Milan-Juventus (4 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
50 bucks that will happen. That ALWAYS happen.

yea i know its happened tons of times :down: im considering going and drinking liek 3 energy drinks and sayting up all night until 8 am

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Crespo spies on Juve trio Sunday 8 May, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hernan Crespo knows the Juventus defence better than most, having shared the field with them at Parma, and reveals their weaknesses to be exploited.

“I know the three great heroes of Juve very well: Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluigi Buffon,” explained the ex-Tardini man in the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport.’

“We won a lot together at Parma and really had fun along the way. I can also reveal that by playing alongside them for all that time, I did find a few little defects in their style. If I’m the one to start this match, then I’ll try to take them by surprise, but failing that I’ll explain it to Andriy Shevchenko and Jon Dahl Tomasson.”

The Bianconeri really struggled at the back last season, but the signing of Cannavaro to complete this trio has made a massive difference, so that they now have one of the most solid back lines in Serie A.

“They are not Martians,” continued Crespo on his ‘spying’ mission. “They have weaknesses and we have to exploit them. Cannavaro bases a lot of his game on anticipating his opponents, so we must protect the ball. As for Thuram, he has an incredible ability to recover the ball and he is phenomenally acrobatic.”

One of the ex-Parma trio, goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, has not been having his best season so far and for the first time has fallen behind Milan’s Dida in the Serie A rankings.

“Buffon is unpredictable – even when we were training at Parma, he never wanted me to score a goal against him and would perform incredible saves to keep it out. I would enjoy beating him tomorrow, I must confess.”

source: channel4.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maldini renames Derby d'Italia Sunday 8 May, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta examine the title-deciding encounter with Juve and claim it should be renamed the Derby d’Italia.

“For some years now, the biggest games of the season have been between Milan and the Bianconeri, so this tie should take on the name Derby d’Italia,” said captain Maldini in the Corriere della Sera.

The title was given to Inter-Juventus because these two sides were the most successful and universally supported in the Peninsula, but their San Siro rivals seem to have overtaken them over the last decade.

Maldini was forced off during Wednesday’s 3-1 Champions’ League defeat to PSV Eindhoven after being kicked in the back of the head, but he will be fit for this match.

“My head is still a little bit sore, but it’s not really going to be a problem. I wouldn’t miss this game for the world,” he smiled. “I’m also glad that Pierluigi Collina has been assigned to officiate, as it would’ve been absurd for any other referee to be chosen.”

Alessandro Nesta also looked ahead to the Scudetto showdown at the San Siro with an interview in Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport.

“After this head to head clash, Juve do have an easier run-in,” explained the defender. “Add to that our Champions’ League Final and that will take away some more energy, so Juve would be fairly happy with a draw. That will give us even more motivation to win this on our home turf.”

Juventus will play Parma (at home), Livorno at the Stadio Picchi and close the season against Cagliari in Turin. Milan travel to Lecce, welcome Palermo and end their campaign at Udinese’s Stadio Friuli.

source: channel4.com

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Will I make it?
I doubt I'm going to survive this match, I'm already too nervous! Heck, I waked up at 8am on SUNDAY!!! That's simply unbelievable!
:nervous:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Will I make it?
I doubt I'm going to survive this match, I'm already too nervous! Heck, I waked up at 8am on SUNDAY!!! That's simply unbelievable!
:nervous:
Nothing surprising, sometimes I can last for the whole weekend without much or no sleep, especially after watching a Juve game. :)

I'm not as excited as u ppl, but I'm able to see this game as well. I really wish that we can win.

To all Singapore, HK and Malaysia fans, the game is on 8.50 pm. Perfect time to watch the game after I packed my bag.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I know there is a press silence and all, but some people yesterday were saying Emerson and DP had slight injuries and would not be playing.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or could it just be rumours to unsettle Milan? Or is it just BS?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004

Romano

May 22, 2004
-------------------
---> Juventus <---
-------------------

4-4-1-1 formation

-----------------------Buffon ---------------------------

--Pessotto------Thuram------Cannavaro------Zambrotta--

--Camoranesi----Emerson----Tacchinardi-------Nedved---

---------------------------Del Piero------------------
-------------------Trezeguet---------------------------

what an idiot formation :wallbang:

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Trezeguet Zalayeta
Nedved Camoranesi Kapo
Emerson
Zambrotta Cannavaro Thuram Pessotto
Buffon

Use Trezeguet as Hasselink, Zalayeta as a counterplayer.
Camoranesi as a v.Bommel and Kapo as our fast farfan.
Nedved as our reliable korean guy and emerson as our Vogel. :D

So far off Capello style but it would be the Hiddink way. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)