Mirko Vučinić (51 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not at all. He is immune to blame coz he's apparently the best of a bad bunch. And I love how he's absolved of anything and we blame his tea mates instead. That's just amazing. Fact is, if Juve want to go to the next level, we need change things starting with him. Break the bank for Suarez.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Not at all. He is immune to blame coz he's apparently the best of a bad bunch. And I love how he's absolved of anything and we blame his tea mates instead. That's just amazing. Fact is, if Juve want to go to the next level, we need change things starting with him. Break the bank for Suarez.
Suarez, Falcao, Lisandro, Quag, Gio :agree:

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
Ok , I agree he's gifted ,I agree he's been pulling us out from the shit on various occasions , but his attitude on the pitch is getting really frustrating to watch.I'm getting tired of his first touch , watching him moaning and screaming after every time he screws up.Too many wrong decisions and he's still immune for a time-out.I'm sorry for all the people who praise him so much , but for me he hasn't prove shit since he came.He may be decisive from time to time ,but the gap of situations where he's wasteful is too big these days.I'm just disappointed.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Ok , I agree he's gifted ,I agree he's been pulling us out from the shit on various occasions , but his attitude on the pitch is getting really frustrating to watch.I'm getting tired of his first touch , watching him moaning and screaming after every time he screws up.Too many wrong decisions and he's still immune for a time-out.I'm sorry for all the people who praise him so much , but for me he hasn't prove shit since he came.He may be decisive from time to time ,but the gap of situations where he's wasteful is too big these days.I'm just disappointed.
People say Quag has a bad attitude. This guy just screams at everyone else for his own mistakes. I even hear the commentators say it quite often too.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
People say Quag has a bad attitude. This guy just screams at everyone else for his own mistakes. I even hear the commentators say it quite often too.
The opinion of some Aussie commentators aside, I want to ask you if you ever played football together with someone who is obviously a better player than you?

Ever wondered why the teammates never reply to Zlatan and Vucinic when they yell at them or why the managers let those two yell at their teammates? That's solely for motivational purposes. Indeed, lots of times both Mirko and Zlatan yell at a teammate even though it was them who made the mistake, but more often it's because the teammate doesn't make the required run or pass and does something stupid.
Quagliarella for example made at least 10 illogical runs yesterday and each one of them ended up with a lost ball because Quags was running where he wasn't supposed to and the passes Vidal and Vucinic made to Quags ended up nowhere near him.

Face it, there is a huge reason why Conte is playing Vucinic all the time and Mirko is just as big reason why after two season's in 7th place we are rocking every tournament we play in. Against such tight defenses, you either "invest" on width or you rely on someone like Vucinic to create the play with a through ball. That also requires excellent movement from the players around him, which is something we really lack lately. Watch Barca and how they play those through balls. It's because the team moves excellently, so it's easy for the passers to make the killer pass. Mirko is also a master of killer passes, but more often he ends up holding the ball and eventually losing it, because no Juve player made the required run to receive the pass.

To finish this post, I'm really surprised that Conte doesn't play Matri more often. He does need 10 chances to score once, but his off the ball movement is better than that of the other strikers and with players like Vidal and Vucinic, we can play that through ball that breaks the opposition defenses.

Apr 15, 2006
Ever wondered why the teammates never reply to Zlatan and Vucinic when they yell at them or why the managers let those two yell at their teammates? That's solely for motivational purposes. Indeed, lots of times both Mirko and Zlatan yell at a teammate even though it was them who made the mistake, but more often it's because the teammate doesn't make the required run or pass and does something stupid.
Quagliarella for example made at least 10 illogical runs yesterday and each one of them ended up with a lost ball because Quags was running where he wasn't supposed to and the passes Vidal and Vucinic made to Quags ended up nowhere near him.
:lol:

Face it, there is a huge reason why Conte is playing Vucinic all the time and Mirko is just as big reason why after two season's in 7th place we are rocking every tournament we play in. Against such tight defenses, you either "invest" on width or you rely on someone like Vucinic to create the play with a through ball. That also requires excellent movement from the players around him, which is something we really lack lately. Watch Barca and how they play those through balls. It's because the team moves excellently, so it's easy for the passers to make the killer pass. Mirko is also a master of killer passes, but more often he ends up holding the ball and eventually losing it, because no Juve player made the required run to receive the pass.
:lol::lol:

To finish this post, I'm really surprised that Conte doesn't play Matri more often. He does need 10 chances to score once, but his off the ball movement is better than that of the other strikers and with players like Vidal and Vucinic, we can play that through ball that breaks the opposition defenses.
:lol::lol::lol:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
+rep Alen.

