Miralem Pjanić (22 Viewers)

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Thats dumb, Werner should play CL for them, and Nagelsmann said he will, what changed? There is no new season yet, we still in current one. And didnt fifa said the first transfer date for next season is september first? when current season should be over, as in CL is over august, leagues over july.
His Chelsea contract starts from July 1, so no way he can't play for Leipzig in Champions League.

Transfer window in England is already open, in Germany it starts on July 1st, in Spain it will be after the league is over, July 18th probably. Only in Italy transfer window will be opened in September as it seems.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
His Chelsea contract starts from July 1, so no way he can't play for Leipzig in Champions League.

Transfer window in England is already open, in Germany it starts on July 1st, in Spain it will be after the league is over, July 18th probably. Only in Italy transfer window will be opened in September as it seems.

Oh wow, how odd, so CL wont allow you to use new players, but your players are allowed to leave before season is over, leaving you short handed? I read fifa/uefa wanted to make all deals official only in first september, but sounds like that idea didnt fly.

Then we have no incentive to cell Pjanic now, if we lose him immediately, just to get an Arthur we cant use in CL?

- - - Updated - - -

That memo is dated October 2018 Bro.

You need to update your system ;)

dont kid yourself, he is still our best midfielder. Best midfield asset and most proven player.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Oh wow, how odd, so CL wont allow you to use new players, but your players are allowed to leave before season is over, leaving you short handed? I read fifa/uefa wanted to make all deals official only in first september, but sounds like that idea didnt fly.

Then we have no incentive to cell Pjanic now, if we lose him immediately, just to get an Arthur we cant use in CL?

- - - Updated - - -

dont kid yourself, he is still our best midfielder. Best midfield asset and most proven player.
I think players will transfer when the national competitions are over. So that’s probably the end of July. Then there’s august for the remaining few that still compete in EL/CL.

No need to keep Kulusevski at Parma till September as he can start to train with his new club and prepare for the next season. The most difficult part is salary wise.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I still don't think we should give our best midfielder to Barca, who are our rivals for CL.
Arthur is too young and unproven, this deal is again hurting our midfield area
Arthur isn’t “too young”, he’s 24 in August - the ideal age. This deal benefits us immensely, don’t see how people can’t see that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm just thinking logistically, the season isnt over, CL still on, and not for us perse, but someone like Leipzig. They lose Werner due to confusing transfer dates in mid season, plus their other starter attacker Schick is going back to Roma because his "loan" is over in 30th june, other striker poulsen injured, and they cant take back attackers they have loaned out because season isnt over. Seems like a cluster fuck logisitically speaking.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
I'm just thinking logistically, the season isnt over, CL still on, and not for us perse, but someone like Leipzig. They lose Werner due to confusing transfer dates in mid season, plus their other starter attacker Schick is going back to Roma because his "loan" is over in 30th june, other striker poulsen injured, and they cant take back attackers they have loaned out because season isnt over. Seems like a cluster fuck logisitically speaking.
Leipzig should have negotiated with Roma to extend the loan until end of August. Bayern did the same with Coutinho and Barcelona.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm sorry, but I didn't get the memo.

If we're talking in terms of ability, then he is our best midfielder. However, in terms of performances, he isn't. He's soft, mentally fragile, and inconsistent. I don't want to rely on a 30 year old Pjanic moving forward.

Jun 7, 2003
Arthur isn’t “too young”, he’s 24 in August - the ideal age. This deal benefits us immensely, don’t see how people can’t see that.
I saw Arthur only against Inter over 90 minutes and didn't see the impact that Pjanic has. Against Real he played for 60 minutes or something and didn't play good, Barca lost and he got substitued. So from my point of view it is really difficult to see how this deal benefits us.
He will need time to adapt to the league and all the other integretation processes like language and etc. that means if everything goes good we will have a good player in 2-3 years and that is not what we need right now.

