Miralem Pjanić (22 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Can we even sell for 40 million now? He's been quite horrible that I'm not sure teams would want to buy him, and the teams where he could potentially be useful (he doesn't belong in a top team, being the physical and mental midget that he is) can't afford him and his wages :sigh:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Can we even sell for 40 million now? He's been quite horrible that I'm not sure teams would want to buy him, and the teams where he could potentially be useful (he doesn't belong in a top team, being the physical and mental midget that he is) can't afford him and his wages :sigh:
He turns 30 in April and is physically shot.

His prime was 2016/17 and 2017/18. I admit that he was a very good player back then.

But now? I doubt we will get anything significant for him. In all likelihood, Juve is his final big club and his next destination is probably MLS or something.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He turns 30 in April and is physically shot.

His prime was 2016/17 and 2017/18. I admit that he was a very good player back then.

But now? I doubt we will get anything significant for him. In all likelihood, Juve is his final big club and his next destination is probably MLS or something.
Can we convince United to accept 80 million and Pjanic for Pogba? :think: :numnum:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sarri wants Pjanic to get 150 touches in a game. So, how much did he get yesterday?
he made 45 passes in the first half, missed only one of them. he faded after the hour mark, and finished the match with 69 passes. some of our players passed a lot yesterday, bonbon made 76, dybala 73, de ligt 70, cuadrado 67. as for the accuracy, pjanic was among the most accurate players with 97%, only buffon (16/16) and rabiot (12/12) did better. he attempted no long passes, and i bet it's a technical choice: sarri is admittedly afraid of the counters after an inaccurate long ball by especially a midfielder.

also what @JCK said: passing without end product is pointless. we as a team created very little with all that possession. we had 63% of possession, we made 617 passes vs milan's 368, still, milan had more shots (21-14), find the target more times (11-4), and they had more chance of winning despite losing the possession battle (not that they wanted to win that anyway) and winning less duels (50-61). stats like number of passes doesn't tell too much.

bottom line: i think his form is purely down to his physical condition. guy started well in the first half, faded quickly after the break. he clearly needs some rest. i really hope he's benched vs brescia.

enzo

May 14, 2012
What is the point in getting touches that produce nothing meaningful?

That applies to all players and the so called Sarri system, meaningless, endless, planless passing
Absolutely. It's something so stupid to say. I rate Pjanić very highly. Yes, he is in poor form right now, but also Sarri's "system" is killing him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In such an absolute shitty midfield this was supposed to be the guy that steps up to the plate and sets himself apart from the shit bags next to him.

He has failed miserably at being better than average CMs.

Tough call this summer. We will buy some good CMs so would he theoretically step up his game or not?

time to sell? I think so. I’d rather try Bentancur in the hole there and use that money to secure Pogba. Bentancur at least is improving.

- - - Updated - - -

We don’t even use him for FKs anymore so why keep him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)