Milan-Juventus (11 Viewers)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

That's wad I'm thinking, somehow we enjoyed defending. Maybe fatigue comes to mind, and with fatigue u lose a great deal of concentration. I think that Capello is afraid that we would be caught in the counter attack, especially with 6 attackers in Milan.
It's just asking for trouble, sitting back and having Milan come at you almost non-stop for 45 minutes. In the end we were quite lucky when it didn't need to be that way.

For those who only saw the second half, I recommend watching the first as it was a completely different Juve, and it was a great performance. One of the best this season easily.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
grande juve..
it is clear that you can not controll milan for 90 minutes.. great heart from juve. Buffon was outstanding... we just have to keep winning..

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Great game, one of the best this season, where everyone played great.

My ratings:

Buffon [7.5] - Great performance from Buffon. Proved once again that he is still the World's best.

Pessotto [6] - He was pretty good, did well to block Milan's left wing, especially Seedorf.

Thuram [9] - A legend. The best player on the pitch today. Especially loved the way he reacted to Pippo's punch on him.

Cannavaro [9] - Same as Thuram.

Zambrotta [8.5] - Great game for Zambrotta too, especially in the first half. He defended, ran and attacked. Brilliant job to stop Cafu and Gattuso. His runs were great too.

Camoranesi [7.5] - He was unfortunate to get injured. Still great game for him too. He didnt make any single error.

Nedved [7] - Looked tired in the first half, but did good in the second. Good job in stopping Kaka.

Emerson [7.5] - As someone here said, when Emerson is on the pitch, our team looks more safe. A midfield warrior.

Appiah [7] - Appart from one dodgy pass in the first half, he did his job in the best way.

Del Piero [7.5] - Didnt have a good start to the match, but after that assist, he was simply great. WTG Captain. :thumb:

Trezeguet [7.5] - He was silent most of the time, but was there when we most needed him.

Birindelli, Blasi, Zalayeta no ratings.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Lilian Thuram.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Great game, one of the best this season, where everyone played great.

My ratings:

Buffon [7.5] - Great performance from Buffon. Proved once again that he is still the World's best.

Pessotto [6] - He was pretty good, did well to block Milan's left wing, especially Seedorf.

Thuram [9] - A legend. The best player on the pitch today. Especially loved the way he reacted to Pippo's punch on him.

Cannavaro [9] - Same as Thuram.

Zambrotta [8.5] - Great game for Zambrotta too, especially in the first half. He defended, ran and attacked. Brilliant job to stop Cafu and Gattuso. His runs were great too.

Camoranesi [7.5] - He was unfortunate to get injured. Still great game for him too. He didnt make any single error.

Nedved [7] - Looked tired in the first half, but did good in the second. Good job in stopping Kaka.

Emerson [7.5] - As someone here said, when Emerson is on the pitch, our team looks more safe. A midfield warrior.

Appiah [7] - Appart from one dodgy pass in the first half, he did his job in the best way.

Del Piero [7.5] - Didnt have a good start to the match, but after that assist, he was simply great. WTG Captain. :thumb:

Trezeguet [7.5] - He was silent most of the time, but was there when we most needed him.

Birindelli, Blasi, Zalayeta no ratings.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Lilian Thuram.
agreed :thumb:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++

It's just asking for trouble, sitting back and having Milan come at you almost non-stop for 45 minutes. In the end we were quite lucky when it didn't need to be that way.

For those who only saw the second half, I recommend watching the first as it was a completely different Juve, and it was a great performance. One of the best this season easily.
I concur Rob. I was panicking in front of the TV screen, wondering what the hell will happen if Milan were to score. Capello is juz letting Milan poking our defence time and time again, the same thing that happened on our away game against Roma. If we met a super on form Sheva, we would be punished gravely. From wad I saw, we are capable of breaking some of their passes and caught them in the counter. WE caught them once, and we should be able to do it again. But too bad there r not many forwards up front, so Nedved have to pull some weak shots.

I wouldn't call this game best IMO though, sensation would be the perfect word to describe this game.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,615
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    Stop overrating Del piero, all I saw was he was laying on the ground the whole ****in match,you everytime act like dumbs when he score or give assist :mad:
    oh please. It was a brilliant assist. And in case you didn't notice, it was pretty good of him to lay on the ground the entire time, because he did steal a lot of time.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

yes indeed.
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS :star:
    Hold that thought, for a few more weeks. ;)
    Personally, i dont believe the scudetto is ours yet. Three more games to go, and Milan have the added incentive of a chase, so lets just hope Juve dont underestimate any upcoming opposition, especially Parma, considering they're fighting to save their season, and from going down to Serie B. They won today, and theyre going to try and get a winning streak of their own. So lets pray Juve are alert for the remaining tasks even if 2 out of those 3 are at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)