Mirko Vučinić (230 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why should he accept the bench if he can start at some other club, especially after having been the teams main starter for two seasons?
There aren't any big clubs where Mirko will be a regular starter. He starts only in Juve because we have the worst attack of all the big clubs in Europe. The only way for him to be a starter and still get big wages is if he's bought by some team in England, outside the English top 4. Or maybe somewhere in Turkey, Russia or Ukraine.

It will depend on the offer we might get. I don't see any team paying a fair price for Vucinic (~15m eur) and I don't find it too logical to sell him for 8-10m eur, because he's worth to us more than that. But I can imagine Juve selling him. If we do buy a striker, apart from Llorente, we'll be forced to sell some strikers, and then we might consider every offer, just to get rid of a striker. Actually, I find it very possible that Juve will do "a Melo" with one or two of our strikers and sell them below their value. After that I can imagine hundreds of "Marotta can't sell" posts from Cron :D

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Does anyone believe the rumours of SAF wanting him at united, I really cant see it, they already have a strong attack and they its looks like there getting another good striker in lewendowski or whoever they are linked to

does fergie see something no one else sees :shifty:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There aren't any big clubs where Mirko will be a regular starter. He starts only in Juve because we have the worst attack of all the big clubs in Europe. The only way for him to be a starter and still get big wages is if he's bought by some team in England, outside the English top 4. Or maybe somewhere in Turkey, Russia or Ukraine.

It will depend on the offer we might get. I don't see any team paying a fair price for Vucinic (~15m eur) and I don't find it too logical to sell him for 8-10m eur, because he's worth to us more than that. But I can imagine Juve selling him. If we do buy a striker, apart from Llorente, we'll be forced to sell some strikers, and then we might consider every offer, just to get rid of a striker. Actually, I find it very possible that Juve will do "a Melo" with one or two of our strikers and sell them below their value. After that I can imagine hundreds of "Marotta can't sell" posts from Cron :D

:D

Apr 29, 2006

Agreed on both Vucinic's transfer and Cron's posts "Marotta can't sell".

I don't see us being the worst option for Vucinic, but we are far from the best either. He would be a bench option if we end up buying 2 strikers, consequentially his price will drop and when we do indeed decide to sell him his agent will find it harder to get him his last fat contract.
And Marotta can't sell. There is already enough evidence to construct a solid argument about it, but if this summer we don't see smart moves for our 'must be sold' strikers I feel it would turn into an indisputable fact.
Let's do a 'forvet recap' - we have 2 players on a vacation here Bendtner and Anelka, 2 we know we could/should have sold anytime in the last 2 years, since they will never be more than Seria A bench options and aren't getting younger - Matri, Quag and 2 we wish we could sell - Vucinic and Giovinco, but we can't. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Does anyone believe the rumours of SAF wanting him at united, I really cant see it, they already have a strong attack and they its looks like there getting another good striker in lewendowski or whoever they are linked to

Of course those rumors are fake. Vucinic had some good games against United and EPL teams, so some years back Ferguson (maybe) said that he likes Vucinic a lot. Then summer after summer we hear the same rumor that Ferguson is an admirer of Mirko and wants to take him to United. If Fergie wanted him so much, Vucinic would have been in Manchester 10 times by now.

Apr 29, 2006

Fergie feels the emptiness and loneliness of Berba's bench seat. No one to warm it on those cold mancunian evenings... :(
Besides Rooney isn't half the fun Berba or Vucinic will be on the bench, since he isn't a complex person. At SAF's age one would value his own time/company...

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

I agree that 15 is fair price, but I would sell for 10 and keep Gio if we can buy someone like Suarez.

Apr 7, 2013

Think it's just what it is; a rumor. I really don't think Fergie would find a need for his services.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Gio should be sold while he still has some value on the market.

As for Vucinic, calciomercato ran an "interesting" poll asking who should be sacrificed in order to raise funds for the "top player."

55% voted for Vucinic, 26% of respondents said no one should be sacrificed, 9% voted Marchisio, 7% Vidal, and 3% Pogba.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:lol:

If he had a similar season to his 11/12 season, i could perhaps ascribe some credibility to these rumors. Not after the pretty meh season hes having thus far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 230)