Mirko Vučinić (32 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Can you remember any other time where a defensive error by Marchisio caused a goal?

He's highly underrated defensively IMO.
Not the born tackler like Vidal, but iirc he outran Arturo in almost every game. Marchisio and his work load is crucial for our play, he really helps shutting down the left side of the pitch by constantly being in the correct position. Usually players are forced to play it back as Claudio is closing down the central area of the pitch.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not the born tackler like Vidal, but iirc he outran Arturo in almost every game. Marchisio and his work load is crucial for our play, he really helps shutting down the left side of the pitch by constantly being in the correct position. Usually players are forced to play it back as Claudio is closing down the central area of the pitch.
I think you missed the most crucial point to Marchisio's play, and that is his mobility in midfield, to make the off ball runs either to create chances for himself or to create space for others to move into which helps Pirlo's game

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I clearly recall when Chiellini and Asamoah weren't playing our left got slaughtered like sheep - didn't really see Marchisio doing much to counter that.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:agree:

Great points.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I clearly recall when Chiellini and Asamoah weren't playing our left got slaughtered like sheep - didn't really see Marchisio doing much to counter that.
He can't do it alone, Peluso has far more shaky positioning than Asamoah, so it opens channels which Claudio cant' shut down. Marchisio is brilliant at shutting down the centre and doing his job, we can't expect him to cover an entire flank by himself.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Can you remember any other time where a defensive error by Marchisio caused a goal?

He's highly underrated defensively IMO.
I can think of an attacking error which caused us to be disqualified from Coppa though. :p

Out of the two Quag should go.

If it was up to me, I would keep both Vucinic and Matri.
And that is why I love you.

@baggio

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Out of the two Quag should go.

If it was up to me, I would keep both Vucinic and Matri.
Why Matri? Out of all our forwards, I'd argue that he's the worst 3rd/4th choice option, he's very limited if the coach doesn't fully trust him. Out of all our forwards Quag actually has played the bench striker role and done it with very good productivity, we're far from sure which Mirko we'll have when he's no longer first choice.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As much as I prefer Matri to Quagliarella, I see two reasons for selling Matri:

1. He is worth more; and

2. Quagliarella has this confidence (arrogance) that seems to enable him to play at quite close to his best even when he has been out of favour. Matri doesn't seem to have that ability and needs more games and more things to go his way to gain the confidence to perform well

I'd still be selling both of them if the opportunity presents itself.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Quag is older. That's a dumb decision from a business continuity perspective. Everybody knows neither will get sold for a profit. Shouldn't have been brought in to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)