Mirko Vučinić (54 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
with matri and vucinic up front, there are two players to conect to, and vucinic intelligent running makes sure one of both is allways free to pass to.

he provides technical and creative touch up front, and is good at spreading the play

put on quag, you keep the running, but lose the passing and trough balls
put on giac, and you have matri marked, not much connection, and alot of bad passes

yeah, vucinic is pretty vital

Buy on AliExpress.com

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Yeah but would it be the end of the world if we play Quag or DP or Elia there for one game. Still think we have multiple players that can take his place adequatly. Esti isn't one of them though

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm not sure how someone can miss what Vucinic has been adding this season?

The guy is, literally, involved in all our attacking play. The build-up, his movement off the ball that drags defenders, all those clever little touches and slipped passes, the one-twos. Really, aside from Del Piero and Pirlo, he's the only technically proficient player we have that possesses that spark of imagination. You know how some players can see a step or two ahead allowing them to anticipate and create seemingly simple but sublime stuff? That's what that he's been bringing. The guy's the anti-Pepe. Sure he can be lazy at times or look disinterested, but somehow, some way, he's almost always contributing.
His second half against Napoli, was the perfect representation of what you're saying. He was majestic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
IMO, Vucinic has been always off with his shots on goal. But he's been absolutely critical just this shy of Pirlo in terms of setting us up this season.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Yeah but would it be the end of the world if we play Quag or DP or Elia there for one game. Still think we have multiple players that can take his place adequatly. Esti isn't one of them though
I would put DP against Novara, and if he plays good, play him against Udine too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
del piero should be used for smaller teams, because hell be impressive as the pace is lower.

we can play elia there, but then we need pepe or giac(can he?) on the right to balance it out

quag, i think conte sees him more as competition for matri
wich is logical cause he doesnt has the characteristics for playing lw

he is good when we are piling pressure tho, as second forward, with chiellini beeing allmost LW all the time(in terms of positioning)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I'm not sure how someone can miss what Vucinic has been adding this season?

The guy is, literally, involved in all our attacking play. The build-up, his movement off the ball that drags defenders, all those clever little touches and slipped passes, the one-twos. Really, aside from Del Piero and Pirlo, he's the only technically proficient player we have that possesses that spark of imagination. You know how some players can see a step or two ahead allowing them to anticipate and create seemingly simple but sublime stuff? That's what that he's been bringing. The guy's the anti-Pepe. Sure he can be lazy at times or look disinterested, but somehow, some way, he's almost always contributing.
:tup:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
del piero should be used for smaller teams, because hell be impressive as the pace is lower.

we can play elia there, but then we need pepe or giac(can he?) on the right to balance it out

quag, i think conte sees him more as competition for matri
wich is logical cause he doesnt has the characteristics for playing lw

he is good when we are piling pressure tho, as second forward, with chiellini beeing allmost LW all the time(in terms of positioning)
Roma defense last night was that of smaller teams, they weren't even used to playing there. Would have been perfect for us to have Alex later in the game when he had to deal with exhausted defenders who were playing out of position. Wrong decision by Conte I'd say.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
That was cool during pre-season. The understanding between Pirlo, DP and Vucinic was awesome.

Like I said earlier, Vucinic is the real deal, I really dont get why people would pick Quag over him. Yes they are both incosistent and not great goalscorers during their careers but Vucinic offers much more than Quag.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
no way in hell I'd pick Quag over Vuci in a 4-3-3.
It shouldn't be one or the other. They need to play in tandem coz I think they'll connect well. Quag hasn't had a run in yet to suggest how he slots into this formation, left or centre. But he's been playing pretty deep and making runs through every time he's had some game time. Might complement Vucii's game well too. Matri has gone off the boil a bit in his last two outings. But I'd still like toplay Quag and Matri till Vuci returns before pitting the two against each other in this formation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It shouldn't be one or the other. They need to play in tandem coz I think they'll connect well. Quag hasn't had a run in yet to suggest how he slots into this formation, left or centre. But he's been playing pretty deep and making runs through every time he's had some game time. Might complement Vucii's game well too. Matri has gone off the boil a bit in his last two outings. But I'd still like toplay Quag and Matri till Vuci returns before pitting the two against each other in this formation.
That's because he is isolated. Easy to mark him out when the defense doesn't have to cope with the lack of creativity from pepe/giach/esti. Like you are saying...play Mirko-Matri-Quag and watch the defense start to get stretched to find a way to cover mirko/quag...matri won't find himself isolated/surrounded by defenders as often.

All matri needs is a little space to move into to get a nice shot off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)