Milan-Juventus (10 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

canna with a header beating nesta in the air :D how sweet is that
but personally i prefer dp with a late penalty

i just came across a chinese newspaper, they r saying ancelotti is better than cap ffs :fero:
The reporters don't know wad they r writing aren't they?

I'm only afraid that Pippo will be the person scoring against us. Ancoletti is thinking of whom to partner Sheva atm.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
For two clubs level on points at the top to meet this late in the campaign is rare, and mental focus for the full ninety minutes will be the key to this match. When they last met, it ended in a scoreless draw. While I do not expect that to be the outcome this time around, a draw is not out of the question, because we all know that defensive duties will be the main item to emphasize for the managers of the two respective squads. Several chances will be had by each side, but the overall strength and experience of the back fours will be enough to keep this title chase going until the end of the season.
From Goal.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve made a press silence , they did not say who will play , no jounalist was allowed to attend the training , so they are taking this game very seroius , IMO juve must kill the game by closing midfiled with 5 players and with only one player in attack , we must make midfield closed for kaka and pirlo , and user counter attack , this is the only way i see we will get a draw or a win

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
No more talking bout this boys and girls you should all get some sleep so you can get up and actually watch the game! K thats all im out and..........FORZZZZZA JUVEEEEEEEEE!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Fan v Fan: AC Milan-Juventus
5/7/2005 10:05:00 AM
It’s the ultimate Serie A showdown – the two teams who have left the rest in their wake this season meet at the San Siro in a game that could have a significant bearing on the destination of Lo Scudetto. AC Milan and Juventus lock horns in an eagerly anticipated clash sure to polarise opinion. The fans of both teams are deeply suspicious of what they perceive to be the inordinate behind-the-scenes influence of the other club; conspiracy theories abound and add spice to the traditional footballing rivalry. Goal.com asked a fan from either side to help set the scene for what is being billed as Serie A’s Match of the Season. Antonio Michaelides gives the Milan point of view, while Alain Saad speaks out for Juve…
GOAL: First of all, how do you feel about your side’s campaign so far? Have you been delighted or dismayed by it?

Antonio (Milan): I am delighted with the season we have had so far. Unlike our opponents this weekend our players were able to keep alive the hope of a double by making it to the UEFA Champions League final. We have had luck on our side at the right times and I hope this continues through to the end of the season. I believe we have been the much better side in Serie A this season in terms of the quality of football we play. We can also be solid and show great character when needed and I am hoping the poor performances against PSV in the Champions League of late were momentary blips.

Alain (Juve): What seemed like a dud of a season-ending party for the calcio actually will be turned into a thriller. The season can best be summed up as a great season so far! I am delighted that we are topping the table but I know how hard it will be to stay there with our progress. We have to keep on playing very well, this is the only way we will stay top of the table. Indeed, that game against our biggest rival will certainly decide somehow the winner of the Scudetto. We are limited in terms of resources but, given the circumstances, some of our results this season and the performance against many strong teams like Inter Milan, AS Roma, Lazio, Palermo deserve great credit. However, the 2004/2005 season hasn’t been all gloom as there has been a number of highlights in which saw Juventus as the team to beat in the first half of the season. The second half of the season saw the downfall in which the team ruined an 8 point lead on top of Italy’s Serie A to be level with AC Milan at the present time. Meanwhile, it is not the end of the world as we’re still co-leaders of the Calcio with Milan. I believe we are doing great, even though we faced different, long and many important injuries during the season.. The Champions League campaign was certainly a disappointment, after losing against Liverpool on our own ground, when we could just score one goal and qualify…

GOAL: Tactically, where do you think this match may be won or lost?

Antonio (Milan): I honestly don’t think the winner of this match will be determined by tactical superiority or inferiority for that matter. I have no doubt that we are the better team and the only two things that can stop us coming away with all three points are the referee/linesmen or a performance similar to the one against PSV on Wednesday. Our midfield will be the key to unlocking Juventus.

Alain (Juve): The two title-chasers’ game will be played tactically in the midfield. Milan has one of the best midfields in the world. Players like Kaka`, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf are word-class. Juventus have got Emerson, Camoranesi, Nedved. We do know one thing, as long as Nedved is in form, Juve will be in form. After watching the last few games, Nedved is making his big come back, so let’s hope he’ll bully their defence! Let’s just hope Fabio Capello will start up a creative, strong and effective midfield line-up.

GOAL: Which opposition player do you consider to be the greatest threat to your team in this clash?

Antonio (Milan): Probably Pavel Nedved. He is a special player and can change a match instantly when he is at his best. In recent weeks he has looked pretty decent and has made no attempt to cover up how important he deems this game to be. As long as he is not given too much time on the ball I wont be too scared of him.

