Mirko Vučinić (12 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Still Quagliarelly and even Giovinco with his speed (think Milan or Real) provide a lot more to the game than Vucinic as a substitute.
What Alen posted clearly indicated how valuable Mirko was and how many games we managed to overturn thanks to him. How many of those Gio had? Back your claims with something other than speed.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Still Quagliarelly and even Giovinco with his speed (think Milan or Real) provide a lot more to the game than Vucinic as a substitute.
That's an opinion not based on facts. Every opponent is different, so on some matches striker A might be more useful than striker B as a sub, due to certain characteristics. Mirko completely changed the course of at least 5 matches last year when he came on as a sub. With one exception, when he turned a win into a draw with a bad pass in midfield, he was actually turning defeats into wins, or draws into wins. Such were the cases with Napoli in super coppa (from 1-2 to 4-1), Nords in CL (from 0-1 to 1-1), Genoa (from 0-1 to 3-1) , Cagliari (from 0-1 to 3-1), Milan in coppa Italia (from 1-1 to 2-1 and secured qualification) and Cagliari again in serie A (from 0-1 to 1-1). Of the 11 times he was subbed in, he brought us the points with his goals on 6 of these. How can then anyone claim that he won't be good as a sub, or not as good as some other strikers we have? I was actually replying to these claims from Sheik and some others.

- - - Updated - - -

What Alen posted clearly indicated how valuable Mirko was and how many games we managed to overturn thanks to him. How many of those Gio had? Back your claims with something other than speed.
Last year Seba scored 2 goals and assisted 1 goal on the 11 matches he was subbed in. On just as many matches Mirko scored 6 and assisted 1. On top of it, Seba scored his goals against Roma (it was 3-1 already and he scored for 4-1 in the last minute), and against Chelsea (it was 2-0 and he scored for 3-0 in the last minute). He basically didn't change anything.
Without a doubt, on certain matches his speed will be a plus against tired legs, but the numbers don't really support the claim that Giovinco "provides a lot more to the game than Vucinic as a substitute".

Apr 15, 2006
I found it
http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/33243-Mirko-Vučinić?p=4189518&viewfull=1#post4189518

Last season (2012/13) Vucinic came off the bench on 11 matches, played 371 minutes as a sub, scored 6 and assisted 1 goal. Plus he won a penalty.

Before he was subbed in, Juve's record in these 11 matches was 1 wins-3 draws-7 defeats. With his inclusion we turned that into 5 wins-4 draws-2 defeats.
I'll tell you what I told DelPiero84: Stop living in the past.

IIRC this season, Vucinic came on as a sub against Hellas and Torino. In the former, he was typically lazy, trying to shoot on goal with 2-3 players surrounding him closely and just putting in a decent effort. He even got a yellow for kicking the ball away out of anger after a foul. But I'll disregard all of this cos he just returned from injury. Yet, he was nothing special against Torino.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'll tell you what I told DelPiero84: Stop living in the past.

IIRC this season, Vucinic came on as a sub against Hellas and Torino. In the former, he was typically lazy, trying to shoot on goal with 2-3 players surrounding him closely and just putting in a decent effort. He even got a yellow for kicking the ball away out of anger after a foul. But I'll disregard all of this cos he just returned from injury. Yet, he was nothing special against Torino.
We were already winning on those two matches when he was introduced in the last 10-20 minutes.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What past Sheik? He didn't suddenly forget how to play football. Next summer you might make a point if he doesn't live up to expectations (You don't expect much I know).

Apr 15, 2006
We were already winning on those two matches when he was introduced in the last 10-20 minutes.
And in those 10-20 minutes, he was unconvincing. His attitude was not the same Quags or Gio when they come on as a sub. And I'll bet that much of his substitute performances this season will be similar to that regardless of the score when he comes on.

What past Sheik? He didn't suddenly forget how to play football. Next summer you might make a point if he doesn't live up to expectations (You don't expect much I know).
A lot has changed due to Tevez and Llo's arrival. The scenario is simply not the same as that of the previous 2 seasons(the past).

Apr 15, 2006
True. Nothing special in those 13 minutes he played, while we were winning 1-0 and trying to protect the win.
Now you're being condescending.

So he'll be a bench player then, but if anything he has shown what a capable game changer he is when coming off the bench.
I'd rather he plays more games as a starter than as a sub.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Baffling how quickly people are forgetting (if they even acknowledged it in the first place) how much Vucinic did for Juve in the last couple of years.

By all means advocate not starting him (I prefer Llorente, in theory, for a lot of games), but suggesting you don't miss Vucinic because Giovinco and Quagliarella are around is ridiculous.

Quaglia18

May 8, 2012
Baffling how quickly people are forgetting (if they even acknowledged it in the first place) how much Vucinic did for Juve in the last couple of years.

By all means advocate not starting him (I prefer Llorente, in theory, for a lot of games), but suggesting you don't miss Vucinic because Giovinco and Quagliarella are around is ridiculous.
Ungrateful people, underestimating the talent he brings to the plate, starter or off the bench

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
a 4-3-3 with Tevez, Llorente, and Vucinic (backed by Pogba, Vidal, and Marchisio/Asamoah in midfield) as a alternative to the 3-5-2 would allow us to tear shit up in Europe.

I still don't understand why people bother discussing Vucinic with Sheik (he is equally biased in his dislike for him, as he is in his love and adulation for Giac), and football matters in general :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)