Moggi Attacks Juve Management (3 Viewers)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
The former General Director of the Bianconeri commented ironically on the fact that the Old Lady has been spending a lot of money during this transfer market.

Luciano Moggi has once again attacked the current Juventus management as he controversially stated that finally the Bianconeri are spending high amounts on players, something which was not possible when he was in charge.

"I don't know what the available budget was, but I think that they got by well," he said referring to the Juventus transfer market and the amounts spent to purchase the new signings.

"However, it's the first time in twelve years that the owners have made money available. During my management, we had to do without them.

"Still, the results arrived," he continued, "And whatever followed is the thanks for having always been competitive."

In the past days Moggi predicted that Juventus will finish in fifth place this season, whereas Inter will win the Scudetto.

goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:disagree: I don't even fucking know what to make of this. Our current management is indeed in my opinion not suited for the job, but what on earth are we supposed to do? Not spend money after we sold half our squad last summer?

You know what, I think Blanc, Gigli, and Moggi should all just shut the fuck up. I'm tired of all this nonsensical bullshit from all these people.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
:disagree: I don't even fucking know what to make of this. Our current management is indeed in my opinion not suited for the job, but what on earth are we supposed to do? Not spend money after we sold half our squad last summer?

You know what, I think Blanc, Gigli, and Moggi should all just shut the fuck up. I'm tired of all this nonsensical bullshit from all these people.
ßömßäяdîëя;1423573 said:
Word to that.....
Moggi's got a bitter taste in his mouth & he's not going to shut up, he's going to milk to the hilt all the media time & space he can get...do either of you guys remember reading around 3 years ago that he was thinking of going to Inter when his Juve contract was up, that he's always had a good rapport with Moratti?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Moggi should really get over himself, however debatable this whole calciopolli saga is, in the end he has no one to blame but himself. And what the fuck were the board supposed to do but make money available? Even with the money and the new signings the CL is questionable, without it we'd be heading back to Serie B again.

I honestly can't believe he said these things, it's goal.com so it probably is crap of the highest quality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Moggi's got a bitter taste in his mouth & he's not going to shut up, he's going to milk to the hilt all the media time & space he can get...do either of you guys remember reading around 3 years ago that he was thinking of going to Inter when his Juve contract was up, that he's always had a good rapport with Moratti?
I do indeed remember that, and I believe that was during the Capello era. There was rumors of Capello taking over Moggi's job while still being manager, the sort of Cloughie way from England. I still don't understand why there were rumors Luciano wanted to leave us, but after you bring that up again, what would people think if Moggi joined Inter after his ban ends?

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Moggi should really get over himself, however debatable this whole calciopolli saga is, in the end he has no one to blame but himself. And what the fuck were the board supposed to do but make money available? Even with the money and the new signings the CL is questionable, without it we'd be heading back to Serie B again.

I honestly can't believe he said these things, it's goal.com so it probably is crap of the highest quality.
He should have conducted those discussions which brought him down with extreme care. Personal phone calls are not that & never have been. Also there is no such thing as a secure website. I can't believe a man of his intelligence wouldn't know that. He can blame his own arrogance & complacency!

I do indeed remember that, and I believe that was during the Capello era. There was rumors of Capello taking over Moggi's job while still being manager, the sort of Cloughie way from England. I still don't understand why there were rumors Luciano wanted to leave us, but after you bring that up again, what would people think if Moggi joined Inter after his ban ends?
Would you bet against it, Andy...it wouldn't surprise me!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The title has nothing to do with what is written in the article, as the so reliable Goal.com does always.

Moggi said facts:

1- During his era in Juve, the OWNERS didn't give him money to make the transfers. And that's not debatable at all. All of us even knew that some idiots in Agnelli family wanted to kick him out of Juve.

2- He said that the current management has paid so much. And that's also not debatable. They bought very normal players with high prices. Check Iaquinta's deal. The free transfers were done during Bettaga's reign, so let's not give them the appreciation for that.

In brief, Moggi didn't say anything wrong, and Goal.com are totally idiots.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Absolutely. Look at the kind of signings Moggi and co. made. These worked for the team, hardly cost us and happened at a consistent level. Let's not take anything away from that fact. Our current board look like a bunch of amateurs despite the fact that they have more money to play with. As for all the talk of him going to Inter, it was probably hearsay and if there was any truth in the matter - then it was pretty obvious he was being shunted out of Juve and would join Inter just to spite the people who'd do that to him. All things considered, Moggi is an out and out Bianconero and I dont think even the calciopoli verdict can change that.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
The title has nothing to do with what is written in the article, as the so reliable Goal.com does always.