Alain (Juve): I have no doubt that Shevchenko, the Ballon D’Or 2004 will be the main threat of Milan AC in this clash. I fear him when he’s in form. I believe, when Shevchenko was injured, Milan passed through a very difficult period of time. Now that he’s back, he’s scoring winning goals just like he did against Fiorentina. They were down by one goal, they finished by winning the encounter 1-2 thanks to him. He’s a very talented player: Cannavaro, Thuram will have to watch him very carefully if we are going to win…

GOAL: Would you want him in your team?

Antonio (Milan): No thanks. He would not fit in. We have good enough players in his role. Gianluca Zambrotta is the only player from Juventus that I would love to have at Milan. Along with Nedved he is perhaps their most productive player.

Alain (Juve): Shevchenko would never come to Juventus FC. He simply ain’t made to be a Juventini. I always thought that Sheva would go to Chelsea one day..He seems to like Abramovich. Whatever, If I would want a forward such as Shevchenko in my team?! I would say: "No, thank you..". We don’t need more strikers. We have world class players such as Zlatan, Trezeguet, Del Piero,.. and who knows if Moggi will surprise us in the summer with stunning Mercato. Maybe Cassano or Gilardino would join us; after all, as we do all know, Luciano Moggi is in fact a transfer "GURU"…

GOAL: Who from your team should we keep a particular eye on here?

Antonio (Milan): Well, we have so many players capable of turning a match it is hard to pick one in particular. I reckon Kaka’ and Pirlo will be the players Juve will need to keep an eye on the most. If these two play well then Shevchenko will not be short of scoring opportunities and with his finishing…

Alain (Juve): I’m pretty sure that Nedved will be the most dangerous player of Juve during this encounter. I guess the Ballon D’Or 2003 proved against Lazio that he has returned. If Pavel has got his creativity back on the pitch and his killer pass, Juve will simply be back in action! I also believe that Nedved has done well in the last two performances in SerieA and will prove to be a very important player vs Milan, specially that a revenge from the final of the 2003 Champions League would count a LOT for him…

GOAL: What are your side’s greatest strengths?
Antonio (Milan): Our possession football is for sure the strength of this team. We are capable of holding the ball for long periods of time which lures opponents into our trap. The defence so far this season has been fantastic and each player’s experience will be very important in keeping the Juventus attackers quiet.

Alain (Juve): Juve’s solidity is a characteristic all Juve fans are proud of. I believe as well that our strength is the Defense. Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta have been doing a very good job till now. We conceded only 23 goals from the beginning of the season until the 34th journey, we’re just behind Milan who got 21 goals conceded. I think our defense might be as good as theirs. We’ll see if we can use that strength to hold on to a clean sheet, and be able to score.

GOAL: And weaknesses?

Antonio (Milan): At times we can be guilty of taking our foot off the pedal and not keeping focused. Though this is usually against the so-called ‘smaller’ teams so I am not worried about this going into the Juve game. Fatigue is worrying me more.

Alain (Juve): I believe Juventus might be one of the most solid teams in Europe at the moment, but it is obvious that they lack inspiration and creativity in the midfield. This is because the midfield has ONE creative player which is Camoranesi. I look at the Milan line-up, and see Seedorf, Pirlo and Kaka in one midfield. Frontmen such as Del Piero or Trezeguet won’t be able to shine in case our midfield ain’t working properly. We will need a great midfield line-up from Capello if we want to help the attackers scoring, and even to support the defensive line-up if needed…

GOAL: What do your lot typically think of their lot?

Antonio (Milan): Well, they are our direct rivals in terms of success in Italy. Over the years the race for Lo Scudetto has often been between them and us. This season however, I think a lot less of them. They do not deserve to be joint top with us at this stage of the season and I have been waiting for the day where it can be proved that we are the better team. I just hope the referee and linesmen will allow that to happen.

Alain (Juve): The problem of AC Milan is that they’ve got someone like Galliani as a vice-president of the club, and being at the same time the president of the Italian federation. Milan simply look like a team that would want to dominate all over the world and become a brand name just like other big European Teams. They simply want to globalize their team. Silvio Berlusconi has backed them up, as he is the president of the club of Milan AC and the Prime Minister of Italy. That would give their team a superior POWER than other teams.

GOAL: What single thing irritates you most about them?

Antonio (Milan): Luciano Moggi has a very interesting relationship with quite a few of the match officials in Italy. Juventus have benefited greatly from this since the start of the season.

