Miralem Pjanić (41 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
From this game alone you'd think Pjanic would do well to never pass to Higuain ever again.

That one pass over the top to the back post in the 1st half is insane and Higuain just pulls out of it.

This is why I always say it takes 2 players to make a pass work. Sometimes when people complain Pjanic is anonymous it's really because there is nothing for him to find. Imagine him aiming at Mbappe or something.
:agree:

I notice this all the time. Higuain moves terribly off ball this year. Even with crosses. Early in the season Costa, Cuadrado and others put in a large number of fantastic crosses into dangerous spots in the box and no one would be there. Higgy would be standing still on the shoulder of a defender and not even make an attempt to move onto the ball. It happens with crosses, through balls, lobs over the top. He just doesn't anticipate these things and move. It's disappointing, because this was always one of his best aspects at Napoli and Madrid, making himself available for players like Pjanic to play in.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Mira is so becoming a new Pirlo.So authoritative playing.Sees everything,excellent passing.I adore him.Not to mention his free kick abilities.

pjanke

Dec 24, 2017
Pjanic as Pirlo
Determination, of course, but also men capable of being decisive, always. The bianconeri victory inevitably passes from them too. "When you have a player like Pjanic everything is easier - says Capello - he is one that when he receives the ball dribbles, moves well, he has great technique. He is the only player who remembers a little Pirlo. This is why Allegri wanted to bring it to Juventus. With the two medians next and all the help from the midfield has improved a lot in a vintage ".

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Agree but that's because Max choices... Last year we had Alves, AS, Pjanic and Paulo to create... this year only Pjanic is being consistently doing it and a lot of that have to do with Max's decisions
I agree. I wish Max didn't choose for Alex Sandro and Dybala to suck for half the season. Why would he choose that, who knows? But it's clear they suck because of his decisions.

Good thing we have more goals per game this year than last or else we'd be in trouble.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I agree. I wish Max didn't choose for Alex Sandro and Dybala to suck for half the season. Why would he choose that, who knows? But it's clear they suck because of his decisions.

Good thing we have more goals per game this year than last or else we'd be in trouble.
You think Dybala has sucked for half a season? Granted he has slowed down, but being 2nd best creator in the team after Pjanic and 15 goals in around 20 games is far from suckling.

Alex Sandro has clearly regressed a bit, but also with him people over exaggerating to the degree that happend. I seen him have fine games and people still critique him heavily, just because it's the lingering habit to do it after weak performances previously.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
You think Dybala has sucked for half a season? Granted he has slowed down, but being 2nd best creator in the team after Pjanic and 15 goals in around 20 games is far from suckling.

Alex Sandro has clearly regressed a bit, but also with him people over exaggerating to the degree that happend. I seen him have fine games and people still critique him heavily, just because it's the lingering habit to do it after weak performances previously.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Since September he has 2 goals. He hasn't sucked for half a season straight. But if you add up 6 CL games and most of the games in Nov/Dec it probably adds up to half a season altogether. He's started like 20 games? He's probably sucked in almost 10 of them I'd say. Maybe 8? I dunno. It's close to half a season's worth IMO.

Alex Sandro is trending back up.

But anyways my sarcastic point was that it's not really Max's decisions that makes players perform badly. He basically only started changing things when they started to drop form. It's literally the opposite.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Of course is Max's fault. Paulo started the season in an awesome form but Max was more concern about Pipa awful form... so he put Paulo again far from goal to make room and assit better to Pipa

After two missed penalties, Max said like for a month in every conference and knowing Paulo and how affected he was after Milan missed penalties against Donna, it was obvious it was a terrible idea

He started to even let others to take FK and a horrible penalty kicker like Pipa take it for him. Max keep saying he want Paulo to have a 20 goal+20 assist season, WTH is that? why cant he have more goal than fatburger, cuz Dybala has to assist... so everything is on Max

AS has being qquite inconsistently and even in his worst games he's better than Asa... for rotation is ok but against someone like Merda u can't use Asa instead AS... so it's kind it shows how Max is handling everything

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Of course is Max's fault. Paulo started the season in an awesome form but Max was more concern about Pipa awful form... so he put Paulo again far from goal to make room and assit better to Pipa

After two missed penalties, Max said like for a month in every conference and knowing Paulo and how affected he was after Milan missed penalties against Donna, it was obvious it was a terrible idea

He started to even let others to take FK and a horrible penalty kicker like Pipa take it for him. Max keep saying he want Paulo to have a 20 goal+20 assist season, WTH is that? why cant he have more goal than fatburger, cuz Dybala has to assist... so everything is on Max

AS has being qquite inconsistently and even in his worst games he's better than Asa... for rotation is ok but against someone like Merda u can't use Asa instead AS... so it's kind it shows how Max is handling everything
How does it feel to be totally clueless?

