Milan are going to win the Serie A !! (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
no, we are much better than Milan.
and 11 points is not something to ignore
if we are much better than Milan then why did they completely outplay us in the CL final?

both goalies are good Buffon slightly better, their defence with Nesta and Maldini is better than ours, though we have Thuram who is ace. We have a better central midfield, but their creativity is 5 times better than us. The strike forces are roughly even.

The fact that they have Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf and Rivaldo whereas we have only Nedved speaks volumes for the squad depths of the respective sides

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    if we are much better than Milan then why did they completely outplay us in the CL final?
    Just a bad day I think...during the season we were much more consistent. Tudor + Davids + Nedved :down:. Though it could be said that our weakness simply due to the absence of these players just isn't good enough.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I'm very very new, i only played one game and i haven't a clue what to do, I drew 0-0 with my catenaccio style team in the english league :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

Mine too :D

But I'm very new, I keep telling myself that....:groan:
    I had one, was persuaded by someone to join on account of how great the game was. However, as I imagined, a game with fake players would never be entertaining to me, I had a team but they deleted it cause I didn't log in often enough.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

they didn't outplay us.

besides, it's only one game! and they won it only by one penalty.

I don't care about their creativity. creativity doesn't necessarily decide who is the better team.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
    they didn't outplay us.
    were you watching? They outplayed us for virtually the entire match, we never looked like scoring, never once!

creativity is essential if you are going to win the champions league. We had several massive slices of luck and by rights should not have even made the quarters. Without luck, next year we'll get no further than QF unless we get some creativity IMO

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

were you watching? They outplayed us for virtually the entire match, we never looked like scoring, never once!
    I agree that Milan outplayed Juve for most of the match... but come on! Juve had a pretty good start to the 2nd half... Conte almost scored.... he was sooooo close.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    that was a chance out of nothing, you can't honestly say we ever played well enough to deserve a goal, or ever looked like grabbing one because of our good play, because it was non-existent.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    yeah yeah... you're right. :irritate: But it's not like Milan were this fantastic team who left Juventus without a chance.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    we only got a point because we defended so well, or rather they were poor in finishing their chances, buffon made a miracle save and they had a goal disallowed which could have been allowed (see carlos goal in the bernabeu)

oh well, we have a shite squad and I guess we all knew that anyway

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    creativity is essential if you are going to win the champions league. We had several massive slices of luck and by rights should not have even made the quarters. Without luck, next year we'll get no further than QF unless we get some creativity IMO
    We would have won with Pavel. We badly need a backup for him.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    possibly, but even with him we lack that bit of quality, that vision and technique that can create a goal from nothing...oh pablito one day.. :sigh:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    I think our over-dependence on Pavel is a sign of a lacking squad. We definitely need more depth, and hopefully Miccoli will give that to us, and hopefully Marco will find his shooting boots next season.

Oct 2, 2002
    guys..in Italy it is only Juve-Milan!!!! that is it!!!!

the one wins scudetto...the second CL..next season will be just the opposite :) though I hope we win both.

I am quite curious that both our clubs we been silent so far on transfer market..which has just started. we have signed Cafu...that should bring more diversification to our gameplay style. but some of u said that Nedved is the only One! I agree!! absolutely fantastic player! as well as Buffon! but we also take it by quantity...yes..lack of consistency has played us a bad joke! we have played more games than any other team of seria A. we have won two cups...we had also bad luck, injures.

What I am looking for now is a transfer window..ur and our targets.

I hope we will get Totti/chivu/bonera/stankovic/stam...these are our main targets. .....lets see what happens...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)