Miralem Pjanić (37 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He has sucked since that injury against Italy in the euro qualifiers. He’s been rushed back early for sure, you can tell he is playing within himself trying not to aggravate whatever injury it is that he’s managing.
Yeah but that's hardly Sarri's fault. Who is he supposed to play in his place? Bentancur already covers for Khedira and is a sure starter as RCM, while Can simply sucks, he can't do that job.

Add to that the fact Rabiot is simply not there, not to mention Ramsey and Costa. The midfield is decimated but that's a consequence hotfixing it for years now.

Apr 19, 2007
Yeah but that's hardly Sarri's fault. Who is he supposed to play in his place? Bentancur already covers for Khedira and is a sure starter as RCM, while Can simply sucks, he can't do that job.

Add to that the fact Rabiot is simply not there, not to mention Ramsey and Costa. The midfield is decimated but that's a consequence hotfixing it for years now.
Having Rabiot,Ramsey,Costa,Khedira, and Bentancur has nothing to do with our transfer policy or the overall quality. Its extremely unfortunate though

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I thought a regista made key passes, not passes as important as a defenders. If he's not providing key passes then what he is playing for? Might as well use someone who'd offer something else.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lately he is always choosing the safest option for pass. We cant create numerical advantage without either more vertical passing or one of our midfielders dribbling and bringing the ball higher up the field. Otherwise we get closed down, look slow, lethargic and predictable.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I’m a big fan of him but boy has he been mediocre af in the last games. Wake up Miralem!
Who is he meant to pass to?

He has no options out wide because the fullbacks barely cross the halfway line. The opposition don't need to bother defending down the flanks so cover Ronaldo, Dybala and Higuain far closer than they would if there was a threat from the fullbacks. Plus he is marked for the game as the opposition have coined on to the fact that we want to play though him.

We need a threat from our fullbacks and threat from the mezzalas to take the attention away from Pjanic.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He wasn't good, but he indeed have very little outlets + we want to use trident and it means that every midfielder has some additional defending to do. Trident is sexy, but we are getting slaughtered on counters.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
a
Who is he meant to pass to?

He has no options out wide because the fullbacks barely cross the halfway line. The opposition don't need to bother defending down the flanks so cover Ronaldo, Dybala and Higuain far closer than they would if there was a threat from the fullbacks. Plus he is marked for the game as the opposition have coined on to the fact that we want to play though him.

We need a threat from our fullbacks and threat from the mezzalas to take the attention away from Pjanic.

99% agree. there is a a reason he looked so good early in season when Costa. was fit and starting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Another thing is he looks dead tired to me. It's so easy to see the difference between rested Pjanic vs one that is tired or carries a knock.

We need depth for his position but I've said that million times already.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Another thing is he looks dead tired to me. It's so easy to see the difference between rested Pjanic vs one that is tired or carries a knock.

We need depth for his position but I've said that million times already.
He two weeks to rest and sort himself out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)