Miralem Pjanić (60 Viewers)

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
He just cannot pass the ball forward even if his life depend on it, just jogging back around the CBs to pass the ball sideways while they are not being pressed. I can fucking do that.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Such a frustrating player.

Do PSG still want him? I'd sell for 60-70. The midfield is stale and in need of rejuvenation.
Why would we dismantle our team? We know that Pjanic has dependency issues, he can't help the fact that he's from Bosnia, but even at his worst he's good enough for our midfield and at his best he is a force.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Our midfield needs an all action midfielder like Vidal or Pogba, more so Vidal. Physical, athletic and strong in both phases of the game. That element in our midfield is sorely missing to make it dynamic like the midfield of yesteryears so players like Pjanić don't look out of place.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Btw, when I said sacrifice him, I didn't mean sell him and then get all confused a la Tootsie. We need a plan. Our midfield is ass, lots of weak players, both physically and mentally, and there are some ageing elements.

If it were up to me, and we would get decent coin, I'd sell every single midfielder we have, with the exception of Bentancur.

If we could somehow bring in both Pogba and Tonali, and Pjanic is the sacrificial lamb, so be it. I'm definitely not in favor of selling him if we're not going to significantly upgrade the midfield. We've sold Vidal and Pogba, both far superior players, in the past. I'm sure we can survive if we sell a 30 year old Pjanic.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I’ll be the one to valiantly defend Pjanic in this thread.

He joined us around a time when all our other key midfielders were sold or got permanently injured (MVPP).

He did an excellent job replacing them in 2016/17 and 2017/18 with a very meh supporting cast (Khedira and Matuidi).

Now it appears his legs have gone, or at least he’s slowing down somewhat. He needs more rest and not be overplayed on a weekly basis. This is on Sarri.

My 2 cents

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I’ll be the one to valiantly defend Pjanic in this thread.

He joined us around a time when all our other key midfielders were sold or got permanently injured (MVPP).

He did an excellent job replacing them in 2016/17 and 2017/18 with a very meh supporting cast (Khedira and Matuidi).

Now it appears his legs have gone, or at least he’s slowing down somewhat. He needs more rest and not be overplayed on a weekly basis. This is on Sarri.

My 2 cents
He's not slowing down. He was pretty good up until Sarri played him while he was injured

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yep, he was great till end november-first week december, after that he's being in a downhill so I also think he needs to regain form and that's it, maybe not play every three days but with our current MF cast is difficult to figure it out when that would be... I still bet on him in our future MF

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He’s not a regista and never will be. He was at his best at Roma when he had Nianggolan and de Rossi doing all the dirty work while he played further up the field. Not joking, Can should get an opportunity to play in front of the defense. His best games at liverpool came in that position.

Pjanic
Can
Rabiot/Bentancur

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He’s not a regista and never will be. He was at his best at Roma when he had Nianggolan and de Rossi doing all the dirty work while he played further up the field. Not joking, Can should get an opportunity to play in front of the defense. His best games at liverpool came in that position.

Pjanic
Can
Rabiot/Bentancur
Sure, but Can? Do you not recall horror show last season in only game he played in front of defense, against Lazio iirc? Id consider Rabiot or Bentacur for the role though and move Pjanic further up. Lets see if he can do any better. Shouldnt be a challenge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)