Miralem Pjanić (30 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
People calling for his head need to think again.

Pjanic has consistently been our best midfielder since he arrived. The players we need to replace are the cack players like Khedira, Matuidi and Can. Otherwise we're never going to improve this midfield because we just keep disposing of our best players.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
People calling for his head need to think again.

Pjanic has consistently been our best midfielder since he arrived. The players we need to replace are the cack players like Khedira, Matuidi and Can. Otherwise we're never going to improve this midfield because we just keep disposing of our best players.
Just because he is the best of a bad bunch doesn't mean he should stay either. The only midfielders I would keep are Bentancur and Rabiot. Pjanic can be sold for a decent sum our midfield should be built around someone better.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Just because he is the best of a bad bunch doesn't mean he should stay either. The only midfielders I would keep are Bentancur and Rabiot. Pjanic can be sold for a decent sum our midfield should be built around someone better.
We're all impressed by Rodrigo but it's too early to say he should be ahead of Pjanic. Same with Rabiot.

What I'd do is get a world class holding mid and play Pjanic as b2b. That's where he thrives IMO.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
We're all impressed by Rodrigo but it's too early to say he should be ahead of Pjanic. Same with Rabiot.

What I'd do is get a world class holding mid and play Pjanic as b2b. That's where he thrives IMO.
I don't think there ahead I just think that we would make alot more money selling Pjanic and that his position is more important.

I wouldn't mind trying him in another role I just don't want him being the focal point of our midfield.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Pjanic as B2B :rofl:

That awesome pace and physicality renders him ideal for that position. The first strolling B2B in modern football - could be interesting :baus: :D
Or creative mid. Whatever you wanna call him.

He's just better at playing closer to the opposition's box where he can take more risks and even score goals (stat padding, anyone). He's too risk averse in the regista role.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Pjanic literally does NOTHING for our team. Nothing! He is supposed to be this regista with a great passing and vision but he literally never manages to see anynof our forward's runs when they make one. His main objective is to get rid of the ball the second he recieves it to the closest ppayer to him or pass it back to Bonucci/DeLigt or make a semi-long pass to Cuadrado but only when the ball has a completely open way. I have no idea if Sarri forbids him to play long passes and doesnt allow him more time on the ball but its ridiculous to see Pjanic's obcious talent not being utilised to the fullest when you have players like Higuain and CR7, player who are renowned for their off the ball movement and runs behind the defence. Man if we only had Pirlo these last two seasons.....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Pjanic literally does NOTHING for our team. Nothing! He is supposed to be this regista with a great passing and vision but he literally never manages to see anynof our forward's runs when they make one. His main objective is to get rid of the ball the second he recieves it to the closest ppayer to him or pass it back to Bonucci/DeLigt or make a semi-long pass to Cuadrado but only when the ball has a completely open way. I have no idea if Sarri forbids him to play long passes and doesnt allow him more time on the ball but its ridiculous to see Pjanic's obcious talent not being utilised to the fullest when you have players like Higuain and CR7, player who are renowned for their off the ball movement and runs behind the defence. Man if we only had Pirlo these last two seasons.....
Depends on your definition of "Nothing." If nothing means not creating enough chances or having enough assists, I can see that, but else - hyperbole. I do recall Pjanic having more assists in previous years, especially when he was playing as LCM with Roma further up the pitch. It's not Pjanic's fault he's not a regista, it's mostly Allegri's fault for making him play there.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
There's difference doing defensive work as regista and B2B. B2B cover a lot ground, pressuring opponent up the pitch, tracking back and majority of the time they have to do it by sprinting. Regista position only need better reading of the game, cutting opponent passing lanes and they can do it with jogging. Pirlo defensive contribution was great too under Conte. That doesn't mean he can play as B2B

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,518
    Depends on your definition of "Nothing." If nothing means not creating enough chances or having enough assists, I can see that, but else - hyperbole. I do recall Pjanic having more assists in previous years, especially when he was playing as LCM with Roma further up the pitch. It's not Pjanic's fault he's not a regista, it's mostly Allegri's fault for making him play there.
    Pjanic even as our deepest mid was 2nd in assists previous two years (behind Ronaldo and Costa), and led us in his 1st year. I said last season also that he's fine at regista, he just needs to be given freedom to join in upfront once we're done transitioning the ball from the back line. That's where his playmaking can be of use, when he gets the ball 20-30 meters from goal facing upfront, with Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa around. We also need to go back to 433 to stretch the defense instead of crowding the center with the 4312, so Sarri still has work to do

Jul 13, 2010
    I just remembered how low-key his arrival was. No hundreds of pages of speculation, no high fees or rumors. Season has just finished, everyone's planning their vacations and BAM, 30 mil for at the time, one of the best midfields in the league, coming after two great seasons.

All of this almost took away something. Few fapping sessions here to say the least.

Then he was good, then he got inconsistent. Now he's rarely has a good game. How the turn tables...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)