Milan-Juventus (1 Viewer)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Again you fail. With the squad that Ancelotti has and the squad that Capello has, both teams are equal in points in the league. This means Capello can give more from the players, thus a better coach.

Now you will tell me that Ancelotti reached the CL final where we were knocked out in the quarter final. You have a very strong argument here, but again I will tell you about the squad quality for both managers, the injuries that Juventus are suffering and the luck that Milan are having (perfect example is still fresh from PSV encounter).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I know my history Andrew, I know Capello won the CL with Milan, but I was talking about nowadays, Football changed, Capello is no-where near Ancelotti....
What's your point? Ancelotti has been at Milan since 2001, starting out with a good base of players and modelling the squad to fit the system he wanted. Milan bought players such as Nesta, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Rivaldo, and others for Ancelotti to have a very good team to work with. It took Ancelotti almost two years to finally guide his side to a title, the CL in 2003. It took Ancelotti three years to finally win the Scudetto after building perhaps the best squad in the world.

This year Capello took the job of bringing Juventus back on track, basically making do with the same base squad as last year. Currently we are level on points with Ancelotti's Milan and reached the Quarter-finals of the CL, much more than Carlo did during his first season with Milan. If you are going to judge the two managers fairly you will see that Capello has had a better start at his new enviornment than Ancelotti a few years ago, and you must factor in that Ancelotti has the better squad between the two currently. And also, Capello's history speaks for itself. You might not like him, however it's unfair to judge him solely on what Ancelotti has done at Milan. Capello has not even been here for a year yet.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Capello is better than Ancelotti. QED.

The stats say it all. Lemme ask a question, who is better overall in the UCL? Madrid or Milan? When you are making such comparisons, you have to bring in the history, and not just the present, because today's reality will be tommorow's history.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #308
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

This year Capello took the job of bringing Juventus back on track, basically making do with the same base squad as last year.
    That's not entirely correct. Capello got to buy players he wanted. It's his fault that he didn't create a good team. IMO the players he got didn't live up to expectations. So we should blame Capello for the weaknesses of our team. That said, no one can deny Capello is a great coach. Ancelotti has everything it takes to become great, but IMO he's still unproven.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

That's not entirely correct. Capello got to buy players he wanted. It's his fault that he didn't create a good team. IMO the players he got didn't live up to expectations. So we should blame Capello for the weaknesses of our team. That said, no one can deny Capello is a great coach. Ancelotti has everything it takes to become great, but IMO he's still unproven.
    Lets at least wait until this summer transfer window. We could do some shrewd moves.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #310
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Lets at least wait until this summer transfer window. We could do some shrewd moves.
    True. But somehow I think Capello only brings fighting spirit to Juventus. It's nice that we have a few fighters in our ranks, but he's turning Juventus in a very uncreative side.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I think we are only seeing this uncreative football this season because its what is making us win. I mean, when Capello had all the players he wanted at his disposal, he kicked arse at roma.

I have a feeling after this summer, we will see a new juventus.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
    Capello is 99.9 % better then Ancelotti !!

btw... Milan = LUCKY! (psv game) (and the hole season)
    :thumb:

we all know Ancelloti very well, he spend 2 or three seasons with Juve and failled to win anything (if i am not mistaken) and that was in the presence of Zidan who was the best player that time(still IMO)

about Milan
    CL, they are the second best after Real
    Calcio, they are the second best after Juve

so Milan is second best and will always be at least for the next 100 years

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    we should have a new thread in the polls
    who is the best coach in Italy?

Cap
    Lippi
    Ancelotti

and just add 2 more to the list and lets start voting

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    The only reason Azzurri7 dislikes Capello is because he was man enough to sub DP consistantly. If it's not the only reason it is the main reason.

I know you will insult me for this Azzurri7 but I'm not too bothered about that seeing as 99.9% of your posts are pure crap.

I can't think of too many coaches who are better than Capello in WORLD football, let alone in Italy.

You constantly bring up what DP has done in the past as a reason for him still being great - why do you not think the same of Capello then? Capello's record is fantastic. Why is this argument ok for DP and not for Capello? I smell hypocracy.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
    The only reason Azzurri7 dislikes Capello is because he was man enough to sub DP consistantly. If it's not the only reason it is the main reason.

I know you will insult me for this Azzurri7 but I'm not too bothered about that seeing as 99.9% of your posts are pure crap.

I can't think of too many coaches who are better than Capello in WORLD football, let alone in Italy.

You constantly bring up what DP has done in the past as a reason for him still being great - why do you not think the same of Capello then? Capello's record is fantastic. Why is this argument ok for DP and not for Capello? I smell hypocracy.
    Oh monkfish, you sum up what we all think :touched:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #319
    ++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++

They're both doing pretty will in the present. You should acknowledge that as well. If we're going to talk about records, one should be man enough to acknowledge that DP's statistics this season are pretty good.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
    we should have a new thread in the polls
    who is the best coach in Italy?

Cap
    Lippi
    Ancelotti

and just add 2 more to the list and lets start voting

1. lippi
    2. cap
    3. ancelotti

68923. trap

hold on, how many coach r there in italy :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)