Beside that our problem is that we have a lot of old players and then very young players and nothing in between and Miralem is in between if we change him i don't know man, i have the feeling Barca fans are also not amused with the deal.

Jun 16, 2020
I saw Arthur only against Inter over 90 minutes and didn't see the impact that Pjanic has. Against Real he played for 60 minutes or something and didn't play good, Barca lost and he got substitued. So from my point of view it is really difficult to see how this deal benefits us.
He will need time to adapt to the league and all the other integretation processes like language and etc. that means if everything goes good we will have a good player in 2-3 years and that is not what we need right now.

Beside that our problem is that we have a lot of old players and then very young players and nothing in between and Miralem is in between if we change him i don't know man, i have the feeling Barca fans are also not amused with the deal.
Most (if not all) Barca fans are angry with this deal. Personally I’m looking forward to a new midfield. The post 2016 midfield has won a lot for us, but I’ve never been a big fan.

james95

Sep 2, 2018

And I’ve watched him significantly more than that and can tell you that he brings attributes that this team is severely lacking. He can carry the ball forward and take 2-3 players with him ala Iniesta. He’s also a slick passer of the ball - much more creative than anything we have right now.

This deal is ludicrously tipped in our favour. It’s almost a gift from Barca if we manage to send Pjanic the other way for anything above half of the price we pay for him. That would mean we’re essentially getting him for 30-40ml (could be even less if Pjanic goes for more). That means in the worst case scenario he doesn’t perform (I believe he will be great), we can always sell him and make profit given his age. It’s a very low risk deal. We’re offloading a tired, underperforming over 30 year old for a promising, exuberant, 24 year old. Doesn’t see how this isn’t win-win.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
For any Barca fans lurking: you are getting a complete steal here.
Pjanić was one of our top performers in recent years, having learned from the maestro himself, Andrea Pirlo.
After our games Pjanić's thread is usually one of the most active ones as we appreciate his contribution, tricks and skills.
With Pjanić you are basically getting a whole midfield in one player. He defends like a bull terrier, covers the ground from one box to the other and slices the most tight defences with his pinpoint passes and vision. He is the key element to Sarri-taka and i fear our goals ratio will change dramatically without him.
One more thing to mention is that he is a true leader having stepped up numerous times in the most important games when the team was struggling.
As we say here "Con Pjanić non c'è Panic" meaning that with Pjanić there is no panic.

We will miss him. :sad:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
For any Barca fans lurking: you are getting a complete steal here.
Pjanić was one of our top performers in recent years, having learned from the maestro himself, Andrea Pirlo.
After our games Pjanić's thread is usually one of the most active ones as we appreciate his contribution, tricks and skills.
With Pjanić you are basically getting a whole midfield in one player. He defends like a bull terrier, covers the ground from one box to the other and slices the most tight defences with his pinpoint passes and vision. He is the key element to Sarri-taka and i fear our goals ratio will change dramatically without him.
One more thing to mention is that he is a true leader having stepped up numerous times in the most important games when the team was struggling.
As we say here "Con Pjanić non c'è Panic" meaning that with Pjanić there is no panic.

We will miss him. :sad:
:agree:

His head movement is so much better now than it was at Roma or Lyon.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
And I’ve watched him significantly more than that and can tell you that he brings attributes that this team is severely lacking. He can carry the ball forward and take 2-3 players with him ala Iniesta. He’s also a slick passer of the ball - much more creative than anything we have right now.

This deal is ludicrously tipped in our favour. It’s almost a gift from Barca if we manage to send Pjanic the other way for anything above half of the price we pay for him. That would mean we’re essentially getting him for 30-40ml (could be even less if Pjanic goes for more). That means in the worst case scenario he doesn’t perform (I believe he will be great), we can always sell him and make profit given his age. It’s a very low risk deal. We’re offloading a tired, underperforming over 30 year old for a promising, exuberant, 24 year old. Doesn’t see how this isn’t win-win.
Exuberant? Arthur? Does exuberant mean something different in your country?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)