Moggi Attacks Juve Management (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Moggi is right 100%, he just stated facts, i dont see a reason for controversy but i m not so sure about his "5th prediction" he should know better...

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Amateurs by comparison? Dude, if we compare them then they'd come across as imbeciles. They're amateurs by the general market standard - Iaquinta for what? 11 mil? Mutu for half of Bojinov and 5 mil? Ranieri as head coach? Let's not live in denial. Yes, the calciopoli may have reduced our strengths a great deal, but these guys haven't applied themselves optimally enough for my money or the club's for that matter. And remember the squeaky clean image will be a veil that would acquired by the media anyway, given we've served our sentence. And not just for us but for everyone because its not individuals that create corruption. It's the system - which like a mindset is unlikely to change. How Moggi came across is irrelevant because at this point, it's nothing but a matter of conjecture. You cant draw conclusions from that. He was Bianconero till the Calciopoli hit and that's how he goes down in history as far as I'm concerned.
I deliberately understated my comments because any reference to Moggi on this forum isn't just a point of controversy, it's "light the touchpaper & stand clear" time! The one item of real difference between yours & my points of view is that I saw the interview in question, & at no time did the man say he was leaving Juve until what was then his present contract was over! In fact he then hinted at both contract renewal or retirement with the same mysterious smile he used to state his good rapport with Moratti, & joining Inter. Moggi is heavily connected to the entertainment business & knows how to milk controversy for the camera...so yes, conjecture it is as I indeed said, "we'll never really know etc..."
The description "amateurs," you yourself used in post 12 in this thread. I'd have said "bunglers" but again, I preferred to understate.
The "squeaky clean" image part is more for the eyes of authority, UEFA & FIFA than for the media.
There's no point in even discussing corruption, as for thousands of years, it's been an everyday part of Italian life & it's not going to change now. To finish, I also never doubted that Moggi's heart was that of a Juventino!
Now with no disrespect to you I can't be bothered to type any more so I hope I covered all the points you questioned.

Aug 1, 2003
I confess myself not a big fan of this board, but perhaps it's easier to criticize, things are different and no way easier now.

As for the drama surrounding the Juve team of late, I can only say this -- I hope to god Juve proves everybody who says they're doomed with their football on the pitch. (and no Im not referring to moggi here I do agree that I dont think he's "attacking juve management")

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Moggi the Idiot forgot how he spent/wasted all the cash of Zidane's transfer and plus from the budget on Buffon Thuram and nedved at the time where he could get them by much cheaper.

and please Moggi, shut the fuck up and don't comment on Juve again, you are not a Juve director just a wrong past, and I hope no Idiot will allow you to come back..
Let me ask you one question, who was instrumental in bringing zidane to Juve?

Secondly, The three players that were bought made a significant difference lets not forget we made a CL final appearance and also won a few leagues thereafter. Apart from thuram we still have Nedved and Buffon who remain more loyal than the money you moan about. They are true champions and money spent on them was every penny worth it. Could he have got them cheaper? maybe, but either way he made a quick move, as buffon was hot property, infact there was strong rumours of other clubs getting him before us, so it was bold move. In the short term I wasnt happy with the transfer fee myself but in the long run I believe its all justified, his performances have been terrific and no doubt we bought ourself the worlds best keeper. Buffon was the biggest prospect in the market and sometimes a big club has to dig deep in the pockets, even though the pockets were consumed with the fee recieved from real and not from the board.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

Secondly, The three players that were bought made a significant difference lets not forget we made a CL final appearance and also won a few leagues thereafter. Apart from thuram we still have Nedved and Buffon who remain more loyal than the money you moan about. They are true champions and money spent on them was every penny worth it. Could he have got them cheaper? maybe, but either way he made a quick move, as buffon was hot property, infact there was strong rumours of other clubs getting him before us, so it was bold move. In the short term I wasnt happy with the transfer fee myself but in the long run I believe its all justified, his performances have been terrific and no doubt we bought ourself the worlds best keeper. Buffon was the biggest prospect in the market and sometimes a big club has to dig deep in the pockets, even though the pockets were consumed with the fee recieved from real and not from the board.
I only read three lines cause I know you are arguing with me on different subject. Those 3 players are great players I never said the opposite, we paid them more than they deserve, in other words, If moggi was that skillful he could bring them for much cheaper..

And yes it was Moggi who brought Zidane, so what? does that make him clean or does he deserve to come back for that? :faq1:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I only read three lines cause I know you are arguing with me on different subject. Those 3 players are great players I never said the opposite, we paid them more than they deserve, in other words, If moggi was that skillful he could bring them for much cheaper..

