Miralem Pjanić (20 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Apart from Dybala, I would say that Pjanic is definitely the one who gets the most unfair stick on here. He did miss one or two shots, but his passing was good. He doesn’t play magical long balls like Pirlo, but he constantly passes between the lines which ignites our attacks.

Those guys over redcafe were praising his performances in both games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
A monster vs Madrid. Him and Mandzukic completely changed our game. His impact on that tie should be evidence of how much better be was last season compared to the rest of our midfielders. Khedira, Matuidi and Bentancur offered nothing last season next to Pjanic. Last player we need to worry about.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Utter nonsense. He had a very quiet game. You can not just pull random shit out of your ass and hope that others also didn't watch that or remember that game. Costa delivered some phenomenal wing play and Mandzukic was at the right place 2 times and scored 2 good goals. Those were the main things from that game, that we in general were pretty effective. But Real was still somehow in control and once we got back they also completely pinned us back. Pjanic didn't do anything to hinder that.
Bentancur was very impressive most of the time he got last season. He was not expected to secure a starting spot, but he almost managed. This season he will. And Pjanic will have to up his play, if he wants to be part of our ambitious team.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ampions-League-2017-2018-Real-Madrid-Juventus

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Ridiculous. Call people out on not watching games and then pull out whoscored ratings.

What is this about Bentancur? Last season the props he deserved against Madrid was he tried. He showed potential, that's all. The bar for him was (correctly) so much lower than Pjanic's. You realize that the spot were he is shining now is as mezzala right? He is not competing with Pjanic, Emre Can is. Take it from Allegri himself.

Mandzukic dominates = was at the right place at the right time
Pjanic completely transforms the team, head and shoulders our best mid = needs to improve to even be part of the team

Bravo

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Ridiculous. Call people out on not watching games and then pull out whoscored ratings.

What is this about Bentancur? Last season the props he deserved against Madrid was he tried. He showed potential, that's all. The bar for him was (correctly) so much lower than Pjanic's. You realize that the spot were he is shining now is as mezzala right? He is not competing with Pjanic, Emre Can is. Take it from Allegri himself.

Mandzukic dominates = was at the right place at the right time
Pjanic completely transforms the team, head and shoulders our best mid = needs to improve to even be part of the team

Bravo
Pulling out stats to back up my personal opinion can only add some value to a discussion. My whole point is that I dont think that Pjanic had such an absolutely great game against Real, a year ago, that it warrants his security and god status as he has been having here for a long time. Bentancur is clearly a player for now and the future. Pjanic is important for us now. But I dont see Pjanic as untouchable at all. He has not demonstrated that he can take a step up with the team. Right now he just does enough to get by. I would take Savic, Pogba or Kante any day. And potentially play with 2 mids, and then use our forces, which clearly is our wings, where we are unmatched by any other team.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Utter nonsense. He had a very quiet game. You can not just pull random shit out of your ass and hope that others also didn't watch that or remember that game. Costa delivered some phenomenal wing play and Mandzukic was at the right place 2 times and scored 2 good goals. Those were the main things from that game, that we in general were pretty effective. But Real was still somehow in control and once we got back they also completely pinned us back. Pjanic didn't do anything to hinder that.
Bentancur was very impressive most of the time he got last season. He was not expected to secure a starting spot, but he almost managed. This season he will. And Pjanic will have to up his play, if he wants to be part of our ambitious team.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ampions-League-2017-2018-Real-Madrid-Juventus
You really are a special boy, aren't you?

Funny how shortly after Pjanic joined he was briging in numbers and was criticized for glorified "stat padding". Now he has been delivering performances for a while now but without the stat padding he is undervalued.

