Miguel (3 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Miguel bid rejected
by Adam Marshall - Last Updated 17 Aug 2004

Benfica have reportedly rejected an offer from Juventus for highly-rated full back Luis Miguel.

The Portugal international, who impressed in Euro 2004, had been one of Newcastle United's top targets before Sir Bobby Robson turned to Republic of Ireland international Stephen Carr.

Benfica have been determined to resist all approaches for their classy defender and Juve are the latest club to show an interest in his considerable talents.

The Turin giants are said to have offered around €10 million for Miguel and are keen to do business with their former coach Giovanni Trapattoni. The Italian coach could even be allowed to sign a fringe player at Stadio delle Alpi in part-exchange.

Juve boss Fabio Capello is desperate to land a new right-sided defender and is expected to continue pursuing Miguel, despite the rebuttal from Benfica.

A five-year contract could await the 24-year-old in Turin but his current club will do all they can to prevent any deal going ahead.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    And it's obviously from planetfootball

€10m, I don't believe it!

OP
    Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    but €10m, I don't know about that... Sure, his just 24, but maybe we could get 2 classy players (Janku & Trabelsi) with that kind of money...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    interesting...he is definately good enough. 24 yrs old also which is a good age, not too young or too old. i hope there is some truth in this.

May 4, 2004
    Miguel Close To Juve Move-Report
    8/17/2004 1:05:00 PM
    Lisbon sports paper Record is reporting that Juventus have tabled a 10 million Euro offer for Benfica and Portugal wing Miguel.
    Miguel, who has one of the biggest surprises of the EURO 2004 tourny, is the player Juventus boss Fabio Capello wants in order to resolve his current right wing problems.

The report also indicates Benfica have rejected the Serie A side’s offer as it is 5 million Euros below what they want for the player.

The two clubs are expected to meet during the weekend in an attempt to settle their differences and seal the deal off.

this is from goal.com

-------

i hope we sign him, as when i saw him play for portugal i really wanted to see him in juve.. and i hope we will... BUT not over 10 €...

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
    We could have this formation if we get him (and Jankulovski):

-----------------------Buffon------------------------
    Marquez-----Thuram----Zebina---Jankulovski
    -----------------------Emerson---------------------
    Zambrotta---------------------------------Olivera
    -----------------------Nedved----------------------
    -------------Trezeguet-------Del Piero-----------

I like this formation a lot all the players in the squad deserve the starting spot. (maybe not Zebina). This squad is Scudetto material.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++

I like this formation a lot all the players in the squad deserve the starting spot. (maybe not Zebina). This squad is Scudetto material.
    I don't know if it would work that well though, Miguel and Zambrotta are in some areas of the game pretty similar and would tend to be in each others way.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Miguel would be a tremendous signing. He was along with Greece's Seitaridis the best right back at Euro 2004. He's quick, young and capable of playing in midfield. Come on, Trap. Help out your former club, even if it's at the expense of your's :D

Buffon
    Miguel Thuram CB Zambrotta
    Olivera Emerson Jankulovski
    Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero

:thumb: A bit attacking, but I like it.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    He is great.i liked him a lot at the EU.
    i would really be happy if we seal those two transfers by the weekend.
    Miguel & Jank :thumb:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    it would be a great buy....I doubt Moggi offered them 10 mils.....Moggi will use all his experience to get the cheapest price for him.....propably we can get rid of luliano or Baiocco in the process

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
    He is great.i liked him a lot at the EU.
    i would really be happy if we seal those two transfers by the weekend.
    Miguel & Jank :thumb:
    If we can complete the purchases of Miguel and Jankulovski we'll only need a CB and a striker to replace Di Vaio.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++

swap olivera and nedved and that team is great...except zebina of course. but i guess right now there isnt much else on offer:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)