Apr 19, 2007

Ill give it a go
Dybala has been out of form and thats pretty clear lately. So this is on Max?
First off nothing is as simple as 1 player is out of form and its the coaches fault.
Our defense was extremely leaky at the beginning of the year. Yes max put more responsibility on some players to help out until we could get that fixed. So did Max ruin Dybala at the cost of 7 straight clean sheets or whatever? Maybe but that doesnt discount the fact that he is missing easy goals and isnt being decisive enough. We have basically the same mids and attack as last year but our D has changed. Its making the team change on how we work the ball up the field because it went through Bonucci,Alves and Sandro last year and then moved up. Those three arent here or in Sandros case not producing. When Dybala starts making the most of his chances he will get starts and we can change the formation or put him as the 9 but until then he is a liability defensively and not producing offensively so he will rest and get his mind right.

If you see this as Maxs fault thats fine but this is team Juve not team Dybala like everyone seems to think. If he was that crucial to our team then our form would drop when hes not in but its the opposite. So its maxs fault that we are getting results by not catering to Dybalas needy self by winning 4-2 like we were when he was on form. Thats not Juve

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Ill give it a go
Dybala has been out of form and thats pretty clear lately. So this is on Max?
First off nothing is as simple as 1 player is out of form and its the coaches fault.
Our defense was extremely leaky at the beginning of the year. Yes max put more responsibility on some players to help out until we could get that fixed. So did Max ruin Dybala at the cost of 7 straight clean sheets or whatever? Maybe but that doesnt discount the fact that he is missing easy goals and isnt being decisive enough. We have basically the same mids and attack as last year but our D has changed. Its making the team change on how we work the ball up the field because it went through Bonucci,Alves and Sandro last year and then moved up. Those three arent here or in Sandros case not producing. When Dybala starts making the most of his chances he will get starts and we can change the formation or put him as the 9 but until then he is a liability defensively and not producing offensively so he will rest and get his mind right.

If you see this as Maxs fault thats fine but this is team Juve not team Dybala like everyone seems to think. If he was that crucial to our team then our form would drop when hes not in but its the opposite. So its maxs fault that we are getting results by not catering to Dybalas needy self by winning 4-2 like we were when he was on form. Thats not Juve
I agree with putting the Team first and Dybala is just a player, my issue is about our current tactic and how Max didn't even try to build a team around our best player. Paulo after the final against Milan he was obviously quite affected by his missed penalty, I even read comments from him two and three months after

This year Paulo missed two important penalties and Max decided to recall it every single moment. I know Paulo is a pro and he should knows how to handle it better but still... I didn't read just one opinion of the players besides Alves about how Max lost control in the half time against RM or how great he handle the situation with one of our captains or how childish he was yelling like a little girl in front of his bosses.

At the same time Max decided to put Paulo away from the box one more time cuz Pipa wasn't doing anything at all, zero goals and zero contribution in any way... So Max desicions and opinions have a lot to do with Paulo's form IMO

Apr 19, 2007
I agree with putting the Team first and Dybala is just a player, my issue is about our current tactic and how Max didn't even try to build a team around our best player. Paulo after the final against Milan he was obviously quite affected by his missed penalty, I even read comments from him two and three months after

This year Paulo missed two important penalties and Max decided to recall it every single moment. I know Paulo is a pro and he should knows how to handle it better but still... I didn't read just one opinion of the players besides Alves about how Max lost control in the half time against RM or how great he handle the situation with one of our captains or how childish he was yelling like a little girl in front of his bosses.

At the same time Max decided to put Paulo away from the box one more time cuz Pipa wasn't doing anything at all, zero goals and zero contribution in any way... So Max desicions and opinions have a lot to do with Paulo's form IMO
Ok but its not his fault that Dybala cant play in the best way to help the team win. If he was more clinical in front of goal he could be the 9 but he stopped scoring so at that point we need to find a different solution. Higgy isnt on fire either so I think Dybala will get a shot soon and he will at that point truly be judged. Dybala isnt at the level to build your whole team around him IMO. Some people think hes ready and others dont but I think their are only a few players changing the way you play for and hes not one of them YET. Like I said he will get his run again and then he can be judged but for now he has underperfromed

Im not disagreeing with you entirely but the notion that its his fault implies he was wrong to do what he did and I think thats where we might differ. I do think Max knows we need Dybala on our run in the CL so he used a good slow period to let him recollect and get back into it mentally to give him that fire back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)