Mirko Vučinić (49 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think Vucinic starting as a second forward yesterday could've made a lot of difference possesion-wise. The players were fed directly, but could not keep possesion. Vucinic is quite capable of taking a long pass down and keeping the ball as the midfielders get into position. O well.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What Dom said.

Vucinic is the smartest striker this team got since Del Piero left. He's capable of moving the ball better, clearly got better vision than the others and would have been better playing as support striker receiving the ball from the middle.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think Vucinic starting as a second forward yesterday could've made a lot of difference possesion-wise. The players were fed directly, but could not keep possesion. Vucinic is quite capable of taking a long pass down and keeping the ball as the midfielders get into position. O well.
Biggest tactical mistake of the night imo (in my hindsight). Quag and Matri might work sometimes against Serie A teams who won't attacks us in numbers, but not having a player who could hold the ball up against an aggressively pressing team who forced us to pass quickly meant that our defence would be under constant siege.

Apr 19, 2007
I would disagree a little bit with that. They are not to blame for not scoring. They have more to do then just score goals in the conte system. Thats why He prefers Vucinic and Gio. Even when they dont score they come back to recieve it and let the team stay compact and move up the field. With Peluso and Lich we knew it was a a defensive lineup that was going to suffer with possesion. Usually he prefers a cm on one of the flanks with either ASA or Padoin. They didnt hold the ball up any on Tuesday and it resulted in us having no outlet to push. When Vucinic come on you could see the team had a target more upfield than Pirlo

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:lol: Like a Hugo Baws.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagreeing with baggio...and yes he is the best weve got
Why mate? It's true. We had no link between midfield and attack. The balls were coming from way too deep to suit the game our strikers can play. With no Vucinic, on the field, or Pogba, Marchisio's play was important but he didn't show. Had Vucinic-QUag started together, we'd have a few more shots on goal than we eventually did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)