Mirko Vučinić (79 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I wanted to say that he was bad today because he was tired after playing 120 minutes midweek, but there's NOTHING that can explain that one-on-one miss. Borrielloesque.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And his lazily overconfident in his efforts with possession, people are focusing on the bad miss, but him being an inconsistent finisher isnt new. But it was maddening how easily he was losing possession by just slowly walking into defenders, thinking he can get past them with same predictable moves. Its one thing to get owned by Maicon, another to keep making the same stupid decision with his possession. It got old quick how he was gifting away counters (thank god it was vs an Inter that only go forward with like 2 players).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We could do without him going back into oddball mode. There were glimpses of confidence early on but then he lost the ball a couple of times, lost his temper, the team were playing worse and then he becomes a shadow player.

I never felt confident he would score that chance, but we already know he isn't a scorer. Del Piero on the other hand, you anticipate him scoring his more difficult chance, and he would have buried Mirko's for sure. We don't have many players now who are a guarantee.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I never felt confident he would score that chance, but we already know he isn't a scorer.
Look how he reacted. Totally opposite of what you'd expect from Vucinic. One would expect Mirko to miss a great chance, but not in such fashion. In normal situation he'd have tried to place the ball nicely, to lob the goalkeeper or something fancy. But he did a Borriello or something a talentless footballer would do.
To me that's a clear sign that he expected the offside flag and lost concentration. When he realized that he's not offside, it was too late to think and he just made a silly shot.
I've seen numerous such situations when players expect to be offside and screw up the chance. Only true goalscorers score from those situations and we know that Mirko definitely isn't one.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
He loses the ball a lot because he tries to dribble his marker too often, you could tell he wouldn't get past Maicon or Zanetti. You dont always have to dribble. Play the one two or just pass to someone unmarked.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
He loses the ball a lot because he tries to dribble his marker too often, you could tell he wouldn't get past Maicon or Zanetti. You dont always have to dribble. Play the one two or just p$#@! to someone unmarked.
That's what frustrated me a bit. He kept running at Maicon, play the ball AT him hoping it would go through his legs or just past him to then get past him on pace. He didn't seem to make an effort half the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)