Mighty Juve Vs. Deportivo (7 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
That's a bit too much praise for Depo IMO ;) They were far better last year or the year before. They need the real Valeron to make them sparkle.
IMO they are still better than us. They have two absolute brilliant strikers in Tristan and Makaay, we don't have this. I would swap either of those for Trez in a heartbeat!

The fact that they outplayed us (according to most reports) without Valeron proves how good their squad is. The likes of Victor, Fran etc can play some superb passing football that none of our players can do.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
IMO they are still better than us. They have two absolute brilliant strikers in Tristan and Makaay, we don't have this. I would swap either of those for Trez in a heartbeat!
Well, I wouldn't got that far but they do have great strikers indeed! Would swap Zalayeta, Salas, Di Vaio and the whole bloody lot of them on our bench for Tristan and Makaay any time! :D

The fact that they outplayed us (according to most reports) without Valeron proves how good their squad is. The likes of Victor, Fran etc can play some superb passing football that none of our players can do.
Well, they outplayed us only from when we scored the 1-0 until we scored the 2-2 ;) Fact is, that during the periods that we had possession, we didn't manage to do anything with it!! It's that part of our play that I couldn't stand! Bloody ridiculous!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Well, I wouldn't got that far but they do have great strikers indeed! Would swap Zalayeta, Salas, Di Vaio and the whole bloody lot of them on our bench for Tristan and Makaay any time! :D
they both do more for the team than Trez, and are capable of scoring goals out of nothing. Trez is not. I used to be fine with that, saying that Trez was a deadly box finisher, but really I'm not sure he's all that good. Some of the chances he has been missing this season, for france at the Wc, and in the recent friendly with Czech rep, he missed a sitter. He missed several good chances against man U, and his first touch is terrible!

Against Inter, Tacchi, Davids, Nedved, Camo and Thuram were doing brilliant build up, Di Vaio was doing some good dummies, and trex fvcked them all up! :D:groan:

Well, they outplayed us only from when we scored the 1-0 until we scored the 2-2 ;) Fact is, that during the periods that we had possession, we didn't manage to do anything with it!! It's that part of our play that I couldn't stand! Bloody ridiculous!
we can't, because only delpiero can do it!
the only way we can break teams down is when we allow them to dominate possesion, and hit them on the counter..like liverpool style :rolleyes:

we need a proper playmaker if we are ever to win the CL

nina

Feb 18, 2001

I'm wondering if you would say the same last year when Trez banged all those goals for us ;) He has a few faults I know, but he's not as bad as to be kicked out of the club in a heartbeat!

I don't think we were outplayed, because for me outplayed means something Man Utd did a week and more ago :fero: They were better, but then again we didn't exactly made it difficult for them since we were pretty bad :groan:

The thing that is bothering me the most is that we can be sooo motivated when it comes to Seria A, but when we come out on the pitch during the week, we look like rookies :dazed: I'm wondering is the failure of the italian teams in Europe (and the rest of the world) left an effect ... do we get scared?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

Fact is, that during the periods that we had possession, we didn't manage to do anything with it!! It's that part of our play that I couldn't stand! Bloody ridiculous!
This is true, and it worries me the most, beside the fact we look extremely vunerable whenever Depor counter attacked us. With hindsight, thank god, Makaay missed that easy one on one chance against Buffon!:sigh:.
Towards the end of game, we had plenty of possession, and territorial advantage, and yet it was Depor who actually looked more dangerous on their counter attack! And we created virtually no chance beside Zala's miss.:fero:.
Also, let's not forget Trez's goal came from moment of brillance by Davids, with his fantastic leftfooted cross, and clinical finish by Trezeguet, (my first reaction was that he didn't controlled the ball their well with his first touch,;), and his toe poke wasn't prettiest goal we'll ever see;))

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Also, let's not forget Trez's goal came from moment of brillance by Davids, with his fantastic leftfooted cross, and clinical finish by Trezeguet, (my first reaction was that he didn't controlled the ball their well with his first touch,;), and his toe poke wasn't prettiest goal we'll ever see;))
:howler::howler::howler: good one!

davida actually had a really lame weak shot and it was flukily deflected straight to trez! :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'm wondering if you would say the same last year when Trez banged all those goals for us ;) He has a few faults I know, but he's not as bad as to be kicked out of the club in a heartbeat!
sure he was great last year (against the weaker teams) but I'm sure Tristan could have done the same :) and also contributed more to the team than just standing there in the area waiting for a goal :D

The thing that is bothering me the most is that we can be sooo motivated when it comes to Seria A, but when we come out on the pitch during the week, we look like rookies :dazed: I'm wondering is the failure of the italian teams in Europe (and the rest of the world) left an effect ... do we get scared?
I'm not sure its a case of motivation, though I do agree its more in the head than lack of ability. To me, we are not good enough (ability wise) to win the CL, however there are only a few teams that should be able to beat us, given the players we have. Why we struggle in the Cl so often has got to be something mental..I just can't put my finger on it :undecide:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
believe in trexe. he will do his job =).

naybe makkay and trsitan are more "tricky" in the area that trexeguet, but he have good definiton., and when he recover delpiero´s aid, we will be a real thread to the opponents defense like always.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
channel4.com

Di Vaio sidelined by injury

Marcello Lippi’s plans for Juventus’ game against Modena have been disrupted by an injury to Marco Di Vaio.