We put so much pressure on Vucinic to finish every for us, that every timewe dont win its instantly his fault. Our midfielders just rocket the ball to him at chest height and expect him to create a goalscoring opportunity. Yesterday there was absolutely no movement from the winger, quag nor midfield, so it resultef in Vuci being closed down by four players and losing the ball. In the second half people started moving around and behold, Vucinic put in a very good half. Coincidence?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The opinion of some Aussie commentators aside, I want to ask you if you ever played football together with someone who is obviously a better player than you?

Not Aussie commentators... I watch streams from wherever, al jazeera, rai etc. Yes of course and I don't think that helps your argument.

There's no excuse for Mirko's attitude. Far too often have we seen him yell at his team mates for something that has gone wrong, this is inexcusable and being 'better' does not make it ok. It's fair enough sometimes when a player messes up but when a player has an attitude problem and starts berating everyone for mistakes (including his own) frequently it's not good for team chemistry esp as mirko would come off as lazy and arrogant when this happens. This is probably the thing I dislike most about him. But I do like him and I don't oppose him (generally). However, lately he has been far too on and off. He is the player we rely the most on upfront and yet he is so inconsistent it's beginning to get ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's laziness, complacency, both or something else but he really needs to start being at least somewhat consistent again to deserve the praise that you are giving him. And it's not like he doesn't the game time either, in fact, it's probably because he thinks he has a guaranteed starting place (and probably does tbh) so he can perform however he wants.

In regards to Quag's runs, he would need more game time to build a fluid partnership with Mirko that would produce such chemistry where they practically have 'telepathy' (i.e. Barca like you said). None of the players can be blamed for this though. Not getting enough game time would be the main reason why 'no Juve player made the required run to receive the pass'.

I think Matri doesn't suit the 3-5-2 to be honest and I think he is much better with the space that 4-3-3 provides upfront due to his lack of ball control. I remember some nice one touch goals last season where he ran on to through balls coming from the wings, especially on the counter attack. This doesn't really happen in the 3-5-2 since I think we prefer to build up the play more and it would more often come up through a cmf or ss. The tighter spaces upfront in the 3-5-2 do not help Matri at all, since he is fairly poor on the ball and there is less room for him to run on to a through ball.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Fact is that recently we have become far too reliant on a very inconsistent player.

I like Mirko, but we need others to step up when he is not playing well.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Fact is that recently we have become far too reliant on a very inconsistent player.

I like Mirko, but we need others to step up when he is not playing well.
We've just become far too reliant on one player and the opposition are paying attention to it. It's no coincidence that he was much better in the second half when the midfield and wingers started moving around. That's why he yelled at Marchisio, Marchisio played a ball straight to Mirko and then stood still, Mirko dribbled around until he was wrestled off the ball because no on was moving. He yelled at Marchisio and pointed towards the left wing, as in "provide me some fucking options instead of standing there".

Well deserved criticism, too.

Apr 15, 2006
The fact is that the Genoa had figured out how to handle Vucinic. They made it difficult for him to make that turn and send the pass that all you suckers love so much. For all his creativity, his is quite limited. When nobody is making a run, he can't think of anything else to do. He can't think of making space for himself to shoot or passing it back to our midfield to try again. He can't adapt to Quagliarella's runs and provide him the service he needs, instead he sends his same old balls up front and expects Quagliarella to magically get behind it. There's an old Indian proverb: before you point fingers at others, point one at yourself. Vucinic lacks any self criticism and instead resorts to blaming everybody else around him for his mediocrity. Sadly, but unsurprisingly, his fanboys follow suit.

And yes, I did call him mediocre. Bring it on, bitches!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lately, he has been mediocre. However, we are far less predictable with him on the pitch. We need him because even a mediocre Vucinic creates opening for others players, draws away opponents, and can generally make things happen. Sadly, none of our other strikers with sandbags for feet currently offer the options and variations Vuci does ;)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Lately, he has been mediocre. However, we are far less predictable with him on the pitch. We need him because even a mediocre Vucinic creates opening for others players, draws away opponents, and can generally make things happen. Sadly, none of our other strikers with sandbags for feet currently offer the options and variations Vuci does ;)
Very medicore, last game he played he had a goal and an assist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)