Mighty Juve Vs. Deportivo (6 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I really do care about attractive football :stuckup: I would rather we loose than win with crappy football.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
yeah i admit, attractive football is a must for me.

as much as i hate Real Madrid, i LOOOVE their football. i can't turn offthe TV whenever they're game is on.
they play football, their so classy, their jersey's are even classy!!! (all white :thumb: )

they play one touch football. if they had the heart of Juve, i'm sure no team on earth can beat them for years.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
yeah i admit, attractive football is a must for me.

as much as i hate Real Madrid, i LOOOVE their football. i can't turn offthe TV whenever they're game is on.
they play football, their so classy, their jersey's are even classy!!! (all white :thumb: )

they play one touch football. if they had the heart of Juve, i'm sure no team on earth can beat them for years.
Well said :thumb: Just subtract the Real Madrid obsession :D

OP
juventusi

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #306
    Real beat us in 98 not courtsy of classy football but of a deflected shot that went to the goal scorer

Dortmund beat us in 97 courtsy of 2 corners although we were the classy of all times that year

so dont u guys give me that classy thing here because our class always got the worse out of us and pure luck paved the way for clubs like madreid and united to the ranks of the greats

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by juventusi ] ++
    Real beat us in 98 not courtsy of classy football but of a deflected shot that went to the goal scorer

Dortmund beat us in 97 courtsy of 2 corners although we were the classy of all times that year

so dont u guys give me that classy thing here because our class always got the worse out of us and pure luck paved the way for clubs like madreid and united to the ranks of the greats
    who was talking about the 98 real madrid?!! or the 97 dortmund?!! :rolleyes:

i mean the current madrid!!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

:howler::howler::howler: good one!

davida actually had a really lame weak shot and it was flukily deflected straight to trez! :D
    It looked like cross to me!;):).

Makaay did score a wonderful goal, with his turn and shot into the top leff hand corner but I would hestitae to call him a player who can create out of nothing. He is another centerforward who is more mobile than Trez to me:).
    Also Makaay hasn't been that brilliant since his blistering start.

Tristan, is a very skillful player, but his mobility is even worse than Trezeguet.:). A Spanish friend of mine, who saw Depor's friendly matches last year's summer said that Tristan looked like a "Bloated, hamburger.":D.
    Beside, Tristan, for me does not have the hunger for goals which the predators have. These goal poachers may miss some and their hunger for goals never dimish.

I understand Trezeguet's limitation, and his lack of form right now. However, it would unfair to call that Makaay and Tristan is in different league to him. Maybe I would stop Trezeguet with players like Sheva, Vieri, Henry, Raul, in a heart beat but Makaay and Tristan does not warrant such deal.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    Is this really what you think? :eek: you want to swap Trezeguet to Makaay/Tristan?
    Maybe it's hard to see this this year, because the injuries. but Del Piero + Trezeguet is one of the most dangerous strikers couple in europe.
    it's even more brilliant than Makaay+Tristan!
    Last year they both scored 40 goals in the league and 13 more in the CL!
    Most of those goals were down to del piero. Trez was just standing around waiting for a decisive pass. If Dp was paired with Tristan, the team would improve, as Tristan actually works off the ball. We also would gain his ability to take on players, which Trez doesn't have. He can score fantastic goals, from nothing!

Ali, I completely agree about attractive football. If we are gonna play really badly, and scrape wins, it is better that we just go out IMO. Nobody will want to join us if they see us playing such scrappy football.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Ali, I completely agree about attractive football. If we are gonna play really badly, and scrape wins, it is better that we just go out IMO. Nobody will want to join us if they see us playing such scrappy football.
    :thumb:

It works fine it's ok. why change something good?
    :wallbang:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    Tristan, is a very skillful player, but his mobility is even worse than Trezeguet.:). A Spanish friend of mine, who saw Depor's friendly matches last year's summer said that Tristan looked like a "Bloated, hamburger.":D.
    Beside, Tristan, for me does not have the hunger for goals which the predators have. These goal poachers may miss some and their hunger for goals never dimish.

