Miralem Pjanić (43 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Pjanic is a better FK taker than Dybala. He gave him the first and it almost went in. But on the 2nd shot, Pjanic had the benefit of being able to surprise the keeper as he'd be expecting another attempt from Dybala. So you figure Pjanic's chances are even greater. Especially since it is a right footed shot starting out right at the wall. The keeper can't see it. If he even flinches in the opposite direction, the one Dybala would pick, it's a sure goal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The free kick position was more suited to a lefty though.

I personally think Berna should have taken the second FK.
It's more suited for a lefty but where Pjanic was aiming is actually really easy for him to hit. And with the bonus of the keeper being stunned (which I think he was), I would bet on that going in 8/10.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He looks for options very deep, sometimes it'd be better if he move himself the ball, going forward creating space and own the midfield more a la Marchisio

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Was good to get it on net but IMO had 3 more feet of the goal to shoot at. Usually have to sneak one in the corner unless maybe the wall breaks down.
I was a bit preoccupied changing some guitar strings at the time, so maybe need to take another look... first blush live during the match, though, looked like a pretty full stretch by Perin. I actually gave him a little clap. :D

Regardless, just a joy to have this guy taking set pieces. A wizard on the ball!

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I was a bit preoccupied changing some guitar strings at the time, so maybe need to take another look... first blush live during the match, though, looked like a pretty full stretch by Perin. I actually gave him a little clap. :D

Regardless, just a joy to have this guy taking set pieces. A wizard on the ball!
Honestly, when first watched it thought it was a 10+ save also! Replay showed shot had more room but still quality save. And agree having this guy do the set pieces is a God send!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)