Midfield situation (6 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #41
    :tup:
    Competing for a spot is only a good thing if every player has a fair & reasonable chance of getting one. With (at least) 7 players fighting for 3 spots that is definitely not the case.
    Ferrara might also consider Brazzo a midfielder, which would make a total of 8 (excluding Giovinco).
    At the very least one player should have to go, but I'm not sure this will happen.
    I forgot Brazzo:wallbang:. Agreed 100%.

5 Players for a 3man midfield are just to little. If we wanna step up with Inter, it is necessary to have good broadness of players. But i have no Idea who i would prefer to sell. Tiago and Poulsen flopped both, but i have the feeling, Poulsen is more ambitious and has the will to prove himself to the Coach, as opposed to Tiago.
    It is much more than 5 players for a 3 man midfield. Much more, re-count our midfielders my friend.

Dont forget Almiron :D
    I wasn't sure whether to include him or not, his contract bloomed with Fiorentina?

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #42
    I was playing PES a couple of hours ago and you're right. My bench was full with quality midfielders. IMO Poulsen is the one who has to go though. I know a lot of people don't like Tiago, but a good Tiago offers something the others don't. On the other hand there's no guarantee he'll do better this time.
    I don't know about this. To me, Poulsen looks better physically while Tiago got better stamina than the Danish player. It's 50/50 but I think Poulsen has done a bit better than Tiago.

Juventino_10

Aug 2, 2008
    tiago improved during his second season quite a bit... the same might happen for poulsen aswell as they both came from foreign leagues
    i also think sali may be a wingback sub as i read in another thread(which i think was from official website) that during training when ciro split up team into def, mid/att that sali was in the group of defenders

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009
    It is much more than 5 players for a 3 man midfield. Much more, re-count our midfielders my friend.
    Don't get your point. I'm talking about the central midfield(ers). Basically, for every position there is a back-up needed. It's a pretty simple account.

You wrote:
    If Ferrara plans to use 3man midfield, this means 4 players will be left out. Selling two of them would be better than keeping them IMHO.
    And my point is, that 2 back-ups for 3 positions in total are too little to be competitive for about 60 matches. What happens if one of the starting players gets injured (like the uncountable times last season)? Shall we go with only one CM on the bench?

I expect, Almiron is going to be sold/loaned again. Brazzo is a very versatile player, he has been very usefull for us and he still will be, but i do not count him to the CM group. And that's why i wrote, i would sell one of "Tiago-Poulsen" to keep 6 CM in total.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    Marchisio, Momo and Melo are not all very similar defensive midfielders.

Momo, it is true, is not trustworthy passing the ball over distance, especially when under pressure to deliver a decent ball, with no easy options near him, only forwards to aim for. But he is a beast. A player who can singlehandedly prevent any opposition player passing him for an entire game. He also reads the play quickly and decisively, making important interceptions every time he plays. He has decent pace, zero regard for his personal well being and the spirit of a zulu cross viking.

Marchisio can defend with decent technique and moderate strength. He can also run with the ball, pass and shoot. He reminds me of how Tardelli turns out on Pro Evolution if you snap him up as a youngster and play him to death. Can't say that he is world class in one particular area, though he could become a world class all rounder. Able to defend and attack with potency. He is italian...which matters. Its wonderful to see Melo and Diego in the squad, and I am happy for them to be part of the team we are building, slowly but surely, and damn expensively, but...it is important for us to make use of our talented youngsters.

Melo is the most aggressive of the trio, cheekier, nastier, and physically robust enough to give most players a hard time if he is marking them. His passing seems high quality, and together with Chiellini and Momo, he creates a bulging muscle in front of our goal and towards the midfield. I know the least about him, in comparison to the other two. but at 21M he will be starting. And it cant be a bad thing to have a regular i the brazilian national team in our team.

If Diego wasn't so offensive and talented, and Melo and Marchisio couldnt pass and were Infantry like Momo, I would agree with some of the people who have posted in this thread, and say that more creativity is needed. Which would lead e to suggesting Tiago is given more of a chance, as he did a sterling job in a 3 man midfield at chelsea a few years back, and also Camo...but Camo's is not a central midfielder. He cannot defend, every tackle back is a foul, often petulant rather than mistimed. He can play only if we shift to a 4-2-3-1 formation...like this:>
    Melo Momo
    Camo Giovinco
    Diego
    Trez Amauri

that would be a wicked formation, but I prefer to play the 4-3-1-2 and include Marchiso...

