Midfield situation (37 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I think the comparison should be Sissoko and Masherano, i think Masherano is a finished product , but Sissoko theres always potential in him and room for improvement. But right now Masherano > Sissoko. Masherano is probably the no 1 DM in world right now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sissoko needs to improve on his passing before he can be compared to Mascherano. To me, that seems like the only major difference.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
@iceman, in what universe are you talking about! Is he stronger physically, can he pass better, can he score more goals, can he tackle better than Melo??? ohh maybe he plays in EPL that makes him better!
He's the more complete player. Playing in the EPL has nothing to do with it. If you didn't know already, I'm a Juventus fan and also a Serie A fan...

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
@aod1984
r

you are out of your mind?
Mascherano is not even in 5th place in the list...
1, Yaya Toure
2. De Rossi
3. Diarra (either one)
4.Melo or Sissoko
5.Essien
6. maybe mascherano, cos I don't remember others

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
You really underrate Mascherano imo. Essien is simply a beast, I reckon he's the best in that list. The others are pretty close to eachother, with Mascherano definitely inthere.

May 22, 2007
@aod1984
r

1, Yaya Toure
2. De Rossi
3. Diarra (either one)
4.Melo or Sissoko
5.Essien
I refuse to believe you rate either one of those ahead of Mascherano. :scared:

Toure, Essien, Mascherano, De Rossi, Cambiasso :tup:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
@aod1984
r

1, Yaya Toure
2. De Rossi
3. Diarra (either one)
4.Melo or Sissoko
5.Essien
I refuse to believe you rate either one of those ahead of Mascherano. :scared:

Toure, Essien, Mascherano, De Rossi, Cambiasso :tup:
Essien is the best destroyer out there.

diarra in the list??? toure first?? i disagree mates. my list is:

1. essien
2. de rossi
3. mascherano
4. sissoko
5. toure

just a year doesn't make you the best. toure has many more things to prove.

neither of the 2 diarras has proven himself in a big team. i don't rate lyon as a big european team.

i am a little concerned for de rossi in my list cause he hasn't played ever to a club that will go for the title. expectations are low, so every bad performance is ok. every good one is superb. i put him in the list only cause he is good for italy that is a good team that aim high.

melo and campiasso are not in the list cause i don't think they are DMCs. they are mainly MCs who can also defend...

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Unquestionably, Michael Essien is the best.
De rossi and yaya toure are behind him.
Melo is in their mould, so hopefully can become as strong as those two this year.

Then Mascherano.

Then Sissoko. Masche and Sissoko come later because even tho they are great destroyers, they cannot distribute as well. Masches is better than Sissoko's though. I mean he's a beast for us big Mo, but that is all he ever will be. I know what I am getting and that is an athletic, young, pace-merchant hunting down the ball, not a gifted but tempermental deep-lying playmaker.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
@aod1984
r

1, Yaya Toure
2. De Rossi
3. Diarra (either one)
4.Melo or Sissoko
5.Essien
That's one of the most insane lists I've ever seen.

Jun 13, 2007
Cambiasso is better than Mascherano in what? Certainly not being a midfield destroyer.
He is a better player overall. Maybe he doesn't destroy as well, but he's definitely a more all-round defensive midfielder. Mascherano seems to be very overrated around here. I can think of many DM's that are miles ahead of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)