Miloš Krasić (1 Viewer)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Krasic should do a better job with the addition of Licht, a RB that is capable of overlapping and crossing which should make opponents think twice before double teaming Krasic out wide. He only needs to work on his shot. Playing him on the right side limit his options to cut inside since his left foot is useless, maybe playing him on the left side after developing a nice shot would make him look a bit more dangerous on goal instead of just out running defenders in straight line on the right side and crossing after.

Oh well, you know how things are around. What pisses me off the most, that coaches in Italy would rather have a player that is ok at playing several positions, than having a solid player for one or two positions. This, along with many other factors has caused Italian football to sink badly in recent years.
First part I agree which is why I keep saying he needs to build chemistry with our RB so they understand each other's movements. It's harder marking 2 players that understand each other well on one side versus just one that runs in a straight line.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not denying any of this but it baffles me how you see so many limitations from Krasic's game but ignore so much about Marchisio's. I just don't get it.
I'd like to add one more thing and I can't edit posts from my work PC, so sorry about that:

But, Krasic's lack of defending is going to through a massive amount of strain on our RB and if we can't maintain possession I promise you that you are going to see it. As far as Marchisio drifting in and out of matches he rarely puts the defense under that kind of strain because he isn't afraid to challenge anyone for the ball, you don't see that enough from Krasic. As a result, play from opposition stemming from our right side will be more effective than when they come down through the middle IMO...that's just what I think from a tactical point of view.

As long as Marchisio doesn't do anything like that stupid challenge before he was subbed out against Milan, very Melo-esque, I don't see how he isn't effective, rather I don't see how he is as ineffective as many here claim. I'm sorry, I look and watch as much of him as I can and just don't see it to the effect it's claimed around here.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Krasic is similar to Walcott. One important journalist once said about Walcott:

"He doesn't understand the game. He is an athlete. Without his pace he would never be able to play football."

The same is true for Krasic. Too bad he could be lethal with a more developed football brain. That said I still think he can be effective on some occasions, but if we want to be a serious team again, he can't be a starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)