And yes it was Moggi who brought Zidane, so what? does that make him clean or does he deserve to come back for that? :faq1:
Well im sorry but you brought the subject, so three lines or four lines thats entirely up to you. As I said in the long run, we didnt lose out much in paying out what we paid, its not always about cost saving but rather about quality too and really thats what he bought. As for the zidane issue, if he played an integral part in bringing him then really spending money on other players shouldnt be questioned, afterall as I mentioned before the cash was more or less from zidane sale and not from the board. In other words, if you like he earned it. Also I aint talking about the clean image just right yet, but rather about how skillful he is. Yes there were suggestions regarding the capture of zidane, but that wasnt proven, so it seems you love to believe what you read more than I do.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Well im sorry but you brought the subject, so three lines or four lines thats entirely up to you. As I said in the long run, we didnt lose out much in paying out what we paid, its not always about cost saving but rather about quality too and really thats what he bought. As for the zidane issue, if he played an integral part in bringing him then really spending money on other players shouldnt be questioned, afterall as I mentioned before the cash was more or less from zidane sale and not from the board. In other words, if you like he earned it. Also I aint talking about the clean image just right yet, but rather about how skillful he is. Yes there were suggestions regarding the capture of zidane, but that wasnt proven, so it seems you love to believe what you read more than I do.
I don't doubt these players' qualities. But about the amount we paid for their transfers, these three were much more than 100 MiL.. do they deserve? yes, but could we get them for much cheaper, ofcourse we could, Parma was in deep shit at that time.. Look for Cannavaro's deal for example, we got him for peanuts. Does Cannavaro deserve more, hell yeah, he desrves the amount we paid for Nedved plus Thuram, but he used his brain and took it for cheap..

To tell you, I suspect Moggi had his cut from that money we paid to Parma, or any other transfer.. These is what I expect from dirty mafioso mother fuckers like Moggi, I just can't trust these guys, and I would kill him myself if he returns to the club..

and that last line whatever you tried to say I didn't get anything, but to tell you I don't read what Media types. Only official sites, and sometimes other sites like Eurosport, to kill time, and not to get informed by their crappy rumors..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don't doubt these players' qualities. But about the amount we paid for their transfers, these three were much more than 100 MiL.. do they deserve? yes, but could we get them for much cheaper, ofcourse we could, Parma was in deep shit at that time.. Look for Cannavaro's deal for example, we got him for peanuts. Does Cannavaro deserve more, hell yeah, he desrves the amount we paid for Nedved plus Thuram, but he used his brain and took it for cheap..

To tell you, I suspect Moggi had his cut from that money we paid to Parma, or any other transfer.. These is what I expect from dirty mafioso mother fuckers like Moggi, I just can't trust these guys, and I would kill him myself if he returns to the club..

and that last line whatever you tried to say I didn't get anything, but to tell you I don't read what Media types. Only official sites, and sometimes other sites like Eurosport, to kill time, and not to get informed by their crappy rumors..
Yes parma were in shit, and I agree that it could have been possible for us to get him cheaper, but by how much, parma have always been known (well in the past) for asking a high price for their players, veron, crespo, canna, etc.. they sold all their players proberly overpriced. Now lets look at our situation, we had van der sar who at that time had some real eye problems, there wasnt many young options out there, we are a big club and to stay that way sometimes u need to dig deep and but the best their is, buffon was just that. Looking at Moggi's transfer history its easy to say he has always paid a fairly small sum, for the players he brought (in general). Therefore to assume that all of a sudden he decided to spend massive money and get his cut, is yes nothing but the word itself, assumption. I mean we all know Moggi wasnt clean as clean, I aint here to defend the guy but all im saying is that where he was proven guilty, as far as we know thats all he is 'guilty' for, the rest of the accusations the guy should remain 'in a way' innocent until proven guilty. His got a bad stigma but that doesnt mean we go out there and blame everything on him and come out with our own theories.

The canavaro deal, well you mentioned it yourself, he used his brain, well whys that, why did he use it more recently than a season or two before?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Pado, he may have an ego, but he had the talent to match it. Everybody is up to no good, because the system is that way. It's just that Moggi worked a lot better within that system than anybody else could. Do you actually think one year in Serie B and the two titles stripped away have cleared us and all Italian or world football for that matter of all wrongdoing?
Absolutely agree with all your posts here Baggio, well thought out.

Moggi the Idiot forgot how he spent/wasted all the cash of Zidane's transfer and plus from the budget on Buffon Thuram and nedved at the time where he could get them by much cheaper.

and please Moggi, shut the fuck up and don't comment on Juve again, you are not a Juve director just a wrong past, and I hope no Idiot will allow you to come back..

How is that off subject?
Phrozen answered ur doubts about not spending good with Zizou's transfer money.

I completely agree with Phrozen.... U can't expect to pay exactly a players value (frankly it can't really be valued exactly). We offered alot while other clubs were still thinking about the move and that made the move possible.

This is exactly why we lost out on Milito. We didn't want to pay the extra millions which IMO is still a justifiable sum.

Had we offered the extra millions swiftly, Milito would have signed for us before Barca had concrete interest in him. Moggi would have done that, wrapped the deal!

@snoop, I really think u have no idea of what a mafia is, u don't know what corruption is or even business.
Its impossible for 1 person to corrupt, and even more, its impossible for 1 person to create and hold down a system (refereeing system).

Moggi was cleverer than the others at the game that everybody else played too.

