Miralem Pjanic - CM/AM - AS Roma (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #45
    Pjanic cant play in front of defense that well.He's better off as a roaming CM.Besides he's rarely played regista for Roma or not at all.

Kovacic can though.He himself says he feels better in the DLP position.
    Pjanic is a distributor primarly, and I definitely remember seeing him play that role once. With his skillset there should be no problem in playing there

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @zizinho

Just wanted to congratulate you for this great thread.

And also ask @Mark what are the % of this happening.
    Hi

The thread is great, my favorite on here currently. Special thanks to Mark for allowong it

- - - Updated - - -

Imo the tricky part will be dealing with Roma, not Pjanic
    With the clause we wouldnt have to deal with them. We don't know 100% if there is a clause though

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Pjanic is a distributor primarly, and I definitely remember seeing him play that role once. With his skillset there should be no problem in playing there
    Nope.Under Garcia,Keita,De Rossi,Strootman even Nainggolan has been used to play anchor role ahead of Pjanic.
    Pjanic is their offensive CM.He's mostly taken up advanced positions at Roma.Even at Lyon,he was used as an advanced CM.

So why would you want someone who's mostly been used in advanced positions to play regista ? Seems silly to me.Its like asking Pogba to play in front of defense because he's played there before.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    Wait. You'd rather have Oscar than Pjanic?

Pjanic is so much better than Oscar, it's not even really up for discussion. The holes that you are speaking of. Let's assume Morata and Cuadrado are gone. Fine. 30 million from Morata gets put towards Pjanic. 25 Million for Berardi to replace Morata.

4-3-1-2 now becomes your primary formation, pending the acquisition of a backup RB.
    Quote me on where I said I prefer Oscar. It's like you didn't read what I wrote at all.

If Oscar is available and is cheaper we'll go for Oscar who is likely to be pushed out of his current club. That could be an 'opportunity' Beppe talks about. Pjanic for 38m is no penauts, especially if it's true that release clasue has to be paid as a whole in one instalment.
    It has nothing to do with my preference. The reason for that is simple: we have other positions to cover so the money need to be spent elsewhere too.

I'd love Pjanic here but it's unreasonable to think we'll get him. If the clause is true then we could have competition too.

Of course he can't. He never plays there. It's always De Rossi or Keita. Heck, he actually has the least defensive duties as they always play Nainggolan/Strootman (yeah before he got crippled) next to Keita/De Rossi. Pjanic doesn't really work that much defensively, he can't tackle and he's a rather soft player. All his qualities are useful only when you have the ball. Playing him as DM would be a suicide, especially with Pogba and Khedira as B2B who move forward a lot.

Our midfield works very different to Roma's, even though both teams use 3 CMs.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Not just as a CM,when Totti was benched,Pjanic used to take up his position(AM) behind the forwards.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Quote me on where I said I prefer Oscar. It's like you didn't read what I wrote at all.

If Oscar is available and is cheaper we'll go for Oscar who is likely to be pushed out of his current club. That could be an 'opportunity' Beppe talks about. Pjanic for 38m is no penauts, especially if it's true that release clasue has to be paid as a whole in one instalment.
    It has nothing to do with my preference. The reason for that is simple: we have other positions to cover so the money need to be spent elsewhere too.

I'd love Pjanic here but it's unreasonable to think we'll get him. If the clause is true then we could have competition too.

Of course he can't. He never plays there. It's always De Rossi or Keita. Heck, he actually has the least defensive duties as they always play Nainggolan/Strootman (yeah before he got crippled) next to Keita/De Rossi. Pjanic doesn't really work that much defensively, he can't tackle and he's a rather soft player. All his qualities are useful only when you have the ball. Playing him as DM would be a suicide, especially with Pogba and Khedira as B2B who move forward a lot.

Ok. Let's assume that oscar is available, and let's say that it is for 30 million. Does that 8 million in savings justify the gap in attacking talent between the two? I certainly do not think so. Even if Oscar were available for 25, he doesn't add anything to what we already have.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012

:tup: Spot on.

Moot discussion as he isnt gettable anyway.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #52
    Nope.Under Garcia,Keita,De Rossi,Strootman even Nainggolan has been used to play anchor role ahead of Pjanic.
    Pjanic is their offensive CM.He's mostly taken up advanced positions at Roma.Even at Lyon,he was used as an advanced CM.

So why would you want someone who's mostly been used in advanced positions to play regista ? Seems silly to me.Its like asking Pogba to play in front of defense because he's played there before.
    I think you may have miaunderstood. I wouldnt want to transform him into a regista permanently, i would play him there only when Marchisio is out to dont have only Lemina as an option so he would play there like few times a year. he would be an AM mostly and would rotate with the current starting trio when needed in 352. i see him as a player that can play anywhere in midfield so there isn't really a problem with that.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    I think you may have miaunderstood. I wouldnt want to transform him into a regista permanently, i would play him there only when Marchisio is out to dont have only Lemina as an option so he would play there like few times a year. he would be an AM mostly and would rotate with the current starting trio when needed in 352. i see him as a player that can play anywhere in midfield so there isn't really a problem with that.
    fair enough then

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    Ok. Let's assume that oscar is available, and let's say that it is for 30 million. Does that 8 million in savings justify the gap in attacking talent between the two? I certainly do not think so. Even if Oscar were available for 25, he doesn't add anything to what we already have.
    8m savings could land you De Sciglio actually who covers RB and potentially RCB. Simply Caceres replacement. Afaik we are ready to offer 10m for De Sciglio who is requested by Allegri. It seems Milan could sell because they are broke as fuck.

Overall you could be right but there's one more concern I have and it seems you missed it out:

If it's sorted out then fine. Then again there could be competition for Pjanic if the clause is true. Will we outbid other clubs when it comes to wages?

Again, I'd love him here but I just can't see it. 38m for Pjanic is no opportunity at all. Probably his current market value though.

:tup: Spot on.

Moot discussion as he isnt gettable anyway.
    I find it ridiculous to argue this but good to see there's actually someone who watches football :tup:

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #57

What makes Hernanes more suitable for that role? Or Kovacic?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    What makes Hernanes more suitable for that role? Or Kovacic?
    Hernanes has already played in that role for us quite successfully.

Kovacic had his success at Inter as a regista and even at Madrid he's mostly used as the deepest midfielder when given the chance to play.If he himself finds that role ideal according to his own words then he is suitable to play that role.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #60
    Hernanes has already played in that role for us quite successfully.

Kovacic had his success at Inter as a regista and even at Madrid he's mostly used as the deepest midfielder when given the chance to play.If he himself finds that role ideal according to his own words then he is suitable to play that role.
    Yes I know they have. I meant their skillset, what quality do they have that Pjanic lacks that allows them to play there while he cant

- - - Updated - - -

Hernanes also didnt play regista up until 2-3 years ago from what I remember

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)