Like someone below mentioned he isn't Pirlo or even Bonucci in the sense that you won't see a lot of 40+ yard passes that unlock a defense. Doesn't mean he is having a poor game.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Like someone below mentioned he isn't Pirlo or even Bonucci in the sense that you won't see a lot of 40+ yard passes that unlock a defense. Doesn't mean he is having a poor game.
No of cause not. He is a good player for us and he has definitely done alright filling the gaps from Vidal and Pogba which was not an easy task. But in my opinion not more than that. And I see him now as a limit for our midfield potential. His value will start depreciating soon, so for me it is definitely worth considering what are the alternatives and if we can get a strong midfielder who can make us play with just 2 CMs. Kante/Pogba/Savic/Allan - Bentancur/Matuidi, supported by our superb backline, 2 sharp wingers in Costa and Cuadrado/Bentancur and 2 deadly strikers in Ronaldo - Dybala/Mandzukic.. That suits our team so much more, than a weird formation with Ronaldo or Mandzukic on a wing, Matuidi as half LM, Pjanic playing besides Bonucci and Chiellini, and Dybala lone striker in the box. Thats a mess. Id like to see us play with more defined roles, where a midfielder acts as a midfielder and stop this Italian regista obsession.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Not true. He was one our best players against real
Not true. He played well but both Matuidi and Khedira were better. Matuidi caused Modric to get subbed, scored a goal, and was key in winning back possession. Khedira continued his good form vs Real (was our best player in Turin game).

Whole team played well bar MDS, Pjanic did too, but he wasn't out best mid or one of the very best players in that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from Dybala, I would say that Pjanic is definitely the one who gets the most unfair stick on here. He did miss one or two shots, but his passing was good. He doesn’t play magical long balls like Pirlo, but he constantly passes between the lines which ignites our attacks.

Those guys over redcafe were praising his performances in both games.
Getting unfair stick how? He was being touted as a 100m player here not too long ago lol.

Only person at the other extreme is @juve103423 (get a better nic). Everyone else who isn't saying he's a 100m player has been fairly accurate. Hardly overly critical, and they haven't taken their pitchforks out like people in the other camp do. And unlike Dybala, he can't do any better. It's the same Pjanic since Roma days. Good player but inconsistent and not WC.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic completely transforms the team, head and shoulders our best mid
Lmao

Last edited:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
So now some people have a problem with Pjanic? This forum is bonkers at times. He is easily among the very best midfielders in the world. It seems impossible for some people to grasp that football isn't only about scoring or dribbling. Losing Pjanic would be terrible.
Truesay, you dont know what you got till it's gone. Pjanic is WC, our stat padder deserves more respect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I swear, some people on here wouldn't rate Busquets or Kroos if they played for us.

Abilities like:

1. Receive the ball under pressure and not panic.
2. Make accurate forward passes between the lines.

Are incredibly underrated by football fans.

Pjanic has the ability to take a quick glimpse over his shoulder, then hit a perfect 50 meter pass to open up a counterattack (like he did to Cancelo against Man U away). There are very few players in the world with this kind of ability. Jorginho went to Chelsea for 65 ME, and he's a brilliant regista, but even he doesn't quite have Pjanic's vision or passing ability.

CHANCES CREATED (2018/19)
Miralem Pjanic - 33
Toni Kroos - 16
Marco Verratti - 11
Jorginho - 10
Thiago - 6

When you compare Pjanic to other players who play a similar role to him, he is very impressive and creative. Pogba plays a different role and position to Pjanic, so it's pointless to compare the two. Pogba should be compared to Isco, De Bruyne and Eriksen.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I swear, some people on here wouldn't rate Busquets or Kroos if they played for us.

Abilities like:

1. Receive the ball under pressure and not panic.
2. Make accurate forward passes between the lines.

Are incredibly underrated by football fans.

Pjanic has the ability to take a quick glimpse over his shoulder, then hit a perfect 50 meter pass to open up a counterattack (like he did to Cancelo against Man U away). There are very few players in the world with this kind of ability. Jorginho went to Chelsea for 65 ME, and he's a brilliant regista, but even he doesn't quite have Pjanic's vision or passing ability.

