Miralem Pjanić (102 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pjanic is not a player that takes a struggling team on his shoulders. He's the type of player who takes a functioning team to another level.

There are lots of creative players like that. If he had Vidal's athleticism then he'd have gone for 100M but instead we got him for 30M. He's highly dependent on his teammates unless it's a dead ball. But if his teammates are playing well, he will amplify them.
Exactly that. While our midfield remains unsettled he'll be the same. Classic good time player. Never liked them but it is what it is. Hopefully Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira gets a settled run, with Lemina subbing out the latter from time to time, and the odd Hernanes game for Marchisio. Pjanic can play all the time :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Pjanic is not a player that takes a struggling team on his shoulders. He's the type of player who takes a functioning team to another level.

There are lots of creative players like that. If he had Vidal's athleticism then he'd have gone for 100M but instead we got him for 30M. He's highly dependent on his teammates unless it's a dead ball. But if his teammates are playing well, he will amplify them.
I used to have this vision, but today's game was a game he could have dominated in the 2nd half. He could have been more assertive. Lack of movement didn't help, but he kept throwing small lobbies to Mandzukic, it was frustrating. This has nothing to do with setup. It has mostly, to do, with his playing style/his mentality.

Honestly this simply seems to be his characteristic. I mean, the guy has delivered assists/goals. It just happens that he plays without edge.

We should try to get him going till the end of the season, but should already consider other possibilities. He's been consistently poor.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Didn't think he was as bad as some others on here think. Saw more fight in him today and I'm sure he'll come good.
:agree:

He was fine today, didn't ghost or disappear. His final ball was poor. Which happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Guy is a cancer. He may sleepwalk 100 miles per game, I don't care. He's too lethargic to play at this level. He absolutely failed every match we had against decent teams so far.

I think he should get chances till the end of the season, given his talent.

But to me it's becoming clear that the problem is not who surrounds him or how many midfielders we have. It's only him.
Your whining is borderline unbearable and truly pathetic.

The cancer is not Juventus mentality, nor Pjanic, nor Allegri, nor our management (or any of the other myriad possibilities you bitch about), it's your attitude as a Juventus fan.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
We ain't winning no CL with this midfield 2.0
Next season Vidal will come back to make things right after he looses the finals with Bayern this season. :vidal:

- - - Updated - - -

They're gonna loose to us.

- - - Updated - - -

EuroMax will stumble his way to the CL title

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010

He was fine today, didn't ghost or disappear. His final ball was poor. Which happens.
I wouldn't say he was fine... he played an average game. He didn't make any grave mistakes, but his passing was decidedly sub-par. And we bought him to provide that. What's more, it has been that way for the majority of the season so far. I don't know if it's because he is having trouble with our tactics and his role or what (more likely he is too used to having a Nainggolan next to him), but so far he is not living up to his price tag.

I do have faith he will find a rich vein of form once everyone is healthy again, he has too much talent not to, but it's abundantly obvious that our midfield has regressed in a big way, and Pjanic's performances thus far 100% have played a part in that.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Didn't think he was as bad as some others on here think. Saw more fight in him today and I'm sure he'll come good.
Unfortunately he's not in there for his fight. We were playing with a single forward and, in a way, four wingers. Miralem's task was clear but he really struggled to make any kind of impression on things. Hoping that when we peak he follows the momentum and pulls out some big performances when we need them the most. Until then I'm concerned that we've finally miscalculated a transfer.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Another terrible performance. I think he must be having a worse pass percentage than Pogba and that says a lot. Guy just shrinks when pressed.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Your whining is borderline unbearable and truly pathetic.

The cancer is not Juventus mentality, nor Pjanic, nor Allegri, nor our management (or any of the other myriad possibilities you bitch about), it's your attitude as a Juventus fan.
fuck off and use the ignore option. I'm not posting for you.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Exactly that. While our midfield remains unsettled he'll be the same. Classic good time player. Never liked them but it is what it is. Hopefully Pjanic - Marchisio - Khedira gets a settled run, with Lemina subbing out the latter from time to time, and the odd Hernanes game for Marchisio. Pjanic can play all the time :D
I guess we need to prepare to be outmuscled & overrun against all somewhat decent sides.

We ain't winning no CL with this midfield 2.0
That much is obvious.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Was awful again yesterday. We needed to play the ball fast to open up more spaces in defense but he kept the ball with him a few more seconds than necessary ALL THE TIME.

Also didn't make the right decisions, always tried to play the "genius ball" when he had better options.

He just doesn't cut it for me at all, at least not yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)