a while and could not find a proper evidence against him. Those are all suspenssion elements to accuse him but not to prove him guilty.

You know why Juve are better than Roma or any other italian team? Is because when we lose a match we don't go to the press or gather in the club saying how much the ref was favouring the other team (even if the ref was in fact). We go back to our club, and discuss how did we lose the match and how did the opponent be better than us. When Juve came third in the 03-04 scudetto race we were upset, same season Inter came in fourth they were celebrating.
We always say, if we lose it means we did not play good enough. Unlike Roma and other teams, if they lose whether to juve or to Ascoli the ref favoured the opponent.
Exactly,mate.You know what.That is very known in medicine.It is complex of lower value,and now ,that kind of fans who like Roma or others,wait a single chance,does not matter if it is right or not ,to assume,not because their teams are better in game from Juve,but because they do not know how to beat Juve on field,for every chance to say,"Oh Juve is not best team in Seria a, forgetting that ,among rest,we easily beat Roma in middle of Rome,with 4:1,but,Juve is first because of judges.
Pity for him.Let him live in his own way of assuming the facts.It ,must be more easy for that kind of persons why they loose from Juve if they think that ,"even god is with Juve".No help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)