Mirko Vučinić (272 Viewers)

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #8,124
    As unbelievable as it sounds, with 45 goals in all competitions, our attacking quartet scored more than any other serie A attack. Milan's Balo+SES+Robinho+Krkic+Pazzini also scored 45 in all competitions. What Mirko says is correct only for Italy, though. We aren't competitive in Europe.
    These stats are pretty misleading though. Imagine how much Balo+ SES would have scored with that midfield of ours. 45 goals in between them imo.

What do you feel about Sanchez to Juve? I remember you rated him quite highly back when he was at Udinese.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If you count Krkic for Milan, we should count Anelka and Bendtner too.
    And if I don't count Krkic and Niang, it will turn out that Gio+Mirko+Matri+Quag scored more goals than El Sharaawy+Balotelli+Pazzini+Robinho.

We all know that our attack is far from great, but nothing that Vucinic said is wrong. It's true that our attacking quartet and Juve as a whole scored more goals than the other attacks and the other Italian teams. Like I said, he did the right thing. He complimented Sanchez and his team mates from Juve' attack. An unexpectedly diplomatic answer from Vucinic.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you feel about Sanchez to Juve? I remember you rated him quite highly back when he was at Udinese.
    I'm a big fan. Llorente himself won't solve a lot of problems. With Sanchez we add speed and technique. We really suck at counters and he'll solve this bitter problem alone. Number wise, though, he won't give us more than our current attackers.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Vucninc should be seeing more of the bench next season, as he is delusional if he doesn't think he is inconsistent and frustrating as fuck.

Vucinic for the bench, and Giovinco to be mopping floors and cleaning toilets @ JS.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I don't think so. If anything, Vucinic isn't as reliable and untouchable as some of his "fanboys" make it seem. He has his detractors, and rightfully so. Yes, he is the only creative and enigmatic forward at our disposal, and probably the best forward, but that doesn't really say much considering the guys he has to fight for a place with.

Hopefully, with the onset of the new season, we will have a quality forward line, and in 2-3 years Vucinic should/probably will be 4th or 5th choice.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Mirko to bench our 'top striker'.
    There is a not so small possibility Llorente to be the top striker and we don't make other changes in that department. In that case, Mirko might not bench Llorente since they won't share the same spot in the attack, but he'll still play the most and Conte will keep using him as a link between the midfield and attack.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if we add other attackers than Llorente. Even if we do, they'll be guys who'll take the Bendtner/Anelka place in the squad.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    There is a not so small possibility Llorente to be the top striker and we don't make other changes in that department. In that case, Mirko might not bench Llorente since they won't share the same spot in the attack, but he'll still play the most and Conte will keep using him as a link between the midfield and attack.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if we add other attackers than Llorente. Even if we do, they'll be guys who'll take the Bendtner/Anelka place in the squad.
    That would truly suck, as Mirko is unreliable and the others strikers simply aren't good enough. What about Sanchez? JoJo?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    That would truly suck, as Mirko is unreliable and the others strikers simply aren't good enough. What about Sanchez? JoJo?
    It's not about being interested in an attacker and trying to buy him. I was talking about actually buying a top attacker, in which case I'm not sure we'll succeed. Getting Llorente on high salary already created a problem to Juve in regards to selling an attacker. We are too careful in regards to our financial books. Now, I don't know our plans and if changing the whole attack is the focal point of our transfer strategy. It will likely depend on what Conte considers to be the main goal in the market. But our carefulness and unwillingness to go all guns blazing, our strategy to search for opportunities for less money possible (influenced by the financial situation of football in Italy), doesn't make it too likely that we'll go big on an attacker. I won't be surprised if our directors and coaches think that we're still not ready for Europe even with a star addition or two, but we can still rule Italy the way we are, and all these mixed up with our intention to balance the books and take as little risks possible, might result with a seemingly weak performance on the market. I'm pretty sure that we are not going to splash 25-30m eur for an attacker. We will enter negotiations, we will try to buy with loan+option to buy, or perhaps with money+players, but if Conte and Marotta still don't see the purchase of a top attacker as a "must do" and if the other teams don't want to sell on our terms, then I fully expect Llorente to be the main addition to our attack. I don't doubt that we will eventually go for a star attacker, but it might not be this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 272)