Moggi said facts:

1- During his era in Juve, the OWNERS didn't give him money to make the transfers. And that's not debatable at all. All of us even knew that some idiots in Agnelli family wanted to kick him out of Juve.

2- He said that the current management has paid so much. And that's also not debatable. They bought very normal players with high prices. Check Iaquinta's deal. The free transfers were done during Bettaga's reign, so let's not give them the appreciation for that.

In brief, Moggi didn't say anything wrong, and Goal.com are totally idiots.
Reb, there's many who say the only thing Moggi did wrong was letting himself be caught! There was a recent discussion on Italian tv about the former Juve management & that out of the 4, Capello, Giraudo, Bettega, & Moggi...in fact Moggi was being seen to be the best of them, both in terms of business & personal approachability. If that's so, then what's to be said for the rest of them?

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
Moggi said facts:

QUOTE]

Look, if they kicked him out of Juve we probably wouldn't play in B and we will still have one of the best team in Europe. So this mean that we would be satisfied with lower budget, because we would buy only one world class player.

So he should stay away from Juve and our management. We should give our new management a chance and support them. i hope that we will see a new, even better era.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Reb, there's many who say the only thing Moggi did wrong was letting himself be caught! There was a recent discussion on Italian tv about the former Juve management & that out of the 4, Capello, Giraudo, Bettega, & Moggi...in fact Moggi was being seen to be the best of them, both in terms of business & personal approachability. If that's so, then what's to be said for the rest of them?
I don't think I got your point, Carlo. Sorry.

Look, if they kicked him out of Juve we probably wouldn't play in B and we will still have one of the best team in Europe. So this mean that we would be satisfied with lower budget, because we would buy only one world class player.

So he should stay away from Juve and our management. We should give our new management a chance and support them. i hope that we will see a new, even better era.
Look. Some idiots of Agnellis wanted to get rid of Moggi as he was making great business and he was acting as if Juve was an independent club that is not owned by Agnellis (Although they made him go that route initially by not giving him any support).

Briefly, those idiots wanted to have Juve back and get rid of the triade whatever the results are. They simply don't care about Juve as a club whether it plays in Serie D or in Saturn League. They care about Juve as a property owned by them. You can't expect immature bugs like John and Lapo Elkann to act for the sake of the club. They just want to be seen as those who are controlling their toy called Juve whenever they want to spend some time far away from their work, if any.

And no, I don't attack the current management because they still are new in their positions. Read again Moggi's words and see that he didn't attack anybody but said facts.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Absolutely. Look at the kind of signings Moggi and co. made. These worked for the team, hardly cost us and happened at a consistent level. Let's not take anything away from that fact. Our current board look like a bunch of amateurs despite the fact that they have more money to play with. As for all the talk of him going to Inter, it was probably hearsay and if there was any truth in the matter - then it was pretty obvious he was being shunted out of Juve and would join Inter just to spite the people who'd do that to him. All things considered, Moggi is an out and out Bianconero and I dont think even the calciopoli verdict can change that.
Amateurs they are by comparison! We are in a time where we need to be seen to be "squeaky clean" which is in itself a problem! As for Moggi, I actually watched him interviewed on a late night chat show on Rai Uno, & the way he came across was that he was considering a move but hadn't decided. We may never know if someone at our club wanted him out even at that point...

Addition: Read Rebel's post on the Agnelli's wanting him gone...

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
I don't think I got your point, Carlo. Sorry.
No problem Reb, I was only saying that in a tv discussion, Moggi was being seen to be the best of the former management, & that if he was best & yet considered to be in the wrong, then what does it say for the credibility of the others, Capello, Geraudo, & Bettega?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
No problem Reb, I was only saying that in a tv discussion, Moggi was being seen to be the best of the former management, & that if he was best & yet considered to be in the wrong, then what does it say for the credibility of the others, Capello, Geraudo, & Bettega?
Well, I think that Moggi was doing the primary work, so he was the person caught by the press lens more than others. The three others were doing their technical missions which were tactical more than strategic. Hence, IMO others had more comfortability working in the shadow.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Well, I think that Moggi was doing the primary work, so he was the person caught by the press lens more than others. The three others were doing their technical missions which were tactical more than strategic. Hence, IMO others had more comfortability working in the shadow.
:agree: Yep, & he was the "fall guy." It couldn't have been more obvious at the time. Point of thought...did you ever believe Roberto Bettega had no knowledge of all that happened? Or Capello for that matter? Look, you know Italian life & so do I. Things tend to be "arranged" as a part of normal life & it's been that way down through history...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)