Poulsen and Zanetti are our two defensive midfield backups, and as we play 3 defensive mids, we need at least those two...Almiron should be sold, or loaned. Tiago...i am unsure as to why he is staying. Same with Camo....neither look likely to stake a claim for a first team place.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    guys honestly..why do u all want Tiago out?!
    he had his share of bad displays in his 1st season but this season he has improved a lot!! just watch the Real Madride game and Chelsea game as well...he has been fascinating...IMO Zanetti and Almiron should leave..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    guys honestly..why do u all want Tiago out?!
    he had his share of bad displays in his 1st season but this season he has improved a lot!! just watch the Real Madride game and Chelsea game as well...he has been fascinating...IMO Zanetti and Almiron should leave..
    Fascinating? Are you on drugs? :p Let's not exaggerate :D

I do however agree with you that Almiron and Zanetti should be the ones to go; I rate Zanetti quite highly, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he will be injured, inconsistent, and quite unreliable next season :shifty:

caeser

Nov 27, 2003
    I think Tiago will fit more than Poulsen in the 4-3-1-2 formation. He is not good defensively but a better overall player than Poulsen because he has more experience, better Passing, shooting, attacking etc.

If we played like this:
    Melo-----------Momo
    --------Tiago--------

--------Diego-------

I am sure he will re-gain his touch ;)

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I was playing PES a couple of hours ago and you're right. My bench was full with quality midfielders. IMO Poulsen is the one who has to go though. I know a lot of people don't like Tiago, but a good Tiago offers something the others don't. On the other hand there's no guarantee he'll do better this time.
    to be honest i think we will see Thiago coming into the middle of the park again and play a trident forward line

-------------__Sissoko-------------------Melo
    ---------------------------Thiago----------------

-----Diego------------------------------Del Piero
    ----------------------Amauri--------------------

we could always swap Thiago with Marchisio and Sissoko with Poulsen in midfield for rotation and always go a 2 pronged forward line in Amauri and Trezeguet with Diego floating behind or rotate Delpie with Giovinco and Diego could always swap with Camo which would give us more pace down the flanks.

basically due to the fact we have so many slightly different midfielders we have a lot more versatility in the forward areas,it can be 4-4-2,4-3-3 or 4-5-1 with varying degrees of midlfield cover.as much as Thiago has not set the heather alight i believe he would work better with 2 solid guys behind him,but,then again,surely we will prefer to use Diego as a flaoting player behind the front line................so many options i fear it may take us a while to find the right balance

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    we could play so many formations though-

4-2-3-1
    ---------------Sissoko-----------Melo---------------

Camo-------------------------------------Giovinco
    ----------------------Diego------------------------
    --
    -------------------Amauri------------------

or
    4-3-3
    -----------Sissoko---------------Melo---------
    ----------------------Thiago------------------

Diego------------------------------Del Piero
    ---------------------Amauri---------------

or
    4-3-1-2
    -------------Poulsen------------Sissoko---------
    -----------------------Melo----------------

--------------------Diego---------

-------------Amauri----------Del Piero

or 4-4-2

---------------Poulsen-----------Melo
    Camo-----------------------------------Diego

-----------------_Amauri-----------Trezeguet

there are so many options here is is great to see we will eb able to mix it up

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #54
    And my point is, that 2 back-ups for 3 positions in total are too little to be competitive for about 60 matches. What happens if one of the starting players gets injured (like the uncountable times last season)? Shall we go with only one CM on the bench?

I expect, Almiron is going to be sold/loaned again. Brazzo is a very versatile player, he has been very usefull for us and he still will be, but i do not count him to the CM group. And that's why i wrote, i would sell one of "Tiago-Poulsen" to keep 6 CM in total.
    You expecting or predicting Almiron to be sold or loaned again doesn't prove you point. Until we sell him or loan him then you can make your point.

We are not going to play with three CM, maximum two and it is obvious that Camoranesi will be used on the flanks for creativity.

Poulsen, Tiago, Melo, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Almiron? all play CM. You gotta pick two between them and leave the other 4 at least. If you think it's easy then you should apply for a coaching job because you must have such a unique talent.

