Milan-Juventus (16 Viewers)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

What's your point? Ancelotti has been at Milan since 2001, starting out with a good base of players and modelling the squad to fit the system he wanted. Milan bought players such as Nesta, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Rivaldo, and others for Ancelotti to have a very good team to work with. It took Ancelotti almost two years to finally guide his side to a title, the CL in 2003. It took Ancelotti three years to finally win the Scudetto after building perhaps the best squad in the world.

This year Capello took the job of bringing Juventus back on track, basically making do with the same base squad as last year. Currently we are level on points with Ancelotti's Milan and reached the Quarter-finals of the CL, much more than Carlo did during his first season with Milan. If you are going to judge the two managers fairly you will see that Capello has had a better start at his new enviornment than Ancelotti a few years ago, and you must factor in that Ancelotti has the better squad between the two currently. And also, Capello's history speaks for itself. You might not like him, however it's unfair to judge him solely on what Ancelotti has done at Milan. Capello has not even been here for a year yet.
:thumb:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Nice one... but imo...

Capello, Lippi, Ancelotti, Trapatoni...
I meant for the whole pole, but yes i agree with your ratings.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
oh yes....lets go 4-3-3 like psv did tonight and score 3 goals!!!!!
Lilianna 4-3-3 wont work at san siro without spirit. the spirit of winning the scudetto plus Milan won't defend so we can't play 4-3-3 and give them spaces to attack. PSV was fighting cuz it was their last chance to qualify by 2 goals or more . evey match has a private calculations !

About us we need that spirit , cuz we have only the scudetto left this season, and if we did not win this match we will say as usual come on we were close. so we must do it now and show our strong personality at san siro infront the 80000 spectators and infront the whole world. its a big match and juve knows how to deal with these kind of matches.

i believe that the spirit of winning the scudetto will make the difference not the formations at this match.

juve will be under pressure from his fans , media and the administration to win this match or draw at least otherwise it's ganna be a disaster finishing the season without a champoinship while having a good coach and good players.

Juve will win sunday match

arrego sacchi

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Nice one... but imo...

Capello, Lippi, Ancelotti, Trapatoni...

same with me !!!

trap was good when he was in charge of juve, but i hate him because he let italy down in WC and Euro, this is my own opinion.

among the 4 coaches, lippi has the best record with juve, but i am sure a couple of years later, capello will be the best in juve history !!!:cool:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Lippi is as good as Capello. And both of them are a level above Ancelotti either ways. Furthermore, if Lippi brings the Azzuri their fourth world cup crown next summer then he would in my opinion be Italy's greatest coach of all time. Not that he isnt close to being that already. Most of the people here who think Lippi had done his time with Juve and his ideas were old, only because of the results last season, actually forgt that he built a team over the three years in his second spell, and it was merely completing its winning cycle. Lippi wasnt to blame for that - because they had pretty much gone as far as they could in that time. I dont think Capello could have done much more with the team Lippi had.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++

Lilianna 4-3-3 wont work at san siro without spirit. the spirit of winning the scudetto plus Milan won't defend so we can't play 4-3-3 and give them spaces to attack. PSV was fighting cuz it was their last chance to qualify by 2 goals or more . evey match has a private calculations !

About us we need that spirit , cuz we have only the scudetto left this season, and if we did not win this match we will say as usual come on we were close. so we must do it now and show our strong personality at san siro infront the 80000 spectators and infront the whole world. its a big match and juve knows how to deal with these kind of matches.

i believe that the spirit of winning the scudetto will make the difference not the formations at this match.

juve will be under pressure from his fans , media and the administration to win this match or draw at least otherwise it's ganna be a disaster finishing the season without a champoinship while having a good coach and good players.

Juve will win sunday match

arrego sacchi
I agreee with liliana, we need to go out there and attack..we cant be defending all the time, they will score...but then again Juve's defense is not like all others, we don't crack as easily even if we do go all out defensive.
The midfield is very important though, if we allow their midfield time and space we will lose.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
if we have to play 2 rounds of playoff to decide the champion, we will be better off

1. we will have zlatan
2. all the brazilian will be called up to NT (emerson, kaka, cafu, dida)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
juve have to keep possesion better not as many long balls and juve have to play at a quicker tempo than we have seen in other big matches this season.

for me cafu is milans weak link, yes he gets forward well but if we have a player running one on one against him he is dodgy, also it would be good if maldini is out but id say he will play true the pain barrier.

also camo on his day has a great set piece delivery this is where juve will look to breach the milan defence.

i think we should go with a 4-4-2 simple because we need someone on the bench capable of comming in and changing the game.

I think i would start del piero and zalayeta and introduce trez as a second half sub.

I am confident juve can at least get a draw having seen milan lasts few games. I know juve will create chances but we have to make these chances count in the big matches

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #336
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

2. all the brazilian will be called up to NT (emerson, kaka, cafu, dida)
    They can refuse to go.

Aug 1, 2003
    I wouldnt want a play off at all ... Many think this match will be a title decider (it probably is) but looking at our fixtures even after sunday's game anything can happen

still, nothing less than a draw. Sometimes I feel that Juve & Milan have a personal agreement on drawing :D of course, that wouldnt make sense though

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    About 50% chance of loss and everything else is a win.
    I think Milan will lose atleast one of the upcoming four games (the luck got to end some time) so if we lose I think this will go to playoff, when we will have Zlatan back from suspension and Mutu back from D-tox...

Milan games left: Juventus, Lecce, Palermo, Udinese

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    About 50% chance of loss and everything else is a win.
    I think Milan will lose atleast one of the upcoming four games (the luck got to end some time) so if we lose I think this will go to playoff, when we will have Zlatan back from suspension and Mutu back from D-tox...

Milan games left: Juventus, Lecce, Palermo, Udinese
    I've always dreamed that at the crucial moments at the end of this season their luck would FINALLY run out :devil:

Oh dear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)