Miralem Pjanić (25 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Hopefully a decent offer comes in this summer and we can replace him with someone better.
I'd love a genuinely solid holding mid for once

It seems we always end up with our box to box miss being far too defensive and our holding mids physically weak

I imagine we'll end up getting Tonali and playing him there and from what I've seen he's quite physical which you never really hear about due to the Pirlo comparisons.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Has been massively disappointing since his injury back in October.

He’s just lethargic, slow, cautious and doesn’t really interpret the regista role very well. IMO he’s probably better suited closer to goal in a more advanced position like he used to play in his Roma days.

There’s no incisive forward passes, long balls, and he really doesn’t set the tone for the team. Most of his passes go backwards and sideways, he’s real risk averse and I’m not sure if it’s under instructions from Sarri, but he slows down a lot of our play when he’s like this.

I also wouldn’t mind cashing in on him if a decent offer arrives. Tonali could easily be the man to play in his position for the next decade-plus if we manage to sign him...

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pogba and Tonali in. Keep Bentancur and Rabiot.

All others midfielders and pseudo mids (yes Burnturdeski, I'm looking at you) are up for sale if the right offer comes in. Blaised and Confused and Kebab Senior should definitely be sold/loaned/donated/sacrificed/gifted

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Has been massively disappointing since bay injury back in October. He’s just lethargic, slow, cautious and doesn’t really interpret that regista role very well right now. There’s no incisive forward passes, long balls, and he really doesn’t set the tone for the team. Most of his passes start sidewards, I also wouldn’t mind cashing in on him if a decent offer arrives. Tonali could easily be the man to play in his position for the next decade-plus if we manage to sign him...
I would also wager to say that perhaps Pjanic was never a regista at all. I always remember him being better on the left side of midfield or as an AM, but these Italian managers insist on playing registas all the time. What side has won the CL playing a regista in the last ten years? Barca, Real, Liverpool all play with a holding DM with either box to box or creative mids on the side. What we have seen here is called mismanagement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)