Miralem Pjanić (50 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Please enlighten me more.
It might come as surprise for some that midfielder that plays closer to his own goal makes more interceptions simply because he is less included in high press and his job is to be a libero of midfield. Fascinating, I know.
Or we should use your logic and call Kante a rubbish player, because Jorginho (well-known defensive juggernaut) makes more interceptions.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It might come as surprise for some that midfielder that plays closer to his own goal makes more interceptions simply because he is less included in high press and his job is to be a libero of midfield. Fascinating, I know.
Or we should use your logic and call Kante a rubbish player, because Jorginho (well-known defensive juggernaut) makes more interceptions.
Bentancur also makes more interceptions than Matuidi. He plays just as high up the pitch as Blaze.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Bentancur also makes more interceptions than Matuidi. He plays just as high up the pitch as Blaze.
Yep, but still less then Miralem. And I regard Bentancur as amazing tackler, last time I saw someone with such natural ability to dispose someone was young Arturo.

Last edited:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I remember Vidal playing higher up the pitch and constantly having over 4 tackles per game and a good number of interceptions.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I remember Vidal playing higher up the pitch and constantly having over 4 tackles per game and a good number of interceptions.
Young Vidal was a genius though, never saw anything like that before or after. I don't think there is a midfielder in the world atm I'd pick over Arturo. Maybe KDB, he is an offensive genius, but Arturo was a one-man army.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Young Vidal was a genius though, never saw anything like that before or after. I don't think there is a midfielder in the world atm I'd pick over Arturo. Maybe KDB, he is an offensive genius, but Arturo was a one-man army.
Kante has more tackles and about the same amount of interceptions than Jorginho, and a lot more than Matuidi.

So, what is Matuidi good for? He can't attack and isn't that effective at defending.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Kante has more tackles and about the same amount of interceptions than Jorginho, and a lot more than Matuidi.

So, what is Matuidi good for? He can't attack and isn't that effective at defending.
Let's rephrase it a bit. Kante, arguably the best pitbull midfielder in the world, makes less interceptiosn then Jorginho, who is well, Jorginho. So either Kante suddenly sucks, or Jorginho became a defensive monster, or these stats without context are not very useful.

Matuidi is good for running, his engine is what made him a wc champion, PSG vice-captain and a solid player for Juve. He is the guy who will trigger a pressing, he will rarely intercept anything because of that. But his contribution to a team pressing is immense. Same for his offensive game if we can call it like that. He opens up a space, make the field wider and deeper for our attack, drags his defender (typically an opposing RB) forward. And what makes(made) him useful is that he does it constantly, he never stopes. It worked great with Max, because we were really great in exploiting open space with long-balls and througballs. But for obvious reasons Blaise doesn't reallyfit in Sarriball.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dont remind me that. He carried us in a lot of games, defensively and offensively.... As a back to back....

A generational talent.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Let's rephrase it a bit. Kante, arguably the best pitbull midfielder in the world, makes less interceptiosn then Jorginho, who is well, Jorginho. So either Kante suddenly sucks, or Jorginho became a defensive monster, or these stats without context are not very useful.

Matuidi is good for running, his engine is what made him a wc champion, PSG vice-captain and a solid player for Juve. He is the guy who will trigger a pressing, he will rarely intercept anything because of that. But his contribution to a team pressing is immense. Same for his offensive game if we can call it like that. He opens up a space, make the field wider and deeper for our attack, drags his defender (typically an opposing RB) forward. And what makes(made) him useful is that he does it constantly, he never stopes. It worked great with Max, because we were really great in exploiting open space with long-balls and througballs. But for obvious reasons Blaise doesn't reallyfit in Sarriball.
We can agree that he's good at running and pressing but he is all over the place sometimes. I'm even gonna say he's a bit of a headless chicken.

Dude is an eye sore no matter how you look at it and a clear net negative IMO. He may run but he can't pass, can't create, can't dribble, can't tackle, can't do shit. He often receives the ball in good positions but mindlessly passes the ball to the easiest option, killing lots of opportunities.

I don't wanna discuss his performances for France because that's completely different. He has been a beast for his NT.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We can agree that he's good at running and pressing but he is all over the place sometimes. I'm even gonna say he's a bit of a headless chicken.

Dude is an eye sore no matter how you look at it and a clear net negative IMO. He may run but he can't pass, can't create, can't dribble, can't tackle, can't do shit. He often receives the ball in good positions but mindlessly passes the ball to the easiest option, killing lots of opportunities.

I don't wanna discuss his performances for France because that's completely different. He has been a beast for his NT.
I'd argue that he is a very smart player, not at all a headless chicken. And while he can't create by himself mano a mano, he is always in the right place at the right time to receive a ball. With more classical approach, like Max used to play for example, he still might be very useful. But in possession based games his weak spots are too much.

I'm not the biggest fan of his, but he is no shit. I do understand picking on guy like Sturaro or such, but Matuidi gets too much unwarranted abuse on tuz.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
This whole “he’s won a World Cup” argument is so weak.

Giroud is also a World Cup winner. We were obviously all so excited to be linked to him this transfer window, right?
So dude was a beast for NT at wc –> compare him with Giroud. Killer argument. I mean the fuck we want from this Pogba scrub, Giroud also won that WC.

Nov 3, 2019
what the fuck are you talking about arturo vidal ? LOL there are atleast 30 midfield player who are better than him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)