Miralem Pjanić (15 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I like Pjanic but as I've said many times, I don't see him as a top tier champion, I don't think he has the mentality for it. He varies from brilliant to very good as long as the going is good, but isn't always there when things are tough.

That said if you sell a player like that you have to sign a similar player, and it's another huge complication we can do without.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, good luck in getting Thiago.
You don't like him?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think Man City is a far more realistic option than Chelsea. They missed out on Jorginho and can offer CL football, whereas I don't see where he would fit alongside Jorginho in Chelsea's mid.

That said why leave Juve? The midfield is virtually built around him and Serie A suits him perfectly, he can play in the same team in Ronaldo and he has a realistic chance of winning the CL and becoming a part of a historic team.

I think he is underestimated here. He is pretty much our only creative midfielder, the number of goals/assists he brings each season is excellent, plus has put in some top performances in Europe (he was superb away to Real).

I agree that he isn't often the most consistent but when he doesn't play we drop a level, just look at the home game v Real.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think Man City is a far more realistic option than Chelsea. They missed out on Jorginho and can offer CL football, whereas I don't see where he would fit alongside Jorginho in Chelsea's mid.

That said why leave Juve? The midfield is virtually built around him and Serie A suits him perfectly, he can play in the same team in Ronaldo and he has a realistic chance of winning the CL and becoming a part of a historic team.

I think he is underestimated here. He is pretty much our only creative midfielder, the number of goals/assists he brings each season is excellent, plus has put in some top performances in Europe (he was superb away to Real).

I agree that he isn't often the most consistent but when he doesn't play we drop a level, just look at the home game v Real.
Nowadays you have to sometimes take that "He can play with champions here and win the CL" argument as not a definite answer. Because nowadays a lot of players prefer the money because well, thats their job and apart from glory and success, they want to earn money. Its simple.

If he is 28, this is his last chance to get a megaraise for the upcoming 4 years. After that, he enters in "retirement" terrotory and no way he will be ale to ask for major dollars.

If his priority is to make some big bucks to secure his future even more, then i think is easy to understand if he is thinking about an offer.

Not everyone is thinking about glory and CL. Money is also a factor,.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Quite overrated for me. Because he plays as many good games as he does poor ones.

Away to Real? Sure, absolute brilliance.
Home to Sampdoria? Utter disgrace. We improved massively when he went off.

As for his stats: he delivers 1 goal or assist every 210 minutes.
Khedira every 205 minutes.

That puts things in perspective.

If we can find a way to play to his strengths, where he's able to play a bit higher with some more freedom, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'd say it's time to move on.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Quite overrated for me. Because he plays as many good games as he does poor ones.

If we can find a way to play to his strengths, where he's able to play a bit higher with some more freedom, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'd say it's time to move on.
I'd agree that he isn't consistent enough at times, particularly after the winter break this season. But I think he is one of the few who can help us compete at a top level, as he did against Real away. If we are going to push the CL I am more concerned with players who can do it in these sort of games.

Not sure about your stats, per Transfermarkt in the past 2 seasons he has scored/assisted every 163 mins, which is pretty impressive. Khedira has one every 279 mins, although both play very different roles.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

khedira stats skewed by fact that he has a hattrick and a brace in those minutes.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Was Pjanic really that good last season?
To me hes the kind of player who really shines every now and then, but not the man who lift the team all the way in CL.
Yes he was great , for me he is our best player. If he had guys like Pogba,Vidal,Marchisio on their prime people would g crazy over him .

We must not sell him , he is way better than Verratti,Tiago,Pogba,SMS .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Only reason people think pjanic is not good cuz u guys got spoiled by 4 years of having the likes of pirlo pogba and Vidal.

Pjanic is very very goood and a key player for us.

Saying he has bad matches is not a reason to knock him down. Every player had bad matches. And midfielders especially in key roles like him are likely to be noticed for performances due to having everything in mid go through them

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't want us to sell him. No more sell one to buy one, but how would it be a downgrade?
The Koala Vulture hybrid is both a physical and mental midget, with injury and disciplinary issues. Thiago is a very good player, but I rate Pjanic slightly higher; he also has his injury issues, and with our great medical team he'd probably be missing 30% to 40% of the time.

Apr 19, 2007
Why talk about getting rod of him when we dont have a good option to impove us. The one player I would love is Kante. Move Pjanic higher and be able to dominate more attacks without losing defensively. We should be looking to help Pjanic out not to trade him in. I hope he would not want to move out

Mar 30, 2006
Ugh..

Pjanic hires an agent that can facilitate a transfer ie. Pjanic wants to leave.
I would be sad to see our best midfielder go but if he does go I think it would facilitate another big name midfielder coming to replace him. And since we have so much offensive talent in the wing positions we dont depend on creative center mids like pirlo and pjanic as much as we did. We could play Can or Betancur as a more defensive option and buy a physical box to box player like Pogba to join the attack while moving most of our creativity up the flanks.

If we buy a midfielder I would want either: Pogba, Kante, SMS or Alcantara. All of them are different but all of them would give us something we can use and adapt into the team

- - - Updated - - -

Why talk about getting rod of him when we dont have a good option to impove us. The one player I would love is Kante. Move Pjanic higher and be able to dominate more attacks without losing defensively. We should be looking to help Pjanic out not to trade him in. I hope he would not want to move out
If we got Kante I think it would allow us to play with 2 center mids and dominate instead of getting over run like we do against big teams with 2 CM.
It would be the perfect signing to use the 4231. If we sign a more creative midfielder I think Can or Bentancur can take the defensive holding mid role and the offensive player can connect with the attack.

------Ronaldo
Costa---Dybala--Cuadrado
------Kante----Can------

That would actually be amazing and we would be so much improved in midfield protection with playing that formation instead of Khedira and Pjanic. The creativity lost in pjanic would be made up for by having all those creative talents on the field and the Kante -- Can duo would just play simple passes while focusing on protection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)