Mirko Vučinić (59 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
A sincere question, dont you think we can sell him and buy a better striker?
A sincere answer: yes. But there is a flip side to it as well. Apart from the Coach's backing, there are very few players that we are capable of sourcing/affording to fit our plans the way Conte sees them. The only way Vucinic would leave, is if he was involved jn a swap with a player.

The reason people perceive him to be the best forward in our team, is because all the other forwards play a lot more centrally, and closer to goal, while Mirko is the only one of those that fits the LwF in the 433, which given the midfield we have, is the best formation for us. Personally, I don't think he is good enough or consistent enough to have a forward line or formation built around him, but he would be Tyne perfect complement to somebody more talented than him. I find Mirko to be a really selfish, inconsistent player and if given an option, I'd choose somebody younger with a better temperament. But unfortunately, there are already two areas in our trident that have more glaring issues, and I can't see how we will revamp an entire trident in one mercato. CF first, then RWF. Maybe give Mirko one more season with an understudy like Gio, a CF like Higuain and perhaps, a Ramirez next to him or JoJo/Suaeez and lets see how it plays out. Because I believe the pressure will then be on him to stay on top of his game to keep up with them. That being said, if Manure came calling in the summer and offered Nani in exchange for Mirko plus cash, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
question is he worth building a team around?
Never has been. Never will be. He's the guy you get, after having a Suarez or JoJo on the team. The guy who complements the flag-bearer. If Gio comes in as his understudy next year, it will be good to see, because right now, theres no fire under his ass. When he comes under pressure to hold his place in the team, he might get a little more consistent than he has been this season.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well it seems the consensus is that we need to give him one more season and rate him after playing with other more capable forwards.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not at all. He's going to be the same player he has been this season. He's only going to be more effective next season with a more complete, consistent and better footballer next to him. If we dont upgrade sufficiently Vucinic will not win us anything.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Hating on Mirko is ridiculous. He's a fine, fine player. It's not his fault that we haven't got a true 20 goal per season bomber to place next to him in the attacking line-up. It was never going to be down to Mirko to supply as much as 20 or 20+ goals per season. Mirko must stay, but we need to purchase a world class target man in the summer.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
excuse me? our last two wins and the coppa were inspired by him, majorly. he also had a few games during the season where his moments of brilliance either salvaged or won us games
He's been good but he's also been extremely wasteful. A spectacular goal here and there doesn't make up for all those lackadaisical performances and horrible misses he's had. I still appreciate having him in the team, just saying.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Playing on the left side out of a 433 does not warrant 20 goals a season. But it certainly has to offer more than 6. For sure. He has been wasteful and brilliant at the same time, but that's not enough for a team that channelizes a lot of the play through him. One more season with a better RW perhaps to focus play more evenly. Matri/Quag will do just fine if they are given continuity. I don't think Matri should be blamed for Vucinic's lax, at times ineffectual performances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)