I understand Trezeguet's limitation, and his lack of form right now. However, it would unfair to call that Makaay and Tristan is in different league to him. Maybe I would stop Trezeguet with players like Sheva, Vieri, Henry, Raul, in a heart beat but Makaay and Tristan does not warrant such deal.
    Well I don't know about him being less mobile than Trez. I've only seen Depor three times this year, but tristan has impressed me on each occasion. OK so he doesn't run about like a madman :D but he at least offers himself as someone to receive a pass. Trezeguet just stands there! He seems uninterested in the play until he gets the ball in the area.

You say Tristan does not have the hunger for goals but he was top scorer in Spain last year. Imagine him with Del Piero beside him, these two could rule Europe! Lets face it, without Dp, Trez is crap. He can still finish ( sometimes :rolleyes: ) but apart from that he looks totally lost. Do you honestly think Tristan would be lost? No, he has the ability to create chances for himself, go past players and put in an explosive finish!

I did not say they were in a different league to him, but they are certainly better all round players. Out of the list you made, I would certainly swap him for Sheva or raul, but Vieri is too old now to consider buying IMO. He has injury problems and that would be a burden. Henry is too weak, and cannot hold up the ball. He also misses fsr too many chances for Serie A, where the chances are more limited than the EPL.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
    It works fine it's ok. why change something good?
    At the moment, trez is wrecking all our best moves with his terrible first touch. If you saw the Inter and Man U games,you will know what I mean. We actually played good football at times, but you always knew inside that Trez would muck it all up, and lo and behold, he does! With tristan or someone like that, we gain an extra player to pass the ball too, and we gain some brilliant dribbling skills, without losing out on finishing ability.

Trez often fails to score against the big teams. He can score plenty against the likes of the lower serie A teams, but last year, he failed to score v nearly all of the big teams we played, particularly in the Cl. He lookes, dare I say it, out of his depth!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Honestly, I Think Tristan is Better than Trezeguet as the later is more dependant on other players to serve him while Tristan always tries to build his own plays as he has the dribbling , passing , long shooting and finishing (May be bad heading) skills which forms a perfect striker.

It would be great if we Sell Trezguet for Arsenal for a Great some of Cash and Buy Tristan for a lower some and Buy a creative Midfielder. Then we will play some Great entertaining football.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Heh, I need help :embarrass:! I knew I got this right before, after that I began to confuse myself *nervous laughter*. I counted that if Depor wins MU, and Basel wins Juve, the final decisor will be head-to-head count, and eventually the points would be:

Juve encounter - Total points: 7 pts
    -vs Depor (2-2) and (3-2). Total: 4 pts
    -vs Basel (4-0) and (win-lose). Total: 3 pts

Basel encounter - Total points:6pts
    -vs Juve (4-0) and (win-lose). Total: 3 pts
    -vs Depor (1-0) and (0-1). Total: 3 pts

Depor encounter - Total points: 4pts
    -vs Juve (2-2) and (3-2). Total: 1 pt
    -vs Basel (1-0) and (0-1). Total: 3 pts

Can someone tell me where's the need for the 5-0 Basel win, if the max they could get is 6 points? :confused:

-S-

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Sarah, if Juve, Basel and Depor end on 7 points, that is what the table will look like.

But if Basel and Juve end on 7 points and Depor don't win their last game, it will be decided on goal difference between the two teams, hence they go thru winning 5-0.

:)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
    Heh, I need help :embarrass:! I knew I got this right before, after that I began to confuse myself *nervous laughter*. I counted that if Depor wins MU, and Basel wins Juve, the final decisor will be head-to-head count, and eventually the points would be:

Can someone tell me where's the need for the 5-0 Basel win, if the max they could get is 6 points? :confused:

-S-
    Depor may not beat Man Utd so Juve and Basle will be the Only contenders in the head to head clash so if Basle Beat us by 5 goals they will win the head to head clash and qualify as we have beaten them by 4 goals only. i hope you got the point ;)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++

-S-
    Sarah, go to the thread I started and read the first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)