I accept that people say Moggi was wrong in making phone calls and intimidating referees, but a mafia and a cheat(somewhat hypocritical)? well, everybody was doing the things he did (which makes what he did somewhat justifiably in terms of justice) and more....everybody else just wanted him to leave the table as he was winning too much.

Juve along with Moggi paid the price for winning IMO, there was no concrete evidence to put Juve to Serie B.

I have more respect for Moggi AFTER the calciopoli as opposed to before.

I would have accepted Juve in doping scandal to this, as it probably had more grounds.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I accept that people say Moggi was wrong in making phone calls and intimidating referees, but a mafia and a cheat(somewhat hypocritical)? well, everybody was doing the things he did (which makes what he did somewhat justifiably in terms of justice) and more....everybody else just wanted him to leave the table as he was winning too much.

Juve along with Moggi paid the price for winning IMO, there was no concrete evidence to put Juve to Serie B.
So correct.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Yes parma were in shit, and I agree that it could have been possible for us to get him cheaper, but by how much, parma have always been known (well in the past) for asking a high price for their players, veron, crespo, canna, etc.. they sold all their players proberly overpriced. Now lets look at our situation, we had van der sar who at that time had some real eye problems, there wasnt many young options out there, we are a big club and to stay that way sometimes u need to dig deep and but the best their is, buffon was just that. Looking at Moggi's transfer history its easy to say he has always paid a fairly small sum, for the players he brought (in general). Therefore to assume that all of a sudden he decided to spend massive money and get his cut, is yes nothing but the word itself, assumption. I mean we all know Moggi wasnt clean as clean, I aint here to defend the guy but all im saying is that where he was proven guilty, as far as we know thats all he is 'guilty' for, the rest of the accusations the guy should remain 'in a way' innocent until proven guilty. His got a bad stigma but that doesnt mean we go out there and blame everything on him and come out with our own theories.

The canavaro deal, well you mentioned it yourself, he used his brain, well whys that, why did he use it more recently than a season or two before?

Tell me how much Milan Paid to bring Kaka. Deco to Barcelona, Ronaldinho to Barcelona, Robinho to Real Madrid, C.Ronaldo to manchester, These players are nedved's quality, why do we pay double and even tripple and more of the amount these clubs pay for those players?

I completely agree with Phrozen.... U can't expect to pay exactly a players value (frankly it can't really be valued exactly). We offered alot while other clubs were still thinking about the move and that made the move possible.

This is exactly why we lost out on Milito. We didn't want to pay the extra millions which IMO is still a justifiable sum.
how much Milito cost these days?

@snoop, I really think u have no idea of what a mafia is, u don't know what corruption is or even business.
these kind of quotes make your arguments weak. "you don't know, I know better than you blah blah"

Its impossible for 1 person to corrupt, and even more, its impossible for 1 person to create and hold down a system (refereeing system).

Moggi was cleverer than the others at the game that everybody else played too.

I have more respect for Moggi AFTER the calciopoli as opposed to before.

I would have accepted Juve in doping scandal to this, as it probably had more grounds.
Ofcourse Moggi didn't do all these by himself, he was part of the mafia that was controling the game. so don't come to me with that "everyone was doing, he just wanted to protect the club" crap :disagree:

Look what we are doing without helps, and look how fast we overcame the crisis. see? success comes thru hard work too, we didn't need Moggi to "protect" us. I just hope we win the scudetto this year, so you guys overcome this Moggi's "protection" 's crap..

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I honestly don't understand how some people can still defend moggi .
The guy was a liability .

He tricked us all into trusting him , praising him , and appreciating him . He doesn't deserve all this , the man is as corrupt as they come , and please stop
saying "everyone else was doing it , so why not him " , you sound really stupid .

They guy could have gotten us maradona and pele for all i care . That doesn't cover the fact that he caused us to go into a financial crisis . He made us lose some of our best players , he destroyed the image of juventus , caused us play a whole season in serie B .

And yes it is his fault , i don't care how corrupt the italian federation is , he did what he did so the least he could do is just shut the F*ck up and stop relating his dirty name to Juventus .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I honestly don't understand how some people can still defend moggi .
The guy was a liability .

He tricked us all into trusting him , praising him , and appreciating him . He doesn't deserve all this , the man is as corrupt as they come , and please stop
saying "everyone else was doing it , so why not him " , you sound really stupid .

They guy could have gotten us maradona and pele for all i care . That doesn't cover the fact that he caused us to go into a financial crisis . He made us lose some of our best players , he destroyed the image of juventus , caused us play a whole season in serie B .

And yes it is his fault , i don't care how corrupt the italian federation is , he did what he did so the least he could do is just shut the F*ck up and stop relating his dirty name to Juventus .
no more of a liability than this board to be honest

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i dont see why people are saying moggis did bad things and saying that just because others were doing the same or even owrse, that moggi is still not a cheat. ffs if you've done wrong only slightly, you have still done wrong. and those who defend moggi to the core should really take a step back. i love what he did for us, buffon etc, but it is overshadowed by the bad things he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)