Mirko Vučinić (294 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
As much as I prefer Matri to Quagliarella, I see two reasons for selling Matri:

1. He is worth more; and

2. Quagliarella has this confidence (arrogance) that seems to enable him to play at quite close to his best even when he has been out of favour. Matri doesn't seem to have that ability and needs more games and more things to go his way to gain the confidence to perform well

I'd still be selling both of them if the opportunity presents itself.
I don't know why confidence is misconstrued as arrogance. It is this belief that won over Conte by the end of season, when he played Quag as the only other striker in the 3511 every time he took Vucinic off, pretty much. Gio, Matri, Bendmter, Anelka were all available, and for all you know, tactically better suited.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is why I love you.

@baggio
I love you too, Matrifan. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what the official site said --> no he doesnt. I missed you, baggio :touched:
Missed you too my fleshlight. :kiss:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Baggio logic when it comes to Quag.
Gotta respect baggio's love for Quag. :D

Matri 1004 minutes played / 8 goals = 1 goal every 125,5 min.
Quag 1154 minutes played / 9 goals = 1 goal every 128,2 min.
Genuinely didn't read read the serie a bit. That said, why are we justifying a better goal-min ratio in e serie a alone. Isn't this discussion about who the better, more effective player is - why should we avoid the equally relevant CL story?

http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/36119-Juventus-2012-2013-stats

all season stats:
Matri: 1790 minutes
Quag: 1548 minutes

Quag: 17 goal+assist (including CL top scorer - 4)
Matri: 12 goal+assist
This is the correct perspective though. You have to view them in all competitions. (espesh Serie a and CL if you count out the coppa)

What exactly is it you don't get about "Serie A stats", destroyer?
ID probably misread it like I did.

^^^ @Nzoric

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Genuinely didn't read read the serie a bit. That said, why are we justifying a better goal-min ratio in e serie a alone. Isn't this discussion about who the better, more effective player is - why should we avoid the equally relevant CL story?
I wasn't even involved in the discussion, just backing up the fact that B_Aus posted.

Regardless, if you ask me, those Serie A stats are quite impressive for both of them. Remarkable even, considering how both players have been used.

ID probably misread it like I did.
That has been known to happen.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
:rofl:

He will still deny it and swing the stats in Quag's favour somehow. It's his only way.

Oh and Buck :delpiero:
We all know that looking at league statistics is redundant. Except if Quags outscored Matri there, then 'the league is our primary object and he is vital with his infinitely better goal pr minute ratio'.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I wasn't even involved in the discussion, just backing up the fact that B_Aus posted.

Regardless, if you ask me, those Serie A stats are quite impressive for both of them. Remarkable even, considering how both players have been used.
Oh no doubt. I don't think the way this Juve is built under Conte, that we'd find better bench options than those two. They have a great attitude and work for the team. For me personally, I rather Gio leave before Quag or Matri, simply because he has failed to deliver despite all the opportunity. Whether one blames it on his physical handicap or lack of formation. We blame Quag and Matri a whole lot for being incapable, while forgetting the importance of continuity in a team like this. Imagine having to play under Conte despite not being his preferred opening pair, and having to deliver every time you get some minutes, once or twice a month, knowing full well, that you could be the first to be dropped/subbed out if you don't bring your best. Very hard to play under such conditions anywhere, let alone Juventus.

- - - Updated - - -

We all know that looking at league statistics is redundant. Except if Quags outscored Matri there, then 'the league is our primary object and he is vital with his infinitely better goal pr minute ratio'.
Not at all, Quag is a better player. I stand by it and my perspective holds that we look at all competitions.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

He will still deny it and swing the stats in Quag's favour somehow. It's his only way.

Oh and Buck :delpiero:
Swing stats in his favor? Lol.

Unfortunately, they are in his favor and I don't have to because youre the one who brought the serie a stats to the table to aid the Matri over Quag argument. Man, you might wanna laugh equally loud if you think you don't have a bias toward Matri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 292)