Again, we are not going to play with three CM.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I don't think we count much on Camo this season. I think he's going miss a lot of the matches so we'll use 4-3-1-2 most of the time. Saying that I think we'll keep Tiago. I know he wasn't so good but I think they want to use trio Sissoko-Tiago-Melo where he could probably do more than Poulsen (who might get traded for some defender). Camo is also suitable for that formation while we'd get to use 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 when someone's injured/suspended so we'd have Camo/Sali and Giovinco on the flanks...that way there'd be Diego behind Amauro/Trez who'd do their job.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    I don't think we count much on Camo this season. I think he's going miss a lot of the matches so we'll use 4-3-1-2 most of the time. Saying that I think we'll keep Tiago. I know he wasn't so good but I think they want to use trio Sissoko-Tiago-Melo where he could probably do more than Poulsen (who might get traded for some defender). Camo is also suitable for that formation while we'd get to use 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 when someone's injured/suspended so we'd have Camo/Sali and Giovinco on the flanks...that way there'd be Diego behind Amauro/Trez who'd do their job.
    Camoranesi will start under Ciro Ferrara, trust me.

Another facts looking at some formations here.....Ciro will definitely play two strikers and never one.

With Amauri, Del Piero, Trezeguet and Iaquinta he's never going to start with one striker.

It's going to be something like this

Buffon

Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Molinaro

Camoranesi - Sissoko - ?????

Diego

Amauri- Del Piero​

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009
    You expecting or predicting Almiron to be sold or loaned again doesn't prove you point. Until we sell him or loan him then you can make your point.

We are not going to play with three CM, maximum two and it is obvious that Camoranesi will be used on the flanks for creativity.

Poulsen, Tiago, Melo, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Almiron? all play CM. You gotta pick two between them and leave the other 4 at least. If you think it's easy then you should apply for a coaching job because you must have such a unique talent.

Again, we are not going to play with three CM.

What the hell are you talking about? Does it make a that big difference if it's called "3 CM" or "2 CM + DM" ?! For a 4-3-1-2 (as you explained two posts further), you have a 3 men line in the central midfield. It doesn't matter at all who of them is going to be defensively oriented, 'cause the the other two players have to build a line with that midfielder.
    Dunno' who you're trying to impress with such wannabe cheeky smart ass posts like
    If you think it's easy then you should apply for a coaching job because you must have such a unique talent.
    ... but this is totally useless for a healthy, theme related discussion. (btw. i actually used to be a coach :lol: )

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    It's going to be something like this

Buffon

Zebina - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Molinaro

Camoranesi - Sissoko - ?????

Diego

Amauri- Del Piero​
    I think we will be playing that type of formation, but I'm not sure about the players though. I also don't think Camo will be a sure starter, far from it if you ask me.

In midfield I think Sissoko is the only "certain" starter. A fit Zanetti should always start, but the same can be said for Marchisio (to some extent at least). And I assume we're not buying Melo to put him on the bench. That's already 4 "starting" players for 3 positions and I haven't even considered Camo...
    As much as everyone is creaming himself over Melo & applauding the board for this move: I have to say that he is not good addition to the team, considering our needs at this point in time.

As for our attack, too early to tell who'll be our starters. I for one would be tempted to go with DP - Trez at the start.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #60
    I think we will be playing that type of formation, but I'm not sure about the players though. I also don't think Camo will be a sure starter, far from it if you ask me.

In midfield I think Sissoko is the only "certain" starter. A fit Zanetti should always start, but the same can be said for Marchisio (to some extent at least). And I assume we're not buying Melo to put him on the bench. That's already 4 "starting" players for 3 positions and I haven't even considered Camo...
    As much as everyone is creaming himself over Melo & applauding the board for this move: I have to say that he is not good addition to the team, considering our needs at this point in time.

As for our attack, too early to tell who'll be our starters. I for one would be tempted to go with DP - Trez at the start.
    100%

We can't tell yet who will start upfront or some of the players starting, I just gave an example/sample of how Ciro would start his formation. He said he would like to play a 3man midfield with a playmaker behind the strikers.

I think if Mauro will be fit this season he'll be starting most of the matches. And just like you a fit Zanetti would always start in my book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)