Alain (Juve): What can I say?! "LUCKY MILAN" should be their new team name! Let’s look at their Serie A matches such as wins over Parma 1 – 2, against Atalanta 1 – 2, against Cagliari 2 – 1, against Lazio 2 – 1 and many many others at stoppage time. Scoring goals at stoppage time makes them simply the luckiest team ever. Some people call it determination, but I’d rather calling it LUCK! Finally, the other things that most irritate me about them is their: Jersey’s colour, Players, Mentality and their Administration!

GOAL: And what do you grudgingly admire?

Antonio (Milan): The number of times they have won Lo Scudetto.

Alain (Juve): The only thing I admire at Milan AC is their best defender Alessandro Nesta. He is regarded as one of the best defenders in Europe, he’s powerful yet extremely mobile. His elegance conceals his toughness and he possesses an impeccable positional sense. I also like the classy ambiance of the San Siro, it’s much better then ours. We saw only an empty stadium till now in the season at Delle Alpi; So the Bianconeri aren’t being supported very well. We just hope the NEW TORINO ARENA will solve this problem…

GOAL: Who is your all-time number one hate figure (or object of amusement) from their lot?

Antonio (Milan): It has to be Luciano Moggi. I don’t really hate any of the Juventus players. To be honest I don’t really hate Moggi either but it angers me that he is able to get away with murder right under the noses of Serie A bosses. His partner in crime Antonio Giraudo is not far behind him in second place.

Alain (Juve): Shevchenko is likely to be feared as he has got everything a striker needs " good vision, incredible pace and physical strength", plus the most important factor of all, which is feeling for the goal, where it is in relation to the part of the pitch in which he happens to be.

GOAL: What’s the best bit of business ever done between the two clubs?

Antonio (Milan): The Filippo Inzaghi transfer was a good one as he immediately proved his worth by scoring crucial goals for us.

Alain (Juve): I would say that the transfer of Edgar Davids in the 1997-1998 Mercato was the best business ever done between the two clubs. He played with Juventus during almost 7 years… Thank you Milan for giving us the "Pitbull". Unfortunately, his season at Barcelona wasn’t a success, and neither at Inter Milan actually: He didn’t find space in the line-up of Mancini. Nothing seems to work out with him anymore…

GOAL: What’s your fondest memory of past clashes against them?

Antonio (Milan): When we beat them 3-1 at the Delle Alpi last season. That was fantastic. The Turin crowd were silent. Also the 4-0 smashing we gave them in the 1988/89 season was a memorable one too.

Alain (Juve): How can I forget such a humiliation?! Beating MILAN AC at San Siro in the 1996-1997 season. I remember we won 1 – 6: Goals from Jugovic(2), Vieri (2), Amoruso and Zidane… That is indeed, the best memory of past clashes we had against them, and what a great feeling it is when we talk again about it. Such a humiliating and dissapointing score for them, and what a satisfaction for the Bianconeri World!

GOAL: What do you think the score of this match will be, and how will it affect your week?

Antonio (Milan): I don’t like to predict scores when I am a supporter of one of the teams in question as I am a little superstitious. But what I will say is that I have been waiting for this match for a long time now and really hope we can put them to the sword as we failed to do so earlier on this season where we completely outplayed them for ninety minutes.
FORZA MILAN!!!

Alain (Juve): I’ve waited this match just like all the other Juventus tifosi. I’ve waited it months ago, and it seems to be one of the best matches ever seen, because it will tell who will be the better Italian side of the Serie A this season. And what makes this two horse race better and better is that they’ve been all level since a very long period, so this has to be THE MATCH OF THE SEASON. Honestly? I think the score would be 2-2 or a 0 – 0. This game will be decisive and it will not affect the week but the whole season. The winner will have passed a great test to win the scudetto…

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
oh iám very nervous!!!
Only 4h 45min left!

I can watch it life on premiere!!! yeah!

ciao
Forza Juve
Merda Milanisti

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
haha, guys guess what. i am just now going to sleep. 1:22 am here in california, USA. i plan on waking up in about 4.5 hrs to watch the game from 6-8 am or so, then go back to sleep for another hr or two, then go to work at 10 am. gonna be intense. i shouldnt have gone out tonight. oh well. MUCh better following it live, then just seeing some result after.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
haha, guys guess what. i am just now going to sleep. 1:22 am here in california, USA. i plan on waking up in about 4.5 hrs to watch the game from 6-8 am or so, then go back to sleep for another hr or two, then go to work at 10 am. gonna be intense. i shouldnt have gone out tonight. oh well. MUCh better following it live, then just seeing some result after.
haha dude i live in california as well. im going to sleep around 2 and i mwatching it live as well, im worried i might sleep through my alarm and miss it :frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)