The former Parma man was set to feature against the Serie A strugglers as the Coach was to keep faith with his 4-2-3-1 system.

However, the Italian limped out of training on Friday with an ankle injury which also leaves him doubtful for the Champions’ League game at Basel on Tuesday.

"His injury will force me to assess my options," said the tactician whose side lead the Scudetto chase by three points.

"I’ll now take a close look at what the squad can offer me in the remaining training sessions," he added.

"I’ll think about it tonight too because we really need to try to secure the points against Modena as soon as possible with the European game coming up."

Lippi is expected to switch to a 4-4-2 system by bringing in either Marcelo Salas or Marcelo Zalayeta to partner David Trezeguet in attack.

Juve travel to Switzerland in midweek looking to secure their place in the last eight of the competition.

However, it shouldn’t be too difficult as they could even lose 3-0 but still qualify for a quarter-final place.

-----------------------------------------------

this is will leave us with salas , zala

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
channel4.com

Di Vaio sidelined by injury

Marcello Lippi’s plans for Juventus’ game against Modena have been disrupted by an injury to Marco Di Vaio.

The former Parma man was set to feature against the Serie A strugglers as the Coach was to keep faith with his 4-2-3-1 system.

However, the Italian limped out of training on Friday with an ankle injury which also leaves him doubtful for the Champions’ League game at Basel on Tuesday.

"His injury will force me to assess my options," said the tactician whose side lead the Scudetto chase by three points.

"I’ll now take a close look at what the squad can offer me in the remaining training sessions," he added.

"I’ll think about it tonight too because we really need to try to secure the points against Modena as soon as possible with the European game coming up."

Lippi is expected to switch to a 4-4-2 system by bringing in either Marcelo Salas or Marcelo Zalayeta to partner David Trezeguet in attack.

Juve travel to Switzerland in midweek looking to secure their place in the last eight of the competition.

However, it shouldn’t be too difficult as they could even lose 3-0 but still qualify for a quarter-final place.

-----------------------------------------------

this is will leave us with salas , zala
Isn't DP in the squad for this game?:confused:

OP
juventusi

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #298
    HI GUYS AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE WIN.

SOMEBODY MENTIONED THAT IT WAS A LUCKY WIN FOR US. BOY HAVEN'T WE MISSED LUCK ALL THIS TIME IN CL, AFTERALL IT WAS ALWAYS US WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE BAD SIDE OF LUCK FOR THE LAST THREE SEASONS IN CL. LAST YEAR DEPO WERE MUCH MORELUCKY WHEN THEY ESCAPED FROM THE DELLIALPI WITH A DRAW. NAYBET AND COMPANY WERE LAUGHING AT MONTERO FOR HIS STRONG TACKLES AS IF THEY WERE SAYING TO THEMSELVES "WHY IS HE TRYING SO HARD, WE WILL BEAT U LIKE ALWAYS, LUCK IS ON OUR SIDE"

WITH REGARD TO "RETARDED" CRUYFF I HOPE HE KEEPS UP HIS STUPID COMMENTARY BECAUSE I ALWAYS WIN WHEN HE DO THAT. IN 1994 CL FINAL HE SAID BEFORE THE MATCH THAT "A VICTORY FOR BARCELONA IS A VICTORY FOR FOOTBALL BECAUSE MILAN PLAYS A NEGATIVE STYLE OF FOOTBALL AND THAT'S NOT GOOD FOR THE FUTURE OF THE GAME "

WELL HE GOT HAMMERED GOOD THAT DAY AND MARTIN TYLOR DEMANDED THAT HE STOP PHILOSIPHYING!!

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

Is this really what you think? :eek: you want to swap Trezeguet to Makaay/Tristan?
    Maybe it's hard to see this this year, because the injuries. but Del Piero + Trezeguet is one of the most dangerous strikers couple in europe.
    it's even more brilliant than Makaay+Tristan!
    Last year they both scored 40 goals in the league and 13 more in the CL!

Deportivo were better in most of the game... but we had a very good second half (after makaay goal). you can't ignore it!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Oded the point we are driving at is that we want to win playing attractive football. What's the point of winning while we suck?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)