Microsoft fined by EU (1 Viewer)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    if i am not mistaken. u can just go to "open with" and select the program and check the box where it says open all this type of files with this program
    aha! And then you realized the mime type wasn't mapped after all. You open the same file again and you get that same dumbass dialog box again. Ever happened to you? If I had a dime for everytime I saw that..

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Yeah, but then you have to go around finding files of every type whose association you want to change, or rename them and open, then say "open all files of this type". I'd rather do it all in one sweep than wait for the "Select a program you wish :blah:" dialogue

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    they made a new one? i tried winamp 3 and i didnt like it
    winamp 3 was no good, it never took off. winamp5 is pretty new and much better, based mostly on v2 with a bunch of new stuff (media library etc).

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

aha! And then you realized the mime type wasn't mapped after all. You open the same file again and you get that same dumbass dialog box again. Ever happened to you? If I had a dime for everytime I saw that..
    i never had trouble with it. but it happened top my friend. he had Real and i wanted to use WMP. i tried a couple of times and then i just uninstalled Real.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Great news. Now, our dearest representatives in the European Parliament, kindly see to it that this money gets spend on useful aspects of society such as health care intead of some pan-European rubbish project like "Culture capital of the year" :fero:

Morons.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

And here's a humorous timeline from slashdot ;)

March 25, 2004 Microsoft fined E497M by the EU.

April 05, 2004 Microsoft files appeal.

June 11, 2004 Verdict upheld.

June 22, 2004 Microsoft contributes heavily to the Republican party.

July 05, 2004 EU declared part of the "Axis of Evil"

July 13, 2004 Colin Powell declares the EU has "Weapons of mass destruction, without a doubt."

July 27, 2004 US troops roll into the EU to promote Bush's "World Liberation '04" re-election campaign.

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=101369&cid=8638293
    :rofl:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Great news. Now, our dearest representatives in the European Parliament, kindly see to it that this money gets spend on useful aspects of society such as health care intead of some pan-European rubbish project like "Culture capital of the year" :fero:

Morons.
    Agreed.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Yeah, and steal our hard earned money. Get off your arses and build your own country already!

That stupid argiculture susbsidy system is costing NL a billion euros per year. In the meantime - I made an appointment for a dental surgeon; the earliest date he had time for me is in late August.

And why? Because we have no money left to spend on our own society and get rid of waiting lists :groan:

Sep 28, 2002
    oh bloody **** off!!

good for you to say, usa saved you after ww2, while we were forced to rotten under power of soviet union and everyone in the west pretented that everthing was fine. oooh, lets better not start this.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hold on, I think we can have a perfectly civilised discussion 'bout this. I'll reply to that via PM. Let's not derail yet ANOTHER thread, eh? :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I just wonder what a fine like this will lead to. I mean, in the past, companies have been forced to split up but such moves resembled more the creation of a daughter company than a competitor :undecide:

Sep 28, 2002
    maybe the same will be this time. but maybe alternative players will take advantage in this. but still, i have to buy windows, then i have to pay even more to watch video files. and all this in background of overpriced cigarettes...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah, and steal our hard earned money. Get off your arses and build your own country already!

That stupid argiculture susbsidy system is costing NL a billion euros per year. In the meantime - I made an appointment for a dental surgeon; the earliest date he had time for me is in late August.

And why? Because we have no money left to spend on our own society and get rid of waiting lists :groan:
    Here, here!

in the UK they're too busy spending money on housing illegal immigrants to worry about 'unworthy' folk like me :groan:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Hold on, I think we can have a perfectly civilised discussion 'bout this. I'll reply to that via PM. Let's not derail yet ANOTHER thread, eh? :D
    Can I jump in on that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)