CHANCES CREATED (2018/19)
Miralem Pjanic - 33
Toni Kroos - 16
Marco Verratti - 11
Jorginho - 10
Thiago - 6

When you compare Pjanic to other players who play a similar role to him, he is very impressive and creative. Pogba plays a different role and position to Pjanic, so it's pointless to compare the two. Pogba should be compared to Isco, De Bruyne and Eriksen.
It's a nice attempt, but also a very one-sided and biased analysis. You have not taken minutes played into account, what are these chances created and why so selective in the players you compare to?
Pjanic doesn't do a big defensive duty, so you might as well compare him to players like Pogba, Isco and Eriksen. And another thing, we don't necessarily need a new limited 'regista' role, I would personally prefer a dynamic midfield duo.

I agree that those 2 things you mention are important for a midfielder. That's the main role of any midfielder, I don't think it's underrated. It's exactly my issue with Pjanic. He is not that good at it as his 'style and name' makes people think. He passes the ball back most of the time, he plays very slow. Once a while he delivers a good deep pass, but it's not that often, so even if you say he has that vision and however unique it is, then it's not for much use. Bentancur and Cuadrado currently does way more passing between the lines, to drive us forward.

Apr 19, 2007
It's a nice attempt, but also a very one-sided and biased analysis. You have not taken minutes played into account, what are these chances created and why so selective in the players you compare to?
Pjanic doesn't do a big defensive duty, so you might as well compare him to players like Pogba, Isco and Eriksen. And another thing, we don't necessarily need a new limited 'regista' role, I would personally prefer a dynamic midfield duo.

I agree that those 2 things you mention are important for a midfielder. That's the main role of any midfielder, I don't think it's underrated. It's exactly my issue with Pjanic. He is not that good at it as his 'style and name' makes people think. He passes the ball back most of the time, he plays very slow. Once a while he delivers a good deep pass, but it's not that often, so even if you say he has that vision and however unique it is, then it's not for much use. Bentancur and Cuadrado currently does way more passing between the lines, to drive us forward.
You think the proper analysis should be Pjanic with Isco and Irikson? This is why we cant discuss . Its not comparable and pjanic does put in the defensive work

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Minutes played doesn’t change anything. Pjanic has played 805 minutes, Kroos 810, Jorginho 966 and Thiago and Verratti have also played a similar amount of minutes (around 800, can’t remember exactly how much).

Those players I selected are some of the best in their position and they play a similar role to Pjanic.

Pjanic doesn't do a big defensive duty, so you might as well compare him to players like Pogba, Isco and Eriksen.
Pjanic is much better defensively than you give him credit for (the stats back this up). Pogba, Isco and Eriksen play a fundamentally different role and I don’t understand why this is so hard to grasp.

Oh, and Pogba has created a total of 17 chances this season, while playing more minutes than Pjanic.

Apr 19, 2007
Maybe some of the unfair criticism is based on the fact that he doesnt have a dynamic midfielder to complement him thus taking the blame for distribution,Defense,and alsodynamic offensive plays all by himself although he plays in a 3 man midfield. Id still like to see Berna at rcm just to see how that would work. Could be easily transitioned into a 4-2-3-1 and I think Matuidi and Pjanic could handle the defensive duties

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,919
    Revealed: Which Juventus player Man United asked in return for Pogba last summer
    Pjanic.Pogba.combo.2018.356x237.png

SHOW GALLERY
    04 November at 17:50

Paul Pogba will return to Turin on Wednesday evening, but he will do it as an opponent in the Champions League clash between Juventus and Manchester United, with the Frenchman, whose relationship with Jose Mourinho is not ideal, to say the least, being linked to the Bianconeri on a regular basis by various news outlets.

And according to Gianluca di Marzio from Sky Sports, Juventus tried to bring Pogba back to the club in the last days of the last summer transfer window.

A very difficult attempt, given the firm intention of United not to give up its midfield star, one of the most representative players of the team who cost over 100 million euros only two seasons ago.

The English club responded it clearly: to sell Pogba, the Red Devils' management would have asked Juventus to give them a player deemed irreplaceable by Allegri: Miralem Pjanic. Without any surprises, the suggestion was refused by the Turin-based club.
    https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...t.co&utm_medium=account&utm_campaign=autopost

:numnum::fab:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)