Midfield situation (11 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
When Camoranesi is healthy, which sadly isn't that often, he is one of the best midfielders out there. I really cant see Camoranesi with all this experience and talent on the bench. As good as Marchisio is, we cannot have 3 defensive midfielders on from start cuz Del Piero, Diego and Amauri is not enough for the offense. Last year we had 4 offensive players in Nedved, Camo, Del Piero and Amauri/Iaquinta. This year I dont see us ending up with 3 offensive players, its not enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
When Camoranesi is healthy, which sadly isn't that often, he is one of the best midfielders out there. I really cant see Camoranesi with all this experience and talent on the bench. As good as Marchisio is, we cannot have 3 defensive midfielders on from start cuz Del Piero, Diego and Amauri is not enough for the offense. Last year we had 4 offensive players in Nedved, Camo, Del Piero and Amauri/Iaquinta. This year I dont see us ending up with 3 offensive players, its not enough.
When Camo is healthy he used to be one of the best midfielders out there. Not so sure if that is still the case.

Sep 1, 2002
We need someone creative on the wings, Camo is right for that job, Marchisio Sissoko & Melo may be a bit defensive. With Camo its balanced.
I agree we need creativity on the wing, but I am not sure Camo can any longer provide.

Have Mali reached the African Cup of Nations?
This might effect yhe decision on who will stay and who will go.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
I agree we need creativity on the wing, but I am not sure Camo can any longer provide.

Have Mali reached the African Cup of Nations?
This might effect yhe decision on who will stay and who will go.
He can provide but he's becoming too fragile, keeps getting injured very easily.
I guess its age kicking in. Mali played Benin and beat them 3-1 at home and are 2nd in their group. How will it effect though?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Amd lets not forget about Almiron, although we consider him a bad nightmare, iirc his loan with Fiorentina has expired and they made no enquiries to keep him/
So, he is back now, isnt he??
Tiago Vs Poulsen, we'll keep one of the two.

Tiago said Serie A is too tactical for him
while Poulsen is determined to stay to prove his worth.

It's easy to choose.
Easy to choose but Secco is unable to sell Tiago, he is Tiago's hostage
, it doenst matter what we need, we are too incompetent to be optimal...
Ferrara could never and won't bench a healthy Camoranesi.
True that!

O well, consider the midfield a minor problem, we have an incompetent, but enthusiastic helm! Dont expect them to be optimal.
A surplus of midfielders is nothing comparing to the drama in our defense!!
Our team is not balanced and as predicted, it cant become balance, since we are having so many problems on selling players!

The only realistic choice that remains, is to sell off even more players...
But i was right once again, that Secco would be too scared to accept his mistakes and rid s of their presence on decent terms...

Our team is growing uncontrollable and we cant help it, this where the decision we made with our transfer policy, quantity over quality.
Thankfully, our transfer policy has changed this year, but unfortunately we will stay have to pay for the mistakes of the past...
I ve warned you about this a few seasons ago...

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
It is always healthy to have world class players at your disposal but I'm afraid having too many players for the same position mostly wouldn't help much. At least that's the case in Football.

It creates lots of tension I'm afraid (Some of you now will say, competing for a spot is good for the team... IMO it's not, it brings nothing but headache to the squad, players and coach if you have several players for the same position)

Take a look at this

Tiago, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Melo. Keeping apart Giovinco because we don't know how he'll be used under Ferrara.

If Ferrara plans to use 3man midfield, this means 4 players will be left out. Selling two of them would be better than keeping them IMHO.

I would sell Tiago for sure.
It certainly could be an issue what could cause some heat in dressing room. Melo will surely be bought for starting role, Marchisio is getting better and better, Sissoko is the king, Zanetti will likely not be regular anymore (maybe), because of his injury problems.

Id say its the CM part where we have many options. Camo is a winger after all, besides he has his fair shear of injures also.

If Ciro wants to play 4-3-1-2 then we need 3 midfielders to start. We do need to rotate at times because of different competitions. Still i agree there might be too many midfielders, so someone has to go, or be loaned?

Then again, SECCO said today that Tiago is not for sale and we believe in him. Ditto for Poulsen? Or was it just a cheap talk? Or are we getting rid of CZ because of his recent injury problems.

The Ranieri effect still lives on, he wanted the DM-s, now Ciro has to work out the mess of Ranieri. :sergio:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Camo (Brazzo/Tiago) Melo (Zanetti/Poulsen) Momo (Marchisio/Poulsen)
Diego (Seba)

+ Almiron

Too many players, but at least we wont be fucked if another injury crisis comes along similar to last season.

Marciano

May 21, 2009
Exclude Salihamidzic(most of the time he play out wide), Melo(still not done yet) Diego and Giovinco(attacking midfield), there are still 6 players fight for the 3 CM spots. Although it might improve the quality through sheer competition for places but I doubt it'll work.

I think it's better to get rip of 2 players, at least we can improve our finance by reduce the wage bill.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It is always healthy to have world class players at your disposal but I'm afraid having too many players for the same position mostly wouldn't help much. At least that's the case in Football.

It creates lots of tension I'm afraid (Some of you now will say, competing for a spot is good for the team... IMO it's not, it brings nothing but headache to the squad, players and coach if you have several players for the same position)

Take a look at this

Tiago, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Melo. Keeping apart Giovinco because we don't know how he'll be used under Ferrara.

If Ferrara plans to use 3man midfield, this means 4 players will be left out. Selling two of them would be better than keeping them IMHO.

I would sell Tiago for sure.
I was playing PES a couple of hours ago and you're right. My bench was full with quality midfielders. IMO Poulsen is the one who has to go though. I know a lot of people don't like Tiago, but a good Tiago offers something the others don't. On the other hand there's no guarantee he'll do better this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)