Microsoft squares up to Google (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well you know there are many stories going around about that. Like the one about Bill only having one real technological achievement in all of his career, that being writing (or was it actually rewriting or porting) the basic compiler, everything else was ripped off or bought.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    But what if Microsofts search Engine is better and makes your life easier :D
    Yeah, no one has really answered this one for you. Here's my take: competition breeds better products. Microsoft have never had the best products out there - but they've shoved them in the face of every novice computer user out there, so their stuff becomes what everyone's used to. Based on past experience with MS products, there's little confidence that MS Search will be better than Google. What they can do is seize a huge chunk of the market share, and then undercut Google's prices. MS Search can afford to make a loss - Google can't. Bye-bye gmail, google search, etc.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    I dont think this will end google. Maybe stop them making such a rediculous profit, but again that dosent affect any of us.

Just because microsoft add a search function into the latest IE release dosent mean people will stop using google.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    you know what; I didn't read the article properly, and assumed it was some kind of takeover bid. Now that I read it again, I think google's gonna be just finee :)

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    I dont think this will end google. Maybe stop them making such a rediculous profit, but again that dosent affect any of us.

Just because microsoft add a search function into the latest IE release dosent mean people will stop using google.
    It affects us because Google could get pushde out of the market. I already explained how. You mightn't use the new function, Gray won't and I won't, but the next million kids who get a computer for the first time will use it because it's there. They won't know what google is, and they won't feel the need to switch even when they find out. You can argue that it won't work - but I'm telling you it has in the past.

Google's profit margins are what lets them give you a GB of mailbox space. If their market share slips, their advertising revenue will drop like a stone. Companies look at numbers, nothing more.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    and when all the competition goes down, let's see how monstrous this Friendly Microsoft can be.
    Ever looked up a copywrite image Emma? Or downloaded pirated music? Do you think MS wouldn't sell your name to the record companies? Google might. MS would.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    thats cheap...

google will win out though, as long as important people support it. Like me. Its my homepage :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)