MLS > Serie A..Shut up Andy !! (2 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    I've been to plenty Chicago Fire games and the atmosphere in the stands is wow! especially when you sit next to the ultras :lol: . But as far as quality in play? this Juve would still beat any MLS side...
    Like Red Bull?

Oh, wait. Juve got owned.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    No, but you still need to score to win, and that involves a positive approach.

If you're the better team, there is no excuse for sitting back.
    There's really no point in this debate, since we have such drastically different views on how the game should be played.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #44
    There's really no point in this debate, since we have such drastically different views on how the game should be played.
    But there really isn't a debate. You need to score to win, so at some point you need to have positive play.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    But there really isn't a debate. You need to score to win, so at some point you need to have positive play.
    Sure, but it's hw you go about it.

You are very much in favour of possession football and dominating the game; I'm much more inclined towards counter-attacking play and picking the right moment to attack.

What Juve did tonight, for instance, was very poor. Just for a change, Delneri set out a team that was fine defensively but had no plan of how to score (because Lazio very rarely allow counter-attacks).

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I went to the FC Dallas - L.A. Galaxy game yesterday and it was waayyyy more entertaining than any Serie A match I've seen since December of 2009

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #54
    Damn right they did

but we got to see something that not many people have ever seen

we witnessed an Amauri goal
    I was impressed with Red Bull. And Amauri was an absolute beast.

I went to the FC Dallas - L.A. Galaxy game yesterday and it was waayyyy more entertaining than any Serie A match I've seen since December of 2009
    :tup:

At least Dallas is better than DC United. We have the worst defensive record in the league.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #56
    You mean he's better in person or just larger?
    I was very impressed with him in person. Amauri was easily the best player on the pitch and Red Bull defenders couldn't handle him. But it was just one match and not anything like we've seen in Serie A.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I've been to plenty Chicago Fire games and the atmosphere in the stands is wow! especially when you sit next to the ultras :lol: . But as far as quality in play? this Juve would still beat any MLS side...
    Like Red Bulls' second team?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I remember Grosso getting the pants beat off him by some 17 year old winger for the entire match. You could tell Juve just wanted